Sniper Elite (Film 2014)

DaktariT

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

3.6/10?

Sounds like my kind of movie

- There was an advert for SiX on Sky, which had a camera pan over loads of spent casing as mags - all the mags were high caps, as seen from both top and bottom

- BBC Bodyguard giving all their SO19 officers Ztac headsets

Bodyguard.jpg

Edited by rj1986

As an ex-Copper and current Military Policeman, I loathe all Police shows as I spend most of my time yelling at the screen 'IT DOESN'T WORK LIKE THAT" or 'YOU WOULDNT DO THAT!"....

Edited by EvilMonkee

19 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

As an ex-Copper and current Military Policeman, I loathe all Police shows as I spend most of my time yelling at the screen 'IT DOESN'T WORK LIKE THAT" or 'YOU WOULDNT DO THAT!"....

That always makes me think how many mistakes they make in all TV shows & films. Anything I know anything about is always cocked up lol

Noticed this the other night.

Whole team running mp5k/pdw, but Angel still needs an m4 mag on his belt.

image.png.af538fb433c70e9318966865dcd9f5fb.png

Edited by lukeB

Seal Team is probably one of the more accurate as they have 2 ex service and 1 current police actually on screen.

They also use kosher kit - which means that they cut the sleeves off very expensive shirts for David Aurora Borealis.

Please don't watch it but "SAS: Red Notice" had the blades kitted out in reject kit from the local airsoft site rentals bin 🤪

Shockingly bad film with some well known actors in it (who probably got new agents after that 💩show!)

2 minutes ago, SSPKali said:

Please don't watch it but "SAS: Red Notice" had the blades kitted out in reject kit from the local airsoft site rentals bin 🤪

Shockingly bad film with some well known actors in it (who probably got new agents after that 💩show!)

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific." Michael Caine on Jaws 4

13 minutes ago, SSPKali said:

im still trying to work out how they opened the pipeline door from inside with no handles

Had high hopes due to the cast, but yeah terrible and painful to watch.

My favorite was the SAS sniper that was laying prone in the tunnel but couldn't hit anything at 25 meters.

13 minutes ago, lukeB said:

Had high hopes due to the cast, but yeah terrible and painful to watch.

My favorite was the SAS sniper that was laying prone in the tunnel but couldn't hit anything at 25 meters.

MED matey MED !!!!

or

Hopup was foobarred :P

• Supporters

“Why yes Marmaduke it is as shockingly bad as everyone says !”🤢

one question though does anyone know what the knife is they all seem to have strapped to there shoulders ? And just to reiterate the general consensus, it’s fecking terrible ! Only watched it because I’ve been really ill past couple of mths so I’ve run out of all the good stuff to watch !

working my way down the sewer pipe now ! 😭

3 hours ago, hitmanNo2 said:

A good rule of thumb is if Ruby Rose is in something, avoid it.

John Wick 2. There's always outliers :P

SAS: Red Notice
What an utter bunch of wank. Surely the SAS can afford helmets that fit? 
When they were assaulting the house, I actually thought any half conscious group of airsofters could do a better job. I mean wtf were they doing? 
And that sniper was an utter joke - he literally couldn't see where he was shooting cos his headgear kept falling over his eyes.
Hostage movie on a train? Under Siege 2, every time. And that show's just how unbelievably shite SAS: Red notice is.
I understand that Andy McNab was the technical advisor - I think, perhaps, he was having a giggle with them. It's the only possible conclusion.

Maybe this should become a wider discussion regarding films in general and airsoft?

One of my personal pet peeves is seeing "spec ops" using Baofeng's in various shows or plate carriers with nothing but air occupying the spot where there should be plates. Are these actors so unfit that they can't even manage some hollow plastic dummy plates or some foam plates?

I think my favourite blooper is in Den of Thieves where Gerard Butler is advancing up the line of cars, focused on aiming down sight and clearing... only for the magazine to be missing at one point. I don't understand how that could have happened... surely someone would have noticed the magazine was missing?!?! It's a shame as I quite like Den of Thieves (it's probably as close to a contemporary Heat as we'll ever see) but it just seems like such a stupid oversight.

Apologies if this has hijacked the thread somewhat, I think I just needed the rant, haha.

• Supporters

Lol, remember the same thing in 24, Jack takes down a Tango & grabs his G36, scans left, mags in, scans right, no mag, scans left again, magic mag is back in 🤣

• Supporters
41 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

That’s not a gun in the traditional sense , it’s a new weapon designed specifically for this new ‘ranger battalion(WTF are trying to make us as shit as the fecking yanks ?) what it actually does is it focuses the huge waves of awesomeness that emanates from these Demi-gods of war in to a single beam that’ll explode the bad guys with one shot ! Much like the guns in men in black

• Supporters
On 22/03/2021 at 14:55, rj1986 said:

- There was an advert for SiX on Sky, which had a camera pan over loads of spent casing as mags - all the mags were high caps, as seen from both top and bottom

- BBC Bodyguard giving all their SO19 officers Ztac headsets

Bodyguard.jpg

I noticed that too when I watched it but spent most of my time grinding my teeth at how badly that magnifier lines up with his red dot.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.