P226... Fully automatic?!

Cerbo Knight
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all.

I finally got my propane adaptor in the post, and gassed up my 226 mag.

The gun just fires in fully auto... what? :blink:

I pull the trigger and it doesn't stop shooting?!

And not even in the cool way, its the 'ohgodthisshouldn'tbehappening' way.

I'm thinking maybe something is worn inside it? I'm not an expert with 226's.... I almost miss my 1911 now :(

Well this is new one on me. Unfortunately i only have experience with the KJW P226, and i have never used propane either (except as green gas, mind).

All i can assume is something in the trigger assembly has gone ka-put. There shouldn't be a substantial power output increase (this was my initial thought, as maybe a latch wasn't catching where it should because of more power.)

I've had it vent gas, but no BB's. That was a slide issue. Does the slide move when it fires on auto?

:huh:

Does it run on normal green gas?

How many times have you used the gun/ dropped it?

If/when did you install the metal kit?

Dont really know, just trying to isolate it.

I didn't do any testing on green, so i can't really say if it did or not, haven't skirmished it or dropped it. I got the plastic body with it, tried it and still the same result/

• 2 weeks later...

Fixed.

I stripped the whole thing, and found out a part inside the trigger mech wasn't doing anything at all, so I reinstalled the lot and it worked perfectly! Now I just need to fix my spare mag... It decides not to load the last bb, and sometimes not to even fire.

Archived