Been Thinking. Would This Be Allowed in Airsoft

Spartan09

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

as the title suggests,  i have been thinking  (a dangerous thing to do, i agree)..

today i was watching dvd collection of Sharpe, while also giving my gear a once over to find any issues before next weekends game days and had a thought when looking at my TAGinn CO2 shells.

i run a grenade launcher on my gun, but due to leaking valves on most of my moscarts, i only have a couple of APS hellfires that i can use.  i also have 3 TAGinn shells that wont get much use due to the lack of sites that allow TAGs in general skirmishes.

i was wondering if i would be allowed to get some tracing paper or tissue paper and use it to make a "parcel" filled with BBs that i could load into the TAG shell as a makeshift moscart in the field (as the hellfires will take age to reload at respawn), similar to the TAG buckshot round.

my thinking would be that if the end is loosely taped, the force of the CO2 would shred the paper and scatter the bbs...    but no point in experimenting if the general concensus is that it wouldnt be allowed

Try it out and see what happens. If it works reasonably, show it to marshals where you are playing and if they ok it there you go. Just try not to point blank anyone with it but the same goes with normal moscarts though but I'm sure you know that.

7 hours ago, Spartan09 said:

as the title suggests,  i have been thinking  (a dangerous thing to do, i agree)..

today i was watching dvd collection of Sharpe, while also giving my gear a once over to find any issues before next weekends game days and had a thought when looking at my TAGinn CO2 shells.

i run a grenade launcher on my gun, but due to leaking valves on most of my moscarts, i only have a couple of APS hellfires that i can use.  i also have 3 TAGinn shells that wont get much use due to the lack of sites that allow TAGs in general skirmishes.

i was wondering if i would be allowed to get some tracing paper or tissue paper and use it to make a "parcel" filled with BBs that i could load into the TAG shell as a makeshift moscart in the field (as the hellfires will take age to reload at respawn), similar to the TAG buckshot round.

my thinking would be that if the end is loosely taped, the force of the CO2 would shred the paper and scatter the bbs...    but no point in experimenting if the general concensus is that it wouldnt be allowed

I wouldn’t rule it out as a concept 

With anything from a grenade launcher there would be those that are allowable and those flatly refused.

I’m less keen on the description ‘loosely taped’, I would think to go for a folded parcel with either no tape, or a tiny patch of tape as a final closure.

Try a parcel of tissue paper like a cross between a sabot* and a muskets powder cartridge

It’s surprising how resilient fragile materials can be - a tissue wrap is either going to fly intact or fall apart as it’s shot, tape will reinforce it even when loose

* I’m referring to the history of sabot, not advising you to make an amour piercing shell!

Edited by Tommikka

2 hours ago, Tommikka said:

go for a folded parcel with either no tape, or a tiny patch of tape as a final closure.

Yeah, thats what i meant...    fold the ends over and use a tiny amount of tape to hold the ends closed and not spill bbs everywhere when carrying the parcels in my pouches

• Supporters

this sounds very much like the "mcbuckshot" shells a fella on here was fond of making out of mcdonalds gravy pots.

as long as it's lightweight materials that will either shred or fall away when fired so you're not smacking someone with a single big mass i can't see it being that bad, certainly not compared to impact tag rounds which scare the bejesus out of me.

You will have to think about the liability of it and the insurance requirements of most fields. I know if I were running a field I would not allow 'home made' devices because of this regardless of how lightweight it is.

BP shooters use silver rizla king skins.  Make the cartridge skin around a dowel, then pour in the BBS.   Fold the ends over to seal.  

• Supporters

You can get TAG ‘shotgun’ shells , basically you’ve got two foam clam shells very lightly stuck together full of BBs that split apart when fired , AND they sting like a bitch if your close enough ! 😖 not bad range on then either .👍

5 hours ago, Druid799 said:

You can get TAG ‘shotgun’ shells , basically you’ve got two foam clam shells very lightly stuck together full of BBs that split apart when fired , AND they sting like a bitch if your close enough ! 😖 not bad range on then either .👍

True,  and that was part of what set me thinking about the idea i listed in my opening post.

But as far as i am aware, the "clamshell" part of the shell is lodged into a TAG casing, so it can be fired from a TAG standalone launcher,  and you cant remove them from the casing to load it into a TAG launcher shell without it coming apart in your hands.

If i have been misinformed, then i am happy to stand corrected and i will look to buy some TAG buckshot rounds instead for outdoors use

• Supporters
5 hours ago, Spartan09 said:

True,  and that was part of what set me thinking about the idea i listed in my opening post.

But as far as i am aware, the "clamshell" part of the shell is lodged into a TAG casing, so it can be fired from a TAG standalone launcher,  and you cant remove them from the casing to load it into a TAG launcher shell without it coming apart in your hands.

If i have been misinformed, then i am happy to stand corrected and i will look to buy some TAG buckshot rounds instead for outdoors use

Only saw the ones my mate had (the one he shot me with) , he was loading them like normal TAG rounds and firing them out of a 203 .

• Supporters

Need to watch a bunch of InRangeTV.

Ya tried just straight pouring BBs in to the TAG shell, putting a bit of cotton wool or whatever on top to hold them in then firing that?  That's how blunderbusses work, it's a well established methodology.  I'd try it with different amounts of BBs and patch materials and see what you can do.  Seems infinitely more likely to produce a shotgun blast than the packet method you're mentioning to my mind.

True.

And once i can go to my preferred airsoft shop and can get some bbs, i will experiment.

Not going to waste perfectly good bbs on experiments when i can get some cheap bbs when they clean up the range (its what i use to fill all my MOSCARTs...   go down with an empty bb bottle and buy the guys a drink for them to fill the bottle)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.