Anyone Else Booked Their First Airsoft Game Back?

Spartan09

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

On 12/03/2021 at 00:49, Spartan09 said:

title asks it all..   just asking if anyone has booked their first game back?

i have booked a ticket to apocalypse airsoft on april 4th,   is there anyone else here going to the same game?

Yeah I’m going with a good few mats to apocalypse on the 4th too might bump in to you 

21 hours ago, Zigey said:

We went in the height of summer in the pre disease times when ground was dry however everyone got covered in these stubborn spikey seed balls that infest the place.

Still finding them in my gear... 

Ps, Most got heat stroke aswell as there is almost no shade. 

Still love the place however. 

sounds very much like RIFT the ridge...   (its hosted on the Devils Pit 4x4 course near luton)  almost always a mudbath, and i am also still finding those spikey ball things... 6 months later

i only played there once, and i was fucked by the end of the day due to heatstroke...  to the point i was using one of the poles for  the "land grab" game i had captured as a walking pole to keep me upright as i skirted the edge of the site trying to reach the "nil score" zone near our spawn. just trying to avoid combat at all costs.

8 hours ago, SheriffHD said:

Im debating what game to go to. I only do one a month so not sure if i want to do dog tag, Apocalypse or Imperium.

*cough* go to apocalypse *cough*

7 hours ago, itsyaboizero said:

Yeah I’m going with a good few mats to apocalypse on the 4th too might bump in to you 

awesome 😃
hopefully we will bump into each other.  i will be bringing my entire arsenal with me as i have no idea what the site is like, so cant really plan my loadout too much...   but i will probably be running my tippmann m4 with M320 launcher and carrying TAG rounds for the first part of the day.

just look for the nutter wearing this loadout...  with several yellow TAG hand grenades hanging from the vest =P

DSC05948_(Custom) - Copy.jpg

Well, if I do go to apocalypse then I'll be sure to bring my tags too and just cause chaos 

2 minutes ago, SheriffHD said:

Well, if I do go to apocalypse then I'll be sure to bring my tags too and just cause chaos 

wait..  if we are on the same side, and both using tags.....   does that make us a TAG team? =P

Edited by Spartan09

22 hours ago, Zigey said:

We went in the height of summer in the pre disease times when ground was dry however everyone got covered in these stubborn spikey seed balls that infest the place.

Still finding them in my gear... 

Ps, Most got heat stroke aswell as there is almost no shade. 

Still love the place however. 

It is by far the best site that I have ever played at.  Yes, I remember the hot summer days there with the bottles of water in the backs of the vehicles, and the teezles.

Managed to get a ticket for Proving Grounds on the 4th (not realising it was Easter Sunday.... 😞 ) and The Pines on the 11th.
Am very much looking forward to it, but gutted I can't range test my pews beforehand.

I think PG will be more of a test day than a playing day and the 11th will be a proper Pewsday.

I've booked in on the 5th at Phoenix and then I've chucked a days holiday in to goto Anzio Camp on the 17th.

It'll be my 2nd visit to Phoenix and my 1st at Anzio!

I've booked myself into Special Ops MK for the 3rd & 4th April along with a few others on my team ... 19 days & counting!!

Well I was waiting to find out how my shifts at work will change but they can screw themselves I'm pulling a sickie if they decide they want me to work.

Seems a few if you guys are hitting up apocalypse so I look forward to shooting in your general area. Just look for a fat guy manically laughing while shooting tag rounds.

I booked in this evening for all three of the April game days at Worthing. 4th, 11th and 25th all booked in and can't wait to get back out there!

Edited by Impulse

42 minutes ago, Impulse said:

I booked in this evening for all three of the April game days at Worthing. 4th, 11th and 25th all booked in and can't wait to get back out there!

Have your bookings been confirmed then. Saw on their FB that they are flogged under with booking requests.

Guess everyone is eager to get back on the field.

Just now, SheriffHD said:

Have your bookings been confirmed then. Saw on their FB that they are flogged under with booking requests.

Guess everyone is eager to get back on the field.

Yeah, I got confirmation, but I was also one of the people with a draft written up that I sent as soon as bookings went live. It's good to see that there's so much interest, as lockdowns aren't good for business, but I feel for the staff who have to trawl through the email inbox and sort all those bookings 😬

They've already answered a bunch of emails and the 4th (which is limited numbers) is already full up.

Let's just hope people don't jump the gun like these guys and mess it up for others. 

https://www.basingstokegazette.co.uk/news/19178437.police-called-covid-breach-seven-people-travelled-airsoft-game-beggarwood/

I don't know what's worse, breaching lockdown restrictions or playing with just 7 people. 😂

16 minutes ago, Brophy said:

Let's just hope people don't jump the gun like these guys and mess it up for others. 

https://www.basingstokegazette.co.uk/news/19178437.police-called-covid-breach-seven-people-travelled-airsoft-game-beggarwood/

I don't know what's worse, breaching lockdown restrictions or playing with just 7 people. 😂

Idiots!

