L85a2's

slayerkitty

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So we all know ics tend to be the one to get, it's this still the case?  With g&g's etu the example 

And why do I not see much ares/star? Is it preference? Lack of parts ease of use / workability. 

Like to hear your thoughts, 

I have got an ares l85a2, and I need parts, that's not a problem I can get them from ares shipped to the UK pretty cheep tbh,  just alot of screw to get into the gearbox lol

PXL_20210314_170759671.jpg

If I were to get an L85 it would be the Army Armament one. It's a direct clone of the old G&G.

It's got the most basic gearbox of the 4 and it's the cheapest. It also comes with the older style 19 tooth sector and piston.

For £180 ish you get the basic gun, £20 more get you a RIS variant...

Send it to a decent tech, and have it shimmed sorted and a warfet installed and it'll be spot on.

https://bbguns4less.co.uk/products/army-armament-r85a2-l85-sa80-aeg-with-rails-in-black.html

Ares/Star suffer with a bad reputation. The gearboxes are know to be overly complicated and prone to problems. They also directly compete with ICS who have a better reputation with L85's.

I would avoid the ICS based purely on price.

The G&G is reasonable but when you have a direct clone without the bells and whistles the extra price is hard to justify. Especially if you can do the upgrades yourself.

The biggest gripes about the army variant are cheaper plastics, and the gearboxes are a bit rough and prone to piston stripping. It's also a basic gun without the extras.... All can be solved for less than the markup of the others.

Edited by Iceni

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.