Anyone Else Booked Their First Airsoft Game Back?

Spartan09

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Proving Grounds got goahead for Sunday !! 😁

Tactical Warfare have said they have also got all the paperwork to make hem happy to open.

Mine was supposed to be for Saturday 3rd but now its been put back till 17th☹

Edited by Shamal
Wrong info

1 hour ago, Shamal said:

Mine was supposed to be for today but now its been put back till 17th☹

my first game was supposed to be tomorrow at RIFT,  but while they tried hard,  they couldnt get a straight answer from anyone that would let them open =(   fingers crossed that they can get the clarification they need so they can open for their games next weekend.

apocalypse has stated they have the support needed to open on sunday, so it will now become my first game.

19 hours ago, Lokai said:

Proving Grounds got goahead for Sunday !! 😁

You going too?
I'm not sure how many there are going to be. The email I got was sent to 62 other people....
So that'll be a lot different day to usual. 

Maybe peeps will actually PTFO lol

3 hours ago, sonofsammo said:

You going too?
I'm not sure how many there are going to be. The email I got was sent to 62 other people....
So that'll be a lot different day to usual. 

Maybe peeps will actually PTFO lol

Yeah managed to get a ticket, wow 62 that would be a very quiet day for Proving Grounds and lol I wouldn't count on it 😅 tbh just looking forward to getting out and trying some new toys!

Edit, now that killhouse has bitten the dust have you any other cqb suggestions?

Edited by Lokai

13 hours ago, Lokai said:

Yeah managed to get a ticket, wow 62 that would be a very quiet day for Proving Grounds and lol I wouldn't count on it 😅 tbh just looking forward to getting out and trying some new toys!

Edit, now that killhouse has bitten the dust have you any other cqb suggestions?

No new toys for me, just fettled old ones. What have you been spending pennies on?

The only other pure CQB places I've been are:
Halo Mill. which I thoroughly went off due to the seeming over representation of speedsofters.
The Foundry. Only been once. It was good, but expensive compared to Killhouse.

Aside from those, I've not done any other CQB venues.
Unless you count HQ at Driffield and Camp Sparta at Kirton in Lindsey. You've probably been, but if you haven't, they're both ex RAF bases.
Both have seemingly hundreds of rooms across numerous buildings to go at, alongside open areas too. Sparta looks like the RAF just moved out. HQ is a bit more rough and ready - more post apocalypse kind of thing. Both thoroughly enjoyable. But also both can be uber wank. I've found these sites more than others can be wrecked by the player, or bad game choice. Still worth a punt though, cos when they're good, they're awesome.

I have booked Spartan woodland on the 18th as not fast enough to get anything else! Can't wait for StrikeForceCQB and UCAP VENDETTA to re-open later in the spring for some close up fun.

3 hours ago, sonofsammo said:

No new toys for me, just fettled old ones. What have you been spending pennies on?

The only other pure CQB places I've been are:
Halo Mill. which I thoroughly went off due to the seeming over representation of speedsofters.
The Foundry. Only been once. It was good, but expensive compared to Killhouse.

Aside from those, I've not done any other CQB venues.
Unless you count HQ at Driffield and Camp Sparta at Kirton in Lindsey. You've probably been, but if you haven't, they're both ex RAF bases.
Both have seemingly hundreds of rooms across numerous buildings to go at, alongside open areas too. Sparta looks like the RAF just moved out. HQ is a bit more rough and ready - more post apocalypse kind of thing. Both thoroughly enjoyable. But also both can be uber wank. I've found these sites more than others can be wrecked by the player, or bad game choice. Still worth a punt though, cos when they're good, they're awesome.

Picked up a classic army x9 (with a few choice upgrades) and a drum mag, wanted something really lightweight, also got a g&g/dca SA80A3 that hasn't been fired in anger yet, plus a few new pistols.

Might have to give the Foundry a whirl, it's quite local to me, I want somewhere I can go to for a few hours midweek. Halo Mill is a bit of a trek midweek, also speedsoft 🤮

Haven't tried either of those  but both are on my radar deff. Usually I stick to proving Grounds or fear masters on a weekend, I do like humber too (leggotts quarry) but those hills kill me.

Well I had my first game back today at apocalypse. Was a mixed day but it was fun to see another guy with nnyhe otherside shooting tag rounds back and me.

23 minutes ago, SheriffHD said:

Well I had my first game back today at apocalypse. Was a mixed day but it was fun to see another guy with nnyhe otherside shooting tag rounds back and me.

Nnyhe? Not heard of that make. Lol

Regards 

Just now, Shamal said:

Nnyhe? Not heard of that make.

That's meant to say "the" but small phone + fat fingers & being absolutely shattered from the day means my spelling goes out the window.

57 minutes ago, SheriffHD said:

If they were wearing a helmet and set of goggles, it was probably me on the blue team....   and i did go a bit mad with the tags in the last game as the air pressure in my HPA bottle was running low and gun would only fire in semi-auto

47 minutes ago, SheriffHD said:

That's meant to say "the" but small phone + fat fingers & being absolutely shattered from the day means my spelling goes out the window.

Haha. I can imagine. I'm gonna be likew walking dead after my first game back! 😉

Regards 

2 hours ago, Shamal said:

Haha. I can imagine. I'm gonna be likew walking dead after my first game back! 😉

Regards 

there were a LOT of "walking dead" at apocalypse today....  myself included.

definately going to need to start getting on my bike to try and get some level of fitness back.  and from other players comments in the safezone,  im not the only one XD

14 hours ago, Spartan09 said:

If they were wearing a helmet and set of goggles, it was probably me on the blue team....   and i did go a bit mad with the tags in the last game as the air pressure in my HPA bottle was running low and gun would only fire in semi-auto

Yeah I just remember in the last game seeing a tag land at my feet thinking "that bastard" 

There was a lot of moaning that's for sure. Guy in red team having ago at marshals during the second game.

Lots of people calling cheat when their bb's were falling short. Had one guy yell at me if his gun was reaching me just yelled back "no, let's see if this will reach you" and shot a tag towards him.

Edited by SheriffHD

1 hour ago, SheriffHD said:

Yeah I just remember in the last game seeing a tag land at my feet thinking "that bastard" 

Lol.  Were you one of the red team i saw scatter on the right of the village (your left)

I have to admit, i did chuckle when i saw 2 or 3 reds scattering

There was a lot of moaning that's for sure. 

About the TAGs?

Guy in red team having ago at marshals during the second game.

Oh yeah, i was in one of the trenches by the base when he flipped out about getting shot when dead...  but as one of the blues shouted back, if he didnt have his hand raised, how are we to know...   especially in the chaos around that area

Probably the worst flip out i have seen,  but aside from that it was a great first game back....  even if it did highlight how out of shape i am

Lots of people calling cheat when their bb's were falling short. Had one guy yell at me if his gun was reaching me just yelled back "no, let's see if this will reach you" and shot a tag towards him.

Ah, the age old airsoft pitfall...  overestimating your guns range  XD

TBH, unless i can clearly see a bb hit and bounce off someone (which is rare) i dont call cheat as i know 90% of the time im probably dropping short.

And lol...  i bet he was thinking "that bastard" when you shot your TAG at him

• 3 weeks later...

I have played the past three sundays in a row. Having a week off this week and mave another game booked for the 9th :) I have never played so much in a short space of time.

On 28/04/2021 at 19:32, Albiscuit said:

I have played the past three sundays in a row. Having a week off this week and mave another game booked for the 9th :) I have never played so much in a short space of time.

There is an old saying.'make hay while the sun shines'

Go for it 👍

Regards 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.