Missing Links in Airsoft?

THE CHIEF

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

It will always be cheaper to produce another M4 than something more exotic and hence that's what you get.

yep.

why make brand new custom moulds when you can take last years worn out moulds, mill it out a bit, call it a "reinforced" receiver and sell the same internals as a brand new gun.

it's tricky because cheap m4's are what sell, and whilst it's understandable why it's so popular as a platform it does get a bit samey after the 1000th m4 on the field.

it's one of the things i respect companies like WE for, as much as they get hate for their hit/miss quality they at least have the cajones to make stuff nobody else does (and have a decent enough supply of parts where you aren't afraid to skirmish their rarer pieces).

With regards the GPMG, Lambda defence have stated that they plan to tackle an M240 after their MK 48. Not exactly a FN MAG but not too far off.  

The FAL is quite an annoying one. The VFC GBBR is supposed to be out in September or October. Would certainly be waiting till the new year in such a case. Don't fancy trying to skirmish in the winter with one. Also gives them a bit of time to iron out any errors in the first batch. 

King Arms were supposed to re-release their FAL line this year but that seems to be a non-starter. All the same, recently checked WGC shop and the had the KA ARM back in stock for the first time in ages. So might be pleasantly surprised to see a SLR or FAL pop up in the restocked section of a retailer. 

LCT have shown prototype photos of HK53 and MP5s, so the HK21 might be happening down the line.  Alternatively the company might pursue a PSG-1 as the VFC version seems to be selling well. 

Edited by DerDer
53 not 51.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm keen to see more original pistols, such as:

• CZ P10c
  • SIG P320 RXP (full-size)
  • HK P30/L
  • HK45
  • IMI Jericho 941

As for larger weapons, I think we've got enough AR-15 style variants on the market to satisfy even the most peckish of us, right? I long for bringing in stuff like:

• SIG CROSS Rifle
  • FAMAS
  • B&T APC9 SMG
  • XM8 (hell, yeah!)

11 hours ago, shadowfacex said:

I'm keen to see more original pistols, such as:

• CZ P10c
  • SIG P320 RXP (full-size)
  • HK P30/L
  • HK45
  • IMI Jericho 941

As for larger weapons, I think we've got enough AR-15 style variants on the market to satisfy even the most peckish of us, right? I long for bringing in stuff like:

• SIG CROSS Rifle
  • FAMAS
  • B&T APC9 SMG
  • XM8 (hell, yeah!)

The Jericho is a good call. There is a nice selection of CZs available at the moment but a 941 would be very cool. Good few variants too.

41 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

We have the ACP9 as well now 

I honestly never seen one being available, same for XM8. Must be super rare in the UK, just like my Magpul PDR-C.

As for FAMAS, I think TM discontinued them (F1) a while back and nobody even makes the FAMAS G2 at all. At least I couldn't find one for my best mate, who has the old TM FAMAS F1.

Same for SG550-series. If you find one, it must be quite old and not even supported anymore. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am.

Edited by shadowfacex
Typos

19 minutes ago, Venomous said:

One of these would be nice, I started Practical Pistol with one of these in 1988 (old fart alert).

There's never enough S&W handguns on the market, I'm afraid. :(

That reminds me, I know this is already on the market, but I'd love a proper sturdy replica of FN FiveSeven, because those by TM and CyberGun are just poor substitutes. The slide is so prone to damage in skirmish, it's a wall piece at best.

Edited by shadowfacex
Add a longing for a FN 5-7

3 hours ago, shadowfacex said:

I honestly never seen one being available, same for XM8. Must be super rare in the UK, just like my Magpul PDR-C.

As for FAMAS, I think TM discontinued them (F1) a while back and nobody even makes the FAMAS G2 at all. At least I couldn't find one for my best mate, who has the old TM FAMAS F1.

Same for SG550-series. If you find one, it must be quite old and not even supported anymore. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am.