They say that no news is good news and thats true but as soon as anything airsoft related hits the papers then it just becomes a big stick to poke us with. 

Some people can't see further than their noses.😡

I can't say I've looked into it as of yet but I'm starting to plug some gaps for certain kits in anticipation. Admittedly I'll still be hedging my bets and waiting to see how thins develop as the rules are relaxed and the inevitable press of bodies occurs amongst the wider public.

Im booked onto proving grounds 4th April but reading some fb groups this morning seems due to government guidelines shifting, it might not happen now 😭

47 minutes ago, Lokai said:

Im booked onto proving grounds 4th April but reading some fb groups this morning seems due to government guidelines shifting, it might not happen now 😭

Bloody better still be happening!!😡

the gov has change the rules

Who this guidance is for

This guidance applies to all indoor and outdoor sport facilities, including but not limited to:

• Indoor gyms and leisure centres
  • sport courts and pitches
  • swimming pools
  • fitness studios
  • golf courses and other single or multi-sport facilities (such as climbing walls, driving and shooting ranges, archery venues and riding centres, and skate parks)

It also includes guidance for providers of saunas, steam rooms and hot tubs such as spa pools or hydrotherapy pools, which may be located in a sport facility or another type of facility.

This guidance does not apply to:

• Facilities which can be used for sport but are primarily used for leisure (such as trampoline parks, bowling alleys and ice rinks) or which provide physical activity which is not a recognised sport (such as airsoft venues) unless these facilities are opening for the provision of elite sport. These types of facilities should follow guidance for the visitor economy.
  • Children’s playgrounds, which should follow the guidance for outdoor gyms and playgrounds, or guidance for soft play areas.

Yeah, west mids airsoft posted this 30 mins ago too. 

(for those who had booked) 

Screenshot_20210328_124411_com.facebook.katana.thumb.jpg.083fbfec07a72e4bd30ed9662733557c.jpg

2 hours ago, oddjob said:

the gov has change the rules

Who this guidance is for

This guidance applies to all indoor and outdoor sport facilities, including but not limited to:

• Indoor gyms and leisure centres
  • sport courts and pitches
  • swimming pools
  • fitness studios
  • golf courses and other single or multi-sport facilities (such as climbing walls, driving and shooting ranges, archery venues and riding centres, and skate parks)

It also includes guidance for providers of saunas, steam rooms and hot tubs such as spa pools or hydrotherapy pools, which may be located in a sport facility or another type of facility.

This guidance does not apply to:

• Facilities which can be used for sport but are primarily used for leisure (such as trampoline parks, bowling alleys and ice rinks) or which provide physical activity which is not a recognised sport (such as airsoft venues) unless these facilities are opening for the provision of elite sport. These types of facilities should follow guidance for the visitor economy.
  • Children’s playgrounds, which should follow the guidance for outdoor gyms and playgrounds, or guidance for soft play areas.

Not entirely - the original roadmap guidance stated the requirement to follow governing body guidance.

Without a governing body airsoft sites were on a sticky wicket

....unless dual airsoft/paintball and following UKPSF guidance —— if it could be safely claimed that the site could open under paintball and also run airsoft

The latest update appears to be a clarification on the position of airsoft 

Everyone keeps posting guidelines, but let's look at the actual law:

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2021/364/schedule/1/made

Participation in gatherings outdoors

2.—(1) No person may participate in a gathering in the Step 1 area which—

(a)consists of more than six people, and

(b)takes place outdoors.

(2) Sub-paragraph (1) does not apply if any of the exceptions set out in paragraph 4 or 6 apply.

Paragraph 4 doesn't apply, but let's look at paragraph 6...

Exceptions in relation to outdoor gatherings

6.—(1) These are the exceptions relating only to outdoor gatherings.
Exception 2: outdoor sports

(4) Exception 2 is that the person concerned is participating in an outdoor sports gathering.

(5) Sub-paragraph (4) does not permit spectators, including the parent of a child participating in the gathering, to attend the gathering.
Exception 3: outdoor activities

(6) Exception 3 is that—

(a)the gathering is for the purposes of a relevant outdoor activity, and

(b)the gathering organiser takes the required precautions in relation to the gathering.

The regulations define "outdoor sports gathering" below:

“outdoor sports gathering” means a gathering—
(a)

which is organised by a business, a charitable, benevolent or philanthropic institution or a public body for the purposes of allowing persons who are not elite sportspersons to take part in any sport or other fitness related activity,
(b)

which takes place outdoors, and
(c)

in respect of which the gathering organiser or manager takes the required precautions;

Edited by Neptune

We don't fit the legal requirement of a sport, we dont have a recognised governing body.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.