Airsoft Forums UK

Wiring a Gate Merf Into a V2 Gear Box - Boring Wire Question

SSPKali

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I am planning to fit a Gate MERF mosfet to my Cyma MP-5 High Speed. The gun will be rear wired with the battery and mosfet in the fixed stock. Being a v2 gear box there isn't room for two 16AWG Silicone wires (motor) and 2 thin signal wired in the gearbox shell, especially around the motor entry point. I usually use these larger diameter wires to keep the resistance down, although this came stock with 18 AWG and an extender section to make it front wired...so I guess it was suitable?

My plan is to use 18 AWG wire from a Deans connector at the back of the gear box to run the power wires to the motor and have room for the trigger contact signal wires. The MOSFET will sit in the stock up near the back of the receiver (I can always pop the stock off if i need to change settings / get at it) This will keep the thinner wires to a minimum.

There will be a Deans connector and enough 16 AWG silicone wire from the other end of the MOSFET to the battery connector which I can grab from the open end of the stock pad. 

I am guessing the larger diameter wire will be better (less resistance) and there is loads of room in the stock so it seems silly not to? I had forgotten how much I hate v2s!

mosfet wiring.png

Edited by SSPKali

Dremel a slit on the left half shell so that you can route all the wires through it and avoid getting them wrecked by the pinion.

Or just keep them in place with a dab of hot glue.

I've done mine with Alpha 16AWG wire and didn't have any issue

43 minutes ago, ak2m4 said:

However you will loose flexibility in the wire.

Try installing a fucking Perun unit after you've installed a Titan or did a simple rewire with Alpha :D They use some ultra soft jelly wire that is an absolute thundercunt to keep in place -.-

• Supporters

Or *shudders* rear wired buffer tube ak's.....

That was the day i simaltaneously found out spade connectors onto deans tabs works surprisingly well and that i hate the buffer tube......

7 hours ago, Skara said:

Dremel a slit on the left half shell so that you can route all the wires through it and avoid getting them wrecked by the pinion.

Or just keep them in place with a dab of hot glue.

I've done mine with Alpha 16AWG wire and didn't have any issue

Do you mean run both motor wires out the "back" of the pistol grip thus avoiding the red wire crossing the pinion shaft (hehe he said shaft)?

Might be enough room then for the 4 wires at the back of the gearbox and just the hot-glued out the way signal wires going to the front part.

31 minutes ago, SSPKali said:

Do you mean run both motor wires out the "back" of the pistol grip thus avoiding the red wire crossing the pinion shaft (hehe he said shaft)?

That is an option but it's not what I was talking about..

41uuxkziFhL._AC_.jpg

You see the cutout below the spur gear's bearing? it allows the wires to bypass the motor pinion completely :D

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.