Two Tone

da182

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have seen there is a lot of different laws regarding RIFS and IFS i recently bought a RIF and want to turn it into a two tone just to be on the safe side just while it’s at home but take it off while it’s on site so if I was to apply colourful tape to it would this class as a two tone or does it have to be painted

There aren't loads of different laws at all.

If you don't have a valid defense then a retailer should be selling you a two tone.

The scheme is there for point of sale and the onus is on the retailer to check.

You won't be arrested for having a RIF as there is nothing that says you can't own one.

6 hours ago, da182 said:

I have seen there is a lot of different laws regarding RIFS and IFS i recently bought a RIF and want to turn it into a two tone just to be on the safe side just while it’s at home but take it off while it’s on site so if I was to apply colourful tape to it would this class as a two tone or does it have to be painted

Bottom line is that you don’t need to make it two tone now that you possess it.

If you sell it then you may need to two tone it depending on who you sell it to

The laws that apply are the Violent Crime Reduction Act (VCRA) and the Firearms Act

(Potentially if you act like a dick the other laws may apply depending on what you do with it)

The Firearms Act includes ‘low powered air weapons’, but there are now explicit exemptions for airsoft guns (as long as they comply to the power limitations etc)

The VCRA covers RIF and IF
There is no problem with possession 

(Unless being a dick whilst in possession)

Note that there isn’t actually ‘two tone’ in law - it’s that to be an IF it must be small, clear or >50% a specified bright colour 

(The partial colour then generating the ‘two tone’ name)

To be sold a RIF you are meant to be able to justify a valid use (VCRA defence) to the retailer or private seller 

If a seller has sold you a RIF without reasonably establishing that your intent is to play airsoft on a proper site then they may have committed an offence.  If you don’t be a dick, and you do ultimately play on a site then strictly speaking no offence has been committed - and any offence has not been committed by you 

Unless you are under age - if you are under 18 you cannot be sold an IF or RIF, but if it is given to you then that is legal

• Supporters

As the lads have said you don’t need to do anything now you’ve got it , who ever sold it to you is the one who’s f*cked up not you . 👍

• Supporters

& to be perfectly honest, unless you behave like a total twat, such as brandishing it in public or shooting it at your neighbors pets etc, therefore bringing yourself to the attention of the authorities, no one will ever be any the wiser.

But the fact your on here asking the right questions tells me you only have the best intentions with it 😁👍

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.