C-tech Aegis Enhanced Electronics Set for Gbls das

TheCage

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

The Cage Airsoft introduces the C-TECH AEGIS Enhanced Electronics Set. A fully integrated upgrade designed to maximise the potential of the GBLS Dynamic Action System,

The DAS is an awesome platform that offers a realistic experience in a battery powered replica. Unfortunately it suffers from a few problems. Firstly, the electronic components can sometimes fail when there is a current surge before the fuse is able to blow and protect the circuit. Secondly, water ingress can cause temporary malfunctions or permanent damage. Either way, your DAS is out of action for that occasion.

This drop-in set was designed in collaboration with and manufactured by Perun Airsoft. Replacing the entire electronics board and wiring loom of the GDR15 or GDR416 with robust high spec components, the AEGIS offers:

- Full circuit protection
- All weather performance
- Electronic resettable fuse
- Low battery warning

The system offers increased reliability and has been shown to continue operating even when fully submerged in water during torture testing.

The AEGIS is available for pre-order now for £150 and is expected to ship on 5th April 2021.
http://www.thecageairsoft.co.uk/c-tech-aegis-enhanced-electronics-set/

The Cage Airsoft is an online retailer of premium airsoft parts and upgrades. We also offer a comprehensive repair, maintenance and upgrade service for most airsoft guns. Whether you need stripped gears replaced, a tune up or wish to squeeze some more performance from your gun, our experienced technicians are here to help.

C-TECH_AEGIS_FI-1.jpg

C-TECH_AEGIS_FI-2.jpg

C-TECH_AEGIS_FI-3.jpg

C-TECH_AEGIS_FI-4.jpg

53 minutes ago, TheCage said:

The DAS is an awesome platform that offers a realistic experience in a battery powered replica. Unfortunately it suffers from a few problems. Firstly, the electronic components can sometimes fail when there is a current surge before the fuse is able to blow and protect the circuit. Secondly, water ingress can cause temporary malfunctions or permanent damage. Either way, your DAS is out of action for that occasion.

Well fuck me, it's like Systema PTW's all over again.

Not seeing the justification for the cost TBH - a couple bits of wire, a deans connector, a few switches and a tiny electronics board. I suppose if you've dropped nearly £1500 to £1900 on a blaster though, what's another £150...right? 🙄

On 26/03/2021 at 15:22, Hypokondrikern said:

I really think this should come as standard from GBLS. But like @Speedbird_666 said what’s another 150 for those that could afford it in the first place ...

(GBLS GDR15 for the people !!) 

Yeah it really should, but they don't. Rather amusing that a bit of rain can ruin a day or weekend with a £1600 gun.

Plus have you seen the cost of the standard components?

• 2 weeks later...

@tinkle60

haha totally, there is a video on YouTube of someone struggling to get their GBLS together in some moist low foliage. Like some montage from Monty’s gardening world ...

What components do you refer to? I think the GBLS is such a miss. I absolutely adore the concept and respect the creators but there are so many flaws. This waterproof spaghetti kit should be standard, AEG-priced magazines ( why do they cost equal to a GBBR mag?! ) and more cost efficient spares - that would probably have me bite the bullet and invest in the system even with its steep entry price. 

So a £1600 gun that gives you blowback-ish but stops when the weather is damp?

Or buy a Marui MWS, 5 spare mags, a box of gas bottles, bag of BBs, a speedloader and a nice Vortex optic....and have enough money left for a dozen game fees 😃

17 hours ago, SSPKali said:

So a £1600 gun that gives you blowback-ish but stops when the weather is damp?

Or buy a Marui MWS, 5 spare mags, a box of gas bottles, bag of BBs, a speedloader and a nice Vortex optic....and have enough money left for a dozen game fees 😃

Or for the price of a humidity protected GBLS + 5 mags you could buy three MWSs with lots of magazines and share with your team. Lots of smiles. No matter the weather. 

A mate of mine on here has bought a GBLS and he used it this weekend gone and he's simply smiling about it.... in his words the immersion when using it is incredible...  I have to say I'm curious to have a go on it and compare it to my KOA NGRS build and of course my MWS....  In his words... you'd better get ya cheque book ready! To say I'm a tad wary of having a play with it is an understatement. I just hope I don't like it..... otherwise bugger!!

Having played about with one (not actually skirmished, but fired and manipulated one) I would say that in terms of immersion it is a generational leap ahead of the NGRS.

In my opinion it is still not at the level of the immersion of the MWS, but where it wins over the gas platform is all weather consistency and the convenience of batteries over gas.

At the moment it has a couple of its own problems, water Ingres into the electronics and hop/nozzle durability being the main ones that I am aware of (this widget seems to solve the first of these). Once both of these are solved then I would seriously consider getting one.

A quick spray of some RS conformal coating would fix the electrical issue permanently and be a lot cheaper

I’m not sure conformal coating would fix it (I am aware of several people who have done this) it seems to be the contacts in the micro switches that are susceptible to water ingress and I’m not aware of any coating that either (a) prevent water ingress into physically moving parts (the motion of the switches will break or wear away any seal), or (b) actually coat the contacts inside the switches but still allows current to flow.

On the plus side as it is only the micro switches once the gun dries out they seem to work fine (although I do wonder about longer term corrosion damage), but still not really an acceptable situation for a £1000+ Boom stick.

You can get sealed microswitches

• 1 month later...
On 20/04/2021 at 09:23, Cyberlawyer said:

Having played about with one (not actually skirmished, but fired and manipulated one) I would say that in terms of immersion it is a generational leap ahead of the NGRS.

In my opinion it is still not at the level of the immersion of the MWS, but where it wins over the gas platform is all weather consistency and the convenience of batteries over gas.

At the moment it has a couple of its own problems, water Ingres into the electronics and hop/nozzle durability being the main ones that I am aware of (this widget seems to solve the first of these). Once both of these are solved then I would seriously consider getting one.

I’d also consider the GBLS if these flaws mentioned were remedied. But another strong selling point for me would be cheaper mags. I could somehow see myself saving the cash for this immensely expensive toy if the mags / maintenance parts were less costly. I really don’t understand why the mags are so expensive. 50 euros a piece! That’s just as much as a gbbr magazine! 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.