Titano-store.Com

EDcase

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just purchased a RIF from Titano-Store in Italy.

Good price

Not good comms as I didn't even receive an email receipt for purchase.  Luckily I did a screen capture of the order summary on the web page before closing.

Took 2 days to prepare with no comms again.

On 3rd day received an email with just 'DHL xxxxxxxxxx'

Got to say that DHL tracking is really good but...

It arrived 2 days earlier than predicted. 😲

No extra fees in this case.

So all good...

But checking over the RIF it has some problems.

1) The rear sight has some dents from some quite heavy knocks. Could be related to (2) below.

2) Also the rear sight elevation is jammed and does not function. Don't know if this is due to age or someone turning too tight.  Tried to loosen with oil etc but could not fix it so will have to buy a new one

3) One of the two screws holding the hand grip has been head stripped.  Has anyone had this from new?

4) More serious. The two screws holding the motor plate were self tapping wood screws instead of M3 bolts!  ( I changed them asap and luckily threads were OK)

5) The RIF shoots low power of about 260fps and quite far to the right but its an A&K so can't blame the shop for that.

So Titano has poor comms but seem quite efficient though I'm not convinced I got a new rifle.   Its too much hassle to return so will try to fix myself.

Edited by EDcase

Well it's not from Italy :D San Marino is separate. Before brexit that mattered, as you would have been liable for VAT and import on entry. Now, well it doesn't matter now as you are liable from the EU as well, In fact you probably beat the system as the parcel wasn't flagged as been from the EU!

I ordered once from them.

Fucking pain in the ass user interface and they seem to be dyslexic or something as half the words were spelt wrong :D

8 hours ago, EDcase said:

So Titano has poor comms but seem quite efficient though I'm not convinced I got a new rifle.

That's typical of shady San Marino retailers (Titano, Il Semaforo and others), I can only recommend SoftairGames as I've ordered plenty of stuff from them and never had an issue..

• Supporters
9 hours ago, EDcase said:

though I'm not convinced I got a new rifle. 

sounds like a warranty return they've had their "tech" look at then shoved back on the shelves?

wood screws sounds like proper bubba spec even by the standards of airsoft retailers.

dunno what your plans are but i would be curious to see luke's diagnosis of just what's happened to it.

10 hours ago, Asomodai said:

Out of interest did they charge you Italian sales tax at their end? 

I don't know. It doesn't mention anything about tax in the order.

5 hours ago, Iceni said:

Well it's not from Italy :D San Marino is separate. Before brexit that mattered, as you would have been liable for VAT and import on entry. Now, well it doesn't matter now as you are liable from the EU as well, In fact you probably beat the system as the parcel wasn't flagged as been from the EU!

Ah, didn't realise that.  I was lucky then.

2 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

sounds like a warranty return they've had their "tech" look at then shoved back on the shelves?

wood screws sounds like proper bubba spec even by the standards of airsoft retailers.

dunno what your plans are but i would be curious to see luke's diagnosis of just what's happened to it.

I did get a reply from them saying that they just tested it and shipped.

I could possibly return it but its just not worth the hassle.  If I got another there's a chance it might be as bad or worse.

It was very cheap from A&K who don't have the best reputation so I'll take what I've got

I did think of sending it to Luke but I'll try and sort it myself first as a learning project 😉

• Supporters
12 minutes ago, EDcase said:

It was very cheap from A&K who don't have the best reputation so I'll take what I've got

a&k are a weird one, i've mostly worked on their lmg's but generally they have some good design features and pretty reasonable quality.

but then they do some stuff really badly, like the open-bottomed gearbox or the frankly atrocious state of their hop rubbers.

14 minutes ago, EDcase said:

I did think of sending it to Luke but I'll try and sort it myself first as a learning project 😉

fair enough, if you find anything else interesting let us know if only to satiate my rubbernecking :P

13 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

a&k are a weird one, i've mostly worked on their lmg's but generally they have some good design features and pretty reasonable quality.

but then they do some stuff really badly, like the open-bottomed gearbox or the frankly atrocious state of their hop rubbers.

fair enough, if you find anything else interesting let us know if only to satiate my rubbernecking :P

Yeah, the M60vn I have is quite well put together and gearbox is solid.

At £128 this is a cheap gun after all

• Supporters
32 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Yeah, the M60vn I have is quite well put together and gearbox is solid.

At £128 this is a cheap gun after all

Yeah the support gun box is solid, but open gears+dirt=urrrgh

That said i found a twig inside an m14 box once so not even closed boxes are safe.....

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.