Cybergun are responsible for the best available FAMAS release at the moment, if memory serves there are two versions of it and it's reportedly half decent but this is based on remarks I've heard in passing.

Ares product the B&T APC-9 which I think Negative Airsoft made a video of work being done to one recently.

SRC produce the XM8, I believe one of the forum members (name escapes me, @Asomodai perhaps?) owns one or two.

ICS and G&G both still produce various iterations of the SG55x and GHK also produce a GBBR version of the 553. I think there are a few other companies that produce Sig SG55x's too but I can't recall which off hand.

A lot of it falls down to availability and which retailers are stocking what. I have a G&G Sig 553 which is an incredible gun (at least externally) but getting hold of magazines is pain in the arse and usually quite expensive.

While a most of the pistols you have mentioned don't have airsoft version (at least from memory) the HK45 definitely has an airsoft version (I owned the Tokyo Marui HK45) and I think there is a version of the IWI Jericho from KWA but it's NBB if memory serves. Regarding the 5-7 comment, I know someone who has ran a Tokyo Marui FN 5-7 for quite a few years now without issue although I also followed a re-build on reddit last year which has left me very tempted to pick one up for myself.

21 minutes ago, cropzy said:

FG42

If you've got a big enough wallet it can be yours 😉

Never mind, it looks more like a bit of re-enactment kit as opposed to a functioning airsoft gun.

Edited by FreeFrag.UK

2 hours ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

A lot of it falls down to availability and which retailers are stocking what. I have a G&G Sig 553 which is an incredible gun (at least externally) but getting hold of magazines is pain in the arse and usually quite expensive.

True, a lot of it comes down to availability, which is a topic in and of itself. It actually shines light on our perception of what's available and what's not. G&G

I know that SIG55x-series isn't being retailed, and I reckon its because it also hasn't been manufactured anymore. I also own 553, so I can relate to the pains of hunting down mags, especially the low-cap ones (for some reason I like changing mags on my SG553 quite frequently).

Some halo guns, like the PDR-C, have come and gone in very limited quantities and PTS Syndicate definitely doesn't make them anymore. It's a solid bullpup, however.

I need to take a closer look at the HK45; I love the look of that pistol. My wishlist however has the CZ P10c at the top, which is nowhere to be found yet.

Oh, and don't tell me it's just a Czech Glock. You can get a boot for that where I come from. 😆

• 1 month later...
On 25/03/2021 at 09:56, PopRocket123 said:

There's that thing that looks like a G36 let itself go,

Is this the G33 (gsg Ares g33)? Thing is though, I quite like the look of thing, but as there is no local stock, not held the it yet. It is currently on the 'must hold before adding to the 'want list'' list.

As to sci-fi weapons we have the CSI STAR XR5 https://extremeairsoft.co.uk/shop/assault-rifles/electric-aeg-rifles/misc/csi-s-t-a-r-star-xr-5-fg-1502-advanced-airsoft-battle-rifle-7/

Sure it has its issues but I think this was a tester (at least being watched by others) as to the markets demand for non ak/ar15/36 platforms. Thing is though, a significant portion of sci-fi weapons are energy weapons, where do you put the mags? Go down the mp7 (and others) route of mag in the trigger handle or bullpup it (and loose some of an already small market)? 

As to gaps, well I already have a significant 'i want one of those' lists of airsoft guns that are already available so I haven't looked into real guns that I want an airsoft version of!

On 23/03/2021 at 16:07, PureSilver said:

VFC have just announced an MG4.

There is obviously the gorgeous, albeit very elderly, Inokatsu FN MAG and M240. You can still easily get the significantly less expensive "Echo1" M240.

I'd kill for a GBB Mini-14. If GHK's quality control and manufacturing departments could get their f***ing act together that'd be great too.

You say easily gete Echo1 M240, I can't find one anywhere. There's a finders reward if you can set me up with a sale for the Echo1 or A&K

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.