Hi All, New Old Boy Here

Squint

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

New to this site and having a bit of a nosey around. I’ve recently purchased (lockdown lunacy) two Airsoft  G17 Pistols. One spring and one Co2 non blow back. I do shoot other disciplines so I’m not new to hand guns or rifles. I’ve done a bit in the house but the weather has been to cold and wet for the garden. Although I have done a bit of plinking out of the window into the garden. My grouping is closer to a bomb burst than all in the black so a little more practice perhaps. 🙄👍

Welcome to the forum.

Rule of shooting is this. the more rounds heading downrange the higher the chance you'll hit something. its statistics after all :D

Hi and welcome!

Nothing like the adrenaline of shooting at opposing players to get your aim on point (plus you only need to roughly hit a chest sized target and in theory once). Are you intending to attend some skirmishes when the sites reopen?

Welcome Squint

Consider joining a game.  Its a lot more fun when your target can shoot back at you 😉

Practice may help a bit but remember that airsoft is nowhere close to the accuracy/range of real guns.

Hi @Squint! 👋

Welcome to the forum, full of advice and like minded players! 🔫🤪👍

Good luck getting started, hopefully soon! 🤞

💷GAMBLE💷

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

Hello👍🙂

15 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Hi and welcome!

Nothing like the adrenaline of shooting at opposing players to get your aim on point (plus you only need to roughly hit a chest sized target and in theory once). Are you intending to attend some skirmishes when the sites reopen?

I might have a look a skirmishing, although at 67 yrs old I can’t really see me leading a charge anywhere😂 I’m reasonably fit but there won’t be any running around going on. Is there a “Dads Army” squad out there? 🤣

30 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Don't worry, you wouldn't be the oldest.

I met a regular who was over 70.

You can play more tactically and let the others run ahead 😉

Nice to know, I’ll certainly have look when everything opens up again. Somebody else doing the running sounds good😄👍

2 hours ago, Squint said:

I might have a look a skirmishing, although at 67 yrs old I can’t really see me leading a charge anywhere😂 I’m reasonably fit but there won’t be any running around going on. Is there a “Dads Army” squad out there? 🤣

I'm 36 and even I sit back and let the young' un's go first....in fact you may be surprised at how many people play at a very slow and non-committal pace. Most aren't exactly SAS and/or elite athletes.

9 hours ago, Squint said:

Hi there @Squint.

You are beating me by a year. Go for a bit of skirmishing you will love it and as @EDcasesays you can play tactically. Let the brave hearts do the raging hero part lol.

The only running I do is my nose and urine down my leg.( can never push those last few drops out).😄

Hey I've just realised thats probably why nobody talks to me in the safe zone and why I can always have a table to myself🤔

Have fun mate👍

Regards 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.