We M92 - Low Output Valves?

Henners

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

Just wondered - new to the technical side of things, but interested to learn about it.

I wondered - are there any after market Low Output valves for the WE M9 / M92 series available?

I know there are a lot of high output valves around, but was specifically looking for a Low Output valve, if such a thing exists.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers

I've used these on WE G series mags in the past. Couldn't really give feedback on performance improvement etc though.

https://www.bullseyecountrysport.co.uk/poseidon-turbo-valve-shims-red-for-gbb-magazine-output-valves-pi-002-green-gas-29076-p.asp

Might end up not cycling as well . If the perpose is to drop the power I'd use a shorter barrel.

What’s the objective? Have you run the 92 through a chrono and found it to be over site limits?

Wider bore

shorter barrel

potentially weaker nozzle spring?

For clarification, the FPS quoted in the other thread. Is that a figure you’ve got from your own chrono at room temperature or is that from a retailers website?

Yep is from my own chrono at approx 20 degree C. 

Am not too familiar with GBB internals but I will research nozzle springs - was shooting a bit hot, but also wanted to reduce the gas output and leave the barrel as is if possible.

I've noticed that with the 50 rd extended mag, the mag is just about empty when reaching the end of it, so the pistol cycles quite weakly towards the end of a 50 rd mag, so I was wondering about reducing the gas output somewhat, perhaps it would improve the efficiency of the the mag no?

Cheers

The reason that the barrel change has been recommended is that as soon as you start changing/clipping springs, you may find that the gun starts to misfeed or fail to cycle. I’ve had a whole load of fun recently trying to get my head around the quirks of Gbb’s. The other thing you may find out there is a flute valve, specific to the WE designed for a slightly lower output? Best guy for advice on modifying the one in there is definitely @Adolf Hamster

The efficiency question, if you’re firing all 50 in succession the mag is probably getting pretty cold. If you let the magazine warm back up, you’ll find the gun will cycle much better again. 

Edited by Alimcd

You'll likely just have the gun struggling to cycle properly, even more so in the cold and they don't like the cold at the best of times . You know shortening the inner barrel has no effect on the external look?

Hey guys, thank you for all the advice, some interesting points there, and will definitely do a lot more research into this before I start tweaking and upgrading parts.

Just to confirm - what is the official UK site limit for semi-auto pistols?  Are they regarded as similar to or different to semi auto DMRs?

Cheers all!

• Supporters
13 minutes ago, Alimcd said:

The reason that the barrel change has been recommended is that as soon as you start changing/clipping springs, you may find that the gun starts to misfeed or fail to cycle. I’ve had a whole load of fun recently trying to get my head around the quirks of Gbb’s. The other thing you may find out there is a flute valve, specific to the WE designed for a slightly lower output? Best guy for advice on modifying the one in there is definitely @Adolf Hamster

The efficiency question, if you’re firing all 50 in succession the mag is probably getting pretty cold. If you let the magazine warm back up, you’ll find the gun will cycle much better again. 

as mentioned clipping springs isn't the wisest idea.

the float valve spring can in some scenarios be clipped to reduce fps output, had a kwc co2 makarov that had it done to bring it from "you have got to be kidding" fps down to 1j. however needless to say such a permanent mod runs the very serious risk of screwing things up. i wouldn't do it without a spare sitting around.

you could maybe try an NPAS? pretty sure the WE float valves are similar enough for most of their pistols and rifles for that to work, if you're worried i can try pulling the one from the dragonuv see if i'm right about that.

barrel change would be my normal go-to for fps adjustment being both consistent and non-permanent, problem is when dealing with pistols the barrel is that short that there's not much scope to shorten it further, and as you mention in the op normally that sort of thing is fitting a longer barrel to increase fps.

as for consistency, the only thing i can say is gas sealing, the nozzle-hop tension (maple leaf autobot rubbers are good for this with their metal c-clip, plus they're good hop rubbers), nozzle-piston (some aftermarket piston heads that function similar to aeg piston heads seem to work well) and mag router-nozzle fitment (9-ball routers or simply not having worn mags/mag catches) are the key areas for gas to leak, after that you're down to fundamental gun design (weight of slide, volume of gas in the mag etc). as @heroshark says WE's are famously averse to the cold so an inability to just mag-dump a 50-rounder is something you might just have to live with.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.