I Might Need to Go for a Run.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've  made sure I have kept my trigger finger in shape.

I use an Australian technique called the Foster ring pull. Takes some mastering but I have persevered and think I'm well ready......for darts! Lol

Regards 

I started running again a few months ago after a long break(at least 10 years) so I started with a 3 miler which turned into a 5 miler and didn't feel as though it was that difficult until two days later.  Two days of no phys but lots of stretches and I was back out doing another 5 miler.  Then Ive slowly began to add press ups, pull ups and sit ups and fell runs (love the burn) and I've gone back to a size 32 from a 34 already.  I am not that fit/strong but I do enjoy doing it as I know all too well the rewards for getting out and pushing yourself.  I stopped drinking alcohol 2 years ago and have cut out red meats, pork, excessive sugar and all processed foods and only cook fully nutritious meals. Im 36.

Start with a short walk and go from there(try to team up with partner/friends for encouragement)

Don't make any form of exercise an unpleasant activity.

Don't give up too much (like snacks, beers etc) straight away.

Never feel ashamed of your current fitness level or compare yourself to others.

And remember: Airsoft doesn't require you to pass any fitness tests to have a cracking day so ignore me and go large with extra cheese with that full fat coke/can of monster.

I broke my shoulder in August and so all thoughts of exercise went down the crapper. Which is a shame because I was getting into decent shape. Anything more than walking was just to painful. 8 months later and I’m only just getting to the point where I can think about running again and not just long walks. I’m looking forward to getting some nice seafront runs in now the weather is better.

• Supporters

To those of you that are, & can make that extra effort to get back in shape, whether its weight loss or training, well done 👍,it'll benefit you in more than just Airsoft.

But to those of you that like myself (found out today I'm now waiting on at least 3 surgeries), & face a bigger struggle, but are determined to still get out there in the meantime, consider your loadouts ?,

more importantly don't feel the pressure to necessarily go "fully loaded", myself I've sorted a molle grab bag, pouches on the exterior mean I can access 2 pistol mags, 3 hi caps for any of my platforms & a 1L Nalgene bottle with ease, plus any bits I need to carry in the bag, fully loaded it still weighs about the same as my favourite warrior chest rig when it's EMPTY ffs, that's a big weight saving plus I'm not wrapped in many layers of tactical nylon, which in itself is enough to start you sweating before the first whistle.............

Just saying, if fitness or health is an issue at the mo, don't kill yourselves just to look more 'leet, it's not worth it & will definitely spoil your first games back 🚑

yeah, not been doing much lately. With the dark nights and weather I have not been cycling to the office (on days I am in!) and runs are loooow on the list. Now my lower back issue has resolved its self (for now) I need to get back into some running in the evenings and some bodyweight / dumbbell exercise other times. 

Literally my Trevail 5kg plates every time I go into the shed:

disapointed.jpg

14 hours ago, Shamal said:

I've  made sure I have kept my trigger finger in shape.

I use an Australian technique called the Foster ring pull. Takes some mastering but I have persevered and think I'm well ready......for darts! Lol

Regards 

I’ve been making pinhole solar cameras, so have needed to empty assorted Strongbow dark fruit & Kopperberg mini cans.

I’ve pretty much exhausted the garden pole, and just need to leave it up for much longer 

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3570521763057674&type=3

Ive access to some land, which will give good landscapes.  But I need good reason to head out there and case out some spots - that would also reduce the temptation to take it down for the results every time I look up at it 

• Supporters

just back from an 8 mile walk, small beans to some i'm sure but not for my fat ass post lockdown.

weirdly me legs are fine it's just me feet, need to walk more regular methinks.

• Supporters
16 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

just back from an 8 mile walk, small beans to some i'm sure but not for my fat ass post lockdown.

weirdly me legs are fine it's just me feet, need to walk more regular methinks.

Sounds like you might need better shoes!

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco

Jump ropes are fucking excellent for cardio and I would really recommend them to anyone who has trouble actually getting outside to run/etc - like me.

Seriously, £10 off Amazon or wherever and you've got a quick, fun way to do cardio indoors - and can go as slow as you like.

17 hours ago, MiK said:

@GenuineGerman here’s today’s deal ...... Tis a beauty, but not for getting fit!!

635EC5C3-6536-4B59-A62B-13BA87C8C2EE.jpeg

Yeah had one today went down a treat! 🍔🍔😀

Regards 

• Supporters
39 minutes ago, Shamal said:

Yeah had one today went down a treat! 🍔🍔😀

Regards 

11 hours ago, GenuineGerman said:

Haha I may have indulged last night 

18 hours ago, MiK said:

@GenuineGerman here’s today’s deal ...... Tis a beauty, but not for getting fit!!

635EC5C3-6536-4B59-A62B-13BA87C8C2EE.jpeg

IMG_0028.JPG

I do the equivalent to a marathon every few days.   

I put a snickers in my lunchbox...

Joking aside, I'm waiting for my back to heal so its no more running and free weights.  Just physio, and gentle bag work to get some cardio.  

12 hours ago, GothicGhost said:

As the years go on my loadout gone much smaller, no more plate carriers and limited number of gas mags.

I still wear a helmet with lower mask as I tend to shot in the head/face lots 🤣

I know I've put on weight this lock-down ... But I seems to be preparing to punish myself by doing 2 consecutive days of Airsoft with an even heavier load out than pre-lock-down/tier 4 ...

Full Osprey, w/ pauldrons, collar ... A weighty GBBR, vest mounted Sig P226R, 6 AR mags, 4 pistol mags, and enough Pyro to attract a CSAR extraction 🤣🤣🤣

This has been absolutely the worst time for keeping in shape almost a perfect storm in fact! 

1, Shite weather which puts off runs and the like

2, No gyms open either

3, This push button ordering is really being ramped up for junk food makes it far too easy to get sucked into bad food

I was doing ok last year, played a game in September and was reasonably ok so started that ‘couch to 5k’ thing. I was also getting on the stationary bike to supplement this. 

That was all going well then unexpectedly a slot came up in November for a heart procedure I was waiting for and I couldn’t say no. 

The recovery kind of morphed into xmas before I knew it and it wasn’t till last month that I started running again. 

I’d highly recommend the couch to 5k thing if you’re thinking of a way to get into it (or back into it) I’m on week 6 now and it’s not so bad, think when I get back into a game somewhere I’ll know for sure! 

In that time I’ve also got some PLCE and haven’t done any exercise in that, could be time to wear it out on a run and try and ignore the funny looks....

Like most of ys that can I have also started the slow progress back to fitness, by buying my kid a scooter.....it has now become a school run and not a bus. 

The breathing us getting there, what I am finding is the pain in lower leg, feels like jolts in the muscles. Oh well I can do short bursts, that will do for now. 

Well done to those that can and are. For those that are trying, well done. For those suffering a bit and can't, I empathise for you and as mentioned you don't need to run around like a monster jacked hap fiend to have a great day.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.