Vfc, TM or Kwa GBB Mp7?

Harry T

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have the Tm and it’s my fave gun. Brings a smile to my face each time. I don’t care it’s not 1:1 and once your holding it it’s not an issue, doesn’t feel small to me.

I couldn’t recommend it enough

This isn’t the first thread on this, and I’ll try not to repeat everything I already said.

The Marui is clearly a better shooter out of the box and has correct trademarks, but it is more expensive, has less parts support and is too small (this bothers some people more than others).

The WE is cheaper and the correct size, there is an option to add trades at extra cost. It has decent aftermarket support. However it needs some work to shoot as well as the Marui. As a minimum the hop arm needs some filing and a new hop rubber is a good idea.

Personally I have the WE and have been very happy with it once I did a few modifications.

If you want 1:1 get the WE Small Rice.  Ultimately the TM is a better gun so check one out and have a play before you write it off.  You might just be OK with it.

14 hours ago, PopRocket123 said:

So people are recommending the we over the VFC?

VFC look beautiful externals, internals are generally garbage.

TM over all of them.  How anyone can seriously recommend the WE over it is baffling.

41 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

TM over all of them.  How anyone can seriously recommend the WE over it is baffling.

People don't like it's incorrect scale.  It does seem like much more of a toy when compared to a WE/VFC.

On 18/03/2021 at 15:48, rocketdogbert said:

Buy the  WE small rice version

Is this a serious comment? Not taking the piss, genuinely curious. Is the WE better than the VFC V2?

18 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

Is this a serious comment? Not taking the piss, genuinely curious. Is the WE better than the VFC V2?

Every VFC I’ve ever owned, fired, or repaired has looked beautiful but been a piece of shit inside. The only reason they’re huge in the US is because of the trademark deals they do.

I have no experience of their MP7, but nothing else of theirs is a patch on TM, and only as good as WE on a good day when all the tolerances line up. Even then, material quality control is poor, so they wear faster than both WE and TM.

OP stated he wanted 1:1, which means the excellent TM is out, so WE it is.

8 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Every VFC I’ve ever owned, fired, or repaired has looked beautiful but been a piece of shit inside. The only reason they’re huge in the US is because of the trademark deals they do.

I have no experience of their MP7, but nothing else of theirs is a patch on TM, and only as good as WE on a good day when all the tolerances line up. Even then, material quality control is poor, so they wear faster than both WE and TM.

OP stated he wanted 1:1, which means the excellent TM is out, so WE it is.

Can’t argue with the logic there. Only questioned it because I bought a WE mp7 years ago second hand and it was hopeless. Couldn’t get it to shoot right. Sold it and got a TM which was brilliant. 

new VFC stuff (gbbr) isn’t too bad these days. There not a TM, but they’re okay

I would say get a VFC mp7 as in my opinion it’s the best mp7 there is , mine is fully stock with no upgrades and I’ve never had 1 problem with it what so ever and it’s a year old , also my opinion I think there perfect , I heard there are full auto problems and stuff but other than that like I said mine works flawlessly with not 1 problem at all , it is a bit of a hit and miss you may get one that might have problems then you can also get one like mine with none :)

Edited by x-Megan-x

8 hours ago, hitmanNo2 said:

People don't like it's incorrect scale.  It does seem like much more of a toy when compared to a WE/VFC.

Its hardly THAT much smaller and at least you wont spend most of your time trying to get it to work

The Marui is clearly the better shooter, but the WE is pretty decent.

It needs a bit of TLC at first. but once I got mine sorted and put a couple of thousand rounds through it to wear it in it has been totally reliable ever since. With 5 mags it is totally skirmishable for shorter games without having to carry a speed loader although I do want a couple more.

11 hours ago, Cyberlawyer said:

The Marui is clearly the better shooter, but the WE is pretty decent.

It needs a bit of TLC at first. but once I got mine sorted and put a couple of thousand rounds through it to wear it in it has been totally reliable ever since. With 5 mags it is totally skirmishable for shorter games without having to carry a speed loader although I do want a couple more.

What TLC does it need?

The hop is rubbish. The hop nub catches on the edge of the hop window cut in the inner barrel. It’s not too bad to fix. You can either file the hop nub thinner or extend the hop window on the inner barrel (or any combination of the two) or replace the inner barrel with one with a larger hop window (crazy jets are a good fit and have a larger hop window).

At U.K. power the hop rubber is a bit hard. A maple leaf autobot 50degree fixes this nicely (note they need a longer hop window than the VSR standard so work best with a maple leaf barrel).

An npas is a good idea to deal with U.K. weather variations otherwise it will be pants in the winter (mine is still decent even in winter on red gas) and won’t pass chrono in summer.

The gun ships with the internals slathered in really heavy transport grease. This needs cleaning off and a lighter silicone oil applied other it really slows down the bolt cycling and ruins gas efficiency.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.