Tm/We Glock Nozzles

MistakenMexican

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

Soon I'm going to be modifying all my various TM/WE glocks to run on a single set of TM mags. I'm going to put TM nozzles in my WE Glock to allow them to make the most of the TM Mags. I've done this before with standard nozzle housings and not had an issue putting a standard TM nozzle in a standard WE BBU. However, I have a WE Ace 1 Arms RMR slide on one of the G17s. I have very little experience with these RMR cut slides and BBUs. Can anyone confirm if they're all standardised? I would normally find an ACE 1 ARMs TM RMR cut nozzle and drop that in... But at the moment, I can only find the GunsModify version.

TL;DR (my question): Will a Gunsmodify RMR cut loading nozzle fit in an A1A RMR cut BBU?

@rocketdogbert I hear you might be knowledgable on this?

Edited by MistakenMexican

Almost always RMR cut slides use G18 nozzles as they are flat on top.

Personally, I’ve had much better luck with WE mags as the springs and tolerances suit green and red gas better, but it’s just a personal thing really.

If you’re set on keeping the TM mags, why not change the gas routers to WE, much simpler job? 

Thats good to know and interesting. I've had much better luck with TM mags. 

I'm reluctant to switch over to the WE gas routers as all my TM mags have the laylax gas routers. It might be placebo effect, but I feel the laylax gas routers make a much better air seal than the stock TM gas routers.

I've found that my WE mags don't consistently work with my TM pistols. About half of the WE Glk mags light strike in my TM Glks if the weather is anything more than British winter. However, none of my pistols have an issue running the TM mags (when the routers are switched). I also much prefer the quality of the TM magazines... but that might be a personal thing over a fact.

I agree though, the gas routers would be a simpler job. I'll have to have a think and weigh up the two options.

The WE and TM G18 systems aren’t the same, I haven’t tried to install a TM G18 nozzle in a WE G18 BBU, but they’re relatively cheap, might be worth a go

Hi mate, i'd caveat that i've never tested it myself, but i'd say yes.

My logic is that you've tested standard G17 TM/WE and it works, as i remember the only difference in form factor is flat on the WE nozzle and curved on the TM for gas routing.  Also WE are pretty much TM clones so i wouldn't expect a huge differential in the core shape of the part.

Randomly i have a GM RMR BBU for sale on here with a TM spec GM nozzle, if you wanted to send me your Ace 1 BBU i could test this fit for you? 

But i think as RDB says, quite a chep part so probably just worth a punt?

Yeah, just looked online and they're only £10 a go, so I'll order one and try it out in a couple of weeks time :)

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update on this:

I tried a few things:

- Drop a TM nozzle into a WE BBU and then into the SRU slide

- Drop a TM Nozzle and TM BBU into the SRU slide

- Drop a COWCOW nozzle and Guarder BBU into the SRU slide.

In my SRU G17 (top pistol), I've changed the nozzle from a WE nozzle and BBU to a COW COW TM nozzle and Guarder BBU. Some fitment was needed, but not much. Interestingly, the Guarder BBU doesn't easily fit into my TM slides, but easily fits into the WE slides.

I've also tried putting a stock TM BBU and nozzle in which dropped in.

In both cases, the slide seems to get stuck when cycling back, which might be because the BBU is brand new and catching on the hammer mechanism. 

I tried dropping a TM nozzle into a WE BBU however, either the piston head or the BBU is ever so slightly larger than the TM nozzle, so the gas seal isn't get good.

I haven't got the nozzle part for the RMR cut slide yet, so that will be another interesting learning experience.

IMG_2796 copy.jpg

Another update on this. I got the TM RMR style air nozzle from HK on Tuesday. I've fitted the nozzle to my SAI G17 with RMR (as pictured above). This has allowed the G17 with RMR to take TM mags happily. One slight miscalculation is the piston lid. The piston lid fitted presently is for a WE Nozzle... and it appears the TM nozzle is slightly smaller, which is creating resistance in the nozzle cycling. I've ordered a matching piston lid for the TM style RMR nozzle which should hopefully fix the problem.

Presently, both slides seem to catch or jam ever so slightly when recoiling and gas is low. Not sure what's causing this yet. So I'll be looking into that problem next. It might be a symptom of the nozzles being stiff... so once I've replaced the piston lids, we'll see.

On 08/04/2021 at 13:27, MistakenMexican said:

Another update on this. I got the TM RMR style air nozzle from HK on Tuesday. I've fitted the nozzle to my SAI G17 with RMR (as pictured above). This has allowed the G17 with RMR to take TM mags happily. One slight miscalculation is the piston lid. The piston lid fitted presently is for a WE Nozzle... and it appears the TM nozzle is slightly smaller, which is creating resistance in the nozzle cycling. I've ordered a matching piston lid for the TM style RMR nozzle which should hopefully fix the problem.

Presently, both slides seem to catch or jam ever so slightly when recoiling and gas is low. Not sure what's causing this yet. So I'll be looking into that problem next. It might be a symptom of the nozzles being stiff... so once I've replaced the piston lids, we'll see.

I'm looking at doing this same thing now, since I got an A1A RMR cut slide (lallo-P from JKArmy) which comes with their bbu and nozzle setup. I noticed that something is off spec as I can see the piston head through the gas port of the nozzle by around 1mm. I tested the slide with HPA and it was perfect, also it chrono'd at 0.9-1J indoors with green gas, however when I tried outdoors with red gas at fairly cold temps (6 degrees C or so), I had serious feeding issues which I initially though was due to the seal between the nozzle and piston head being too tight and once it gets cold, it does not go back far enough. I'm ordering a few different piston heads and a dynamic precision 135% nozzle spring in hopes this will fix it, but if a guarder or GM nozzle will be a drop in fit for the a1a bbu, then I'll get one of those as well... My understanding is that you got it to work? A TM G18C spec nozzle to fit into the A1A BBU?

@ajumma Yeah you got it, the GM RMR nozzle fits in the ACE1ARMs RMR BBU. You just need to replace the nozzle and the piston lid with to match the nozzle. Looking on JK Army, A1A also do an RMR BBU Specifically for TM... I assume it must work with a TM Spec GM nozzle, as last time I checked A1A don't do a TM spec RMR nozzle.

I'm not sure a nozzle spring will help, but its easy enough to try and experiment with :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.