Notifications on 'Questions' for Classifieds

alxndrhll

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have a vague recollection of this being mentioned at some point, though I could be getting confused with replies to status notifcations which weren't working previously.

Had a few questions asked on items I've had up on the classifieds and I didn't receive a notification to let me know. I check the 'My Adverts' tab daily just to see if there have been any new questions on there so not a massive issue by any stretch, but figured I'd mention it here in case it's functionality that could be added at some point in a future update.

Cheers,
Alex

Edited by alxndrhll

• Supporters
3 hours ago, alxndrhll said:

I could be getting confused with replies to status notifcations which weren't working previously.

has that been fixed? i'm still not getting notifications unless someone @'s me

i have occasionally had pm's randomly not notify.

2 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

has that been fixed? i'm still not getting notifications unless someone @'s me

i have occasionally had pm's randomly not notify.

Aye, I get notifications for everything bar questions on the classifieds at present.

• 2 months later...
  • Root Admin

This was reenabled a while ago after the last thread but do let me know if it fails sitewide again. Just to remind: There's a limit on how many emails the forum sends out each day - on particularly busy days we hit that cap and it stops.

It's using Google SMTP to deliver emails. Tried AWS for emails and eventually got flagged and served emails directly (never got further than spam folders if at all). If the site has to send more than a few thousand emails a day it will stop before resuming the next.

The biggest issue here is lots of people who've not visited in a while and still get their notifications and 'digests'. I am going to try to find a way to prune members like this who haven't even been to the site for a year and just have these emails going straight to spam (or are just ignored).

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.