Eye Wear for Glasses Wearer

Angel Monroe

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Having glasses on is a horrible thing is airsoft. two lots of surface to really fog up.

Ideally a goggle which sits far from the face is a nice idea. Alternative opitiions are ballistic proscription glasses. which would normally set you back at least £50 for a good set.

I have tried multiple brands of goggles and the only one i've liked and fits over my glasses are the Bolle Pilot safety goggles, BUT I do suffer with fogging when it's warm. I would love a pair of prescription safety specs but don't know where to look...

I use Paintball googles (Empire E-Vents) and Fogtech wipes these days. I don't get much in the way of fogging issues with this setup.

Tried everything else, including Rx inserts and Polycarbonate prescription glasses from (the now defunct) Tactical Optician.

Unfortunately, after 10 years of contact lenses, I can't use them anymore. Tried nearly every brand of disposables but my eyes just won't take them at all.

• Supporters

Any of the ‘reputable’ safety glasses that take prescription inserts + sawfly anti fog wipes (what I’ve been using for a good few yrs now)and you’ll be golden . If you can’t get on with inserts and have to use your normal glasses then get some fan assisted goggles over the top of them , my eldest has used this system for a good few yrs as well with no problem .

I got a pair of nuprol with lens inserts, got the lens done for £12.

I put a review here:

Edited by Brophy

• Supporters
On 22/03/2021 at 22:28, GothicGhost said:

Been using Bolle x1000 Rx goggles for few years now and they made for glasses to fit inside them.

https://ukmcpro.co.uk/products/bolle-tactical-x1000-goggles-rx-model

I now still use the goggles but have daily disposable contact lenses for less hassle.

They've been discontinued by Bolle.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, sjhirst said:

I use these:

https://www.safetyspecs.co.uk/view-safety-frames/items-for-sale/rxblack-en166f-mirror-tinted-with-prescription-insert

Slightly dearer than some other options but they've been spot on for me.

As they're only rated the EN166F they're not actually rated high enough. The  F rating is tested with a 0.86g steel ball at 45m/s which equates to 0.86J. Given that site limits are around 1.13 J (0.2g at 350FPS for an AEG, higher for DMR and BASR) you should be looking at an impact rating of EN 166B or an ANSI equivalent.

I have a pair of valken tango goggles that came with rx inserts, if your on a budget the googles are decent though they do need some anti fog spray on them, the rx inserts cost me £30 to get my prescription made up. 

I use Revision Sawflys with prescription inserts. They're fantastic, and don't fog much when combined with catcrap anti-fog.

Also, if you change your mind on mesh, Heroshark does prescription inserts for his Mako frames. I've got a pair and they're fantastic, again I pair them with catcrap anti-fog and I never have any issues fogging because air flow is a lot freer with mesh.

Which I choose to use is usually dependent on how I feel. Anyway, having a backup pair of eyepro never hurts!

Warq Helmet. end of issue

No fog of glases, or visor, light and comfy, only one strap to worry about

I wear glasses. Tried Dye and Bolle X800, they all still fogged. Warq just doesn't fog, ever

21 minutes ago, MadMole said:

Warq Helmet. end of issue

No fog of glases, or visor, light and comfy, only one strap to worry about

I wear glasses. Tried Dye and Bolle X800, they all still fogged. Warq just doesn't fog, ever

What’s the sizing on a Warq helmet? I’ve been tempted for those reasons, but I have a mahoosive head. 

On 20/03/2021 at 19:41, Dalno said:

I have tried multiple brands of goggles and the only one i've liked and fits over my glasses are the Bolle Pilot safety goggles, BUT I do suffer with fogging when it's warm. I would love a pair of prescription safety specs but don't know where to look...

You can get prescription safety glasses from most opticians, If you work in a engineering, workshop environment you could possibly get them as PPE 

Personally I’m fond of the Bolle Tracker II with a prescription insert. They cost about £60 with the prescription lense. However once you have the prescription insert they can be taken out and moved to a new set of goggles easily and the safety part only costs about £15 ish. So easy to swap them out if the lenses get scratched or if you want to swap to a tinted pair on a sunny day.

Most of the time I use contact lenses, but I still like the Bolle Tracker II even without the prescription insert as they resist fogging really well.

I've been using these...

https://www.specs4sports.co.uk/evader-2-over-glasses-goggles--camo-frame-2117-p.asp

... and they fit with room to spare over my rectangular framed glasses and are vented so no fog (however the foam against your face isn't that robust and gets compressed quite easily).

On 26/03/2021 at 17:26, Speedbird_666 said:

What’s the sizing on a Warq helmet? I’ve been tempted for those reasons, but I have a mahoosive head. 

They have a lot of adjust ability as you can re-arrange the padding and they have a wheel at the back to tighten the main strap. I have a bog standard 58 size head and there is a ton of room around my head inside. the padding and straps work well and it doesn't flop around. In fact you forget its on most off the time

Only drawback is you will need to add a 1" riser to your sight as the check weld is moved

Edited by MadMole

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.