Tm Ngrs - to Upgrade or Not?

C-Diddy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

@alphabear  Grammar Nazi here....its INVASIVE not evasive....thank you :)

Slightly off topic (but what’s new this AFUK !🤦‍♂️) was the guy who proofread Hitlers speeches the first Grammar NAZI ? 🤔

13 hours ago, C-Diddy said:

Anyone got any recommendations for suppliers of connectors or will any airsoft/RC supplier do? And most pre-wired connectors that I've seen come with approx 100mm of wire. Would that be enough for an extending stock on a 416? Probably a gash question but I'd rather get it right and only have to do it once.

To be honest until I bought a decent soldering iron to do my own I always got them from Fleabay just made sure it was from an electrical hobby seller . Yea 100mm is a bit too short , I always go at least 150 if not 200 my self better to have too much than not enough you can always just tuck the spare out of the way . 👍

24 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Slightly off topic (but what’s new this AFUK !🤦‍♂️) was the guy who proofread Hitlers speeches the first Grammar NAZI ? 🤔

To be honest until I bought a decent soldering iron to do my own I always got them from Fleabay just made sure it was from an electrical hobby seller . Yea 100mm is a bit too short , I always go at least 150 if not 200 my self better to have too much than not enough you can always just tuck the spare out of the way . 👍

Ordered some from a RC guy on eBay. may only be 100mm but good enough for a practice run. May just order the connectors and wire separately and do the whole lot from scratch. Is 16AWG wire correct? 

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, C-Diddy said:

Is 16AWG wire correct? 

Technically haven’t a scooby (am a total Neanderthal over shit like that)but it’s the size I’ve always used with no problems 👍

1 minute ago, C-Diddy said:

May just order the connectors and wire separately and do the whole lot from scratch. Is 16AWG wire correct? 

It's actually pretty simple to wire them up. Don't forget heat shrink, you don't want to accidentally short circuit the battery. 16AWG is what I use. Not all wire of a given gauge can be considered equal though.

14 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Technically haven’t a scooby (am a total Neanderthal over shit like that)but it’s the size I’ve always used with no problems 👍

Good enough for me then!

14 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

It's actually pretty simple to wire them up. Don't forget heat shrink, you don't want to accidentally short circuit the battery. 16AWG is what I use. Not all wire of a given gauge can be considered equal though.

Heat shrink sorted, soldering iron and accessories sorted and connectors ordered. Bit of pissing about first off to get my hand in (cheers YouTube and memories from my design tech class from 30 years ago!) then I'll go for it.

• 2 weeks later...

It’s really interesting reading everyone’s comments and opinions over the (IMO) controversial topic of upgrading the NGRS. I fall into the category of “shamelessly upgrade and dump a metric ton of magic pict dust in it, then off you go” category! Has it worked? 🤷🏼‍♂️! Was it worth it?🤷🏼‍♂️ But I really enjoy it, it hasn’t (touch wood) piled in on me yet after 4 years or so and turns heads on game days with range, snappiness and accuracy. So I guess I’d say I’m happy with it. And I’d recommend the bells and whistle option. That said, they’re good out of the box and it’s probably as much of a fashion thing to upgrade them as it is a function thing. Annoyingly when I got mine, they hadn’t released the MK18 version, so I had to build it out of the SOPMOD version. Which in all honesty I also enjoyed putting together. and had(at the time) a pretty rare looking rif/NGRS. I must add, I at no stage did any of the tech work myself! Had I, it would be a very different story and I’m sure I would have another bag of parts in a box, recommending keeping it totally stock instead of a NGRS MK18 sprayed and in a nice case!🤣🤣

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/03/2021 at 18:06, AlphaBear said:

Me with 350fps with a TM recoil..... 

smeagol-my-precious-funny-shoes.jpg.8fd0d83b2ab694924761c855a6e32040.jpg

Yeah happy days! I had to do it after I used my TM SCAR stock for a couple of days gaming. Shoots perfectly.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.