High Pressure Airsoft

lukeB

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

For an online company, I've never dealt with anyone as bad as these guys when it comes to communication, even including non airsoft.

When it goes smoothly it's fine, but any slight issue and you're just ghosted until you rant in a manufacturers fb group or put in a PayPal claim.

It's basically impossible to contact them.

If you search around the hpa facebook groups it seems to be a common complaint over the last 6-9 months in particular.

In my case they have taken payment for nearly £500 worth of items showing as in stock on the site, but 3 weeks later nothing.

No parcels, no emails, no replies to fb or paypal messages.  Tried calling a few times, no answer.

Yet if I sell a £5 viper pouch on the classifieds people expect next day dispatch and tracking codes.

Edited by lukeB

• Supporters

owch, sounds like he's bitten off more than he can chew.

i've never had a problem with them including phone calls/emails going just fine but then i've not ordered anything in the past year.

I’ve never been unfortunate enough to order something that was showing as in stock and it not be. And whenever ordering something that was actually in stock it’s always turned up fairly sharpish with no complications.

I did however try contacting them on numerous occasions with general enquiries ahead of potential purchases and have literally never had a reply to any of them, on any platform. Also never managed to get through on the phone, though that seems to be the way to get hold of them if you desperately need to. I wasn’t particularly persistent in regard to phone calls and ultimately ended up going elsewhere.

Fortunately there are other UK stockists of Wolverine (and most other HPA equipment), I found Gordon at Battlezone to be absolutely superb. Seems like the only things HPA have a true monopoly on now in the UK are Polarstar products (which is unfortunate) and Amped products (assuming you’re not looking to import yourself). But yeah, despite having no issues with any of my own orders I find them a very hard company to recommend just based on the non-existant customer relations/services.

Feels like a company that’s surging in growth, but has that real ‘inner circle’ feel to it. Folks that know Chris, be that personally or have just been ordering from them from the start, seems to have nothing but kind words to say. Outside of that, it’s just a lot of folks struggling to get any sort of information out of them.

Edited by alxndrhll

Poor communication and customer service are some of my biggest gripes. 
like people say if things go smoothly then it’s all great but it’s once there is an issue a store really shows their potential.

1 minute ago, Albiscuit said:

Poor communication and customer service are some of my biggest gripes. 
like people say if things go smoothly then it’s all great but it’s once there is an issue a store really shows their potential.

Pretty much. Buying something that’s in stock, for the stated price and receiving it within a reasonable window of time (generally dictated by the postage paid for) should be the normal baseline a company operates by... granted that’s not always the case. But I’d be reluctant to say ‘xxx company is amazing because I always receive the things I buy’, that should be common place for anywhere.

The ‘real good retailer’ stripes are earned by those that go above and beyond when shit goes south. Suffice to say I’ve only seen evidence of that in a negative light in regard to HPA.

I had a similar thing a long time ago. I questioned something and 5 days later had no response. Then again around Cyber Monday I saw they were doing the traditional P* shagout so swallowed deep and ordered and it arrived really quickly with no delay.

Absolutely agree. When things are good they're good but getting hold of them isn't easy. On balance I judge companies 49% for the good times but 51% on how they handle "non straight forward stuff". Sounds like they're as bad as ever at responding.

• Supporters

Isn't that life all over, do your job well day in day out, not one iota of praise etc.........

But fuck up just ONE time & every fecker knows about it & seems intent to broadcast it from the rooftops 🤬

Or so it seems lol 

But when it comes to a retailer, any retailer, a prompt response to a query, especially when they've already been paid, should be the norm.

• Supporters
13 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Isn't that life all over, do your job well day in day out, not one iota of praise etc.........

But fuck up just ONE time & every fecker knows about it & seems intent to broadcast it from the rooftops 🤬

Or so it seems lol 

But when it comes to a retailer, any retailer, a prompt response to a query, especially when they've already been paid, should be the norm.

it's true though, when you look at the reviews of a product you don't care how many 5* "good buy" reviews there are, you go straight to the 1* reviews because that's where people will be putting the information you care about.

It a bit like the comment from the leader of the california chapter of the hells angels...."when we do something good, nobody remembers,when we do something bad,nobody forgets"

6 hours ago, lukeB said:

For an online company, I've never dealt with anyone as bad as these guys, even including non airsoft.

When it goes smoothly it's fine, but any slight issue and you're just ghosted until you rant in a manufacturers fb group or put in a PayPal claim.

It's basically impossible to contact them.

If you search around the hpa facebook groups it seems to be a common complaint over the last 6-9 months in particular.

The few replies that I've seen from Chris on fb is that he's sorry, but he's too busy running his new physical store to dispatch or reply to customers about online orders that they have been waiting weeks/months for.

If that is the case then he shouldn't be running an online site, I'm not sure how a business can get away with using this as an excuse.

In my case he's taken payment for nearly £500 worth of items showing as in stock on the site, but 3 weeks later nothing.

No parcels, no emails, no replies to fb or paypal messages.  Tried calling a few times, no answer.

Yet if I sell a £5 viper pouch on the classifieds people expect next day dispatch and tracking codes.

Hi Luke, its Tyler from High Pressure Airsoft, I can only profusely apologise for the miscommunications that you have experienced I have been in contact with Chris and he is going to give you a call first thing tomorrow morning and square you away, once again my apologies. The criticism in this thread WILL be taken on board and we will strive to be better. 

Edited by HPATyler

I recently dived into HPA and bought from them...found them to be ok, responded to my messages and items came within a couple of days, even the follow on items I wanted as well...though I do have to say, I messaged them on FB about something and not a single reply for a week until I phoned them. (Did respond previously on FB chat, but seems hit & miss)

I'm sorry your having a bad time with them...some sort of a disconnect their end I guess, as some peeps have no issues, yet some have lots of issues...weird.

Still a positive experience for me with them.  Maybe i'm just lucky this time around... Will still recommend them to my mates for HPA needs though.  :)

Edited by Monkman

• Supporters

Despite BREXIT

If i need anything Polarstar related (My HPA stuff is all Polarstar) i tend to defer to POWAIR6, you get a fast response from them in very good English (despite French being their first language).

If i am really desparate the Amped Airsoft

• lukeB changed the title to High Pressure Airsoft

I put an order in with High pressure airsoft back in November for a hydra gen 2 system for an RS SVD, line, tank and regulator which came to over £500. Online it said that it would be on a 2 - 3 week back order which was fine it was November (2nd lockdown) would have been great to get it to fiddle with during that but never mind. Was busy with work in December so kind of forgot about it all, come January i messaged via Facebook as their website suggests i did get a quick response saying they are still waiting for Wolverine to send them the product and apologised for the extended delay and that it should only be a couple weeks more. Now in March and still no product will message again and find out what is happening.

Waiting for these parts isn't an issue for me i understand if the company they order from hasn't sent out the items for what ever reason then its not their fault but the lack of communication is what is annoying me, nearly 2 months after paying with no email (except to confirm they have my payment, oh and to ask for a review ) for me to have to chase them is mad and yet still no communication, which again i will have to chase.

Others have mentioned Powair6.

I ordered an SR25 Kythera on Tuesday morning from them, looks like it will be delivered Thursday.  You can't argue with that.

1 hour ago, lukeB said:

Others have mentioned Powair6.

I ordered an SR25 Kythera on Tuesday morning from them, looks like it will be delivered Thursday.  You can't argue with that.

Be interested in a review of that when it comes in. I've been vaguely contemplating doing something similar.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.