Gbb Issues

da182

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I recently got the WE GBB Makarov but when I fill up the mag it shoots one BB then the rest just drop out the barrel and I have to refill the mag before being able to shoot another 1 BB again does anyone have any ideas ive got a new mag on the way incase its a leak but could it be any other issues?

Can you hear gas escaping from mag?

Are you filling mag with gas properly?

How do you mean when you say the rest are dropping out of barrel?

• Supporters

sounds like a fill issue, the makarov does have pretty bad cooldown but indoors you should still be able to make it halfway through the mag before it starts really struggling.

51 minutes ago, Shamal said:

Can you hear gas escaping from mag?

Are you filling mag with gas properly?

How do you mean when you say the rest are dropping out of barrel?

3 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Are you filling properly with the gas can pointing down?

I don't hear any gas escaping and I'm filling it properly pointing down and its just like they roll out the barrel

Does it keep shooting without the BBs coming out or does it run out of gas pressure after a couple of shots?

Would be ideal if you can make a video of the process of filling the mag and shooting it.

Edited by EDcase

Silly question and I don't want to sound condescending but are you filling mag out of gun.

Perhaps you could try adjusting hop until it just holds bb in hop unit.🤔

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, Shamal said:

fair point, the "off" setting on the stock makarov hop is very much on the loose side.

I don’t think it’s the magazine and i’m filling it out of the gun but it stays full until I put it in then it empty’s straight away 

1 hour ago, EDcase said:

Does it keep shooting without the BBs coming out or does it run out of gas pressure after a couple of shots?

Would be ideal if you can make a video of the process of filling the mag and shooting it.

1 hour ago, Shamal said:

Silly question and I don't want to sound condescending but are you filling mag out of gun.

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

fair point, the "off" setting on the stock makarov hop is very much on the loose side.

I don’t think it’s the magazine and i’m filling it out of the gun but it stays full until I put it in then it empty’s straight away 

2 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

So the mag is venting when you try to fire?

I think so I’m very new to airsoft but it goes empty when I put it in the gun even without firing but out the gun it holds the gas

Sounds like the firing pin is sticking out too much in the gun so when you put the mag in its venting slowly.

You should be able to hear that though.

Try putting the mag in with the hammer pulled back and see if it still shoots after a minute or two.

I'm afraid it does sound like its faulty and needs to go back.

51 minutes ago, da182 said:

I think so I’m very new to airsoft but it goes empty when I put it in the gun even without firing but out the gun it holds the gas

Just a thought but you could try putting mag in with the hammer cocked

12 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Sounds like the firing pin is sticking out too much in the gun so when you put the mag in its venting slowly.

You should be able to hear that though.

Try putting the mag in with the hammer pulled back and see if it still shoots after a minute or two.

I'm afraid it does sound like its faulty and needs to go back.

Sorry snap lol

• Supporters

Other possibility- if the mag is venting on insertion before even firing try engaging the safety first see if that solves it.

That would confirm that its the knocker as the makarov safety lifts the knocker so it should miss the valve.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.