Tokyo Mauri 5.1 Not Working

Mental_kendo

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I’m completely new too airsoft and I bought a tm hi capa 5.1 from Mike cripps at elite shooting centre,The gun just isn’t seeming to blow back and I don’t know how to fix it.The metal slide isn’t very smooth either,Even after lubing it,Again I’m very lost and any help would be greatly appreciated!

Do you know how to fill the magazine with gas properly?

Hold Mag with bottom facing up and press gas can into the fill nozzle facing down.

Keep pressing together for about 5 seconds.

What gas have you got?

6 hours ago, Mental_kendo said:

I’m completely new too airsoft and I bought a tm hi capa 5.1 from Mike cripps at elite shooting centre,The gun just isn’t seeming to blow back and I don’t know how to fix it.The metal slide isn’t very smooth either,Even after lubing it,Again I’m very lost and any help would be greatly appreciated!

Obvious question but have you spoke to Mike?

he should be able to help, I didn’t get the best customer service when my gun bought brand new from him wasn’t working but hoping you have a better experience 

• Supporters
4 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

Also, pretty sure Mike advises about 1k racks of the slide before it runs smoothly

have heard this about the ol' hicapas.

wonder if marui is intentionally building them with tighter tolerances than are really needed just to they can loosen into normal functionality where a WE will loosen into rattle city?

Just now, Adolf Hamster said:

have heard this about the ol' hicapas.

wonder if marui is intentionally building them with tighter tolerances than are really needed just to they can loosen into normal functionality where a WE will loosen into rattle city?

I think it’s because TM have poly slides, they flex a lot more than an alloy slide, so tolerances have to be tighter

• Supporters
14 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

I think it’s because TM have poly slides, they flex a lot more than an alloy slide, so tolerances have to be tighter

a fair point.

only tm i ever had was about 4th hand by the time i got it, so plenty broke in.

10 hours ago, EDcase said:

Do you know how to fill the magazine with gas properly?

Hold Mag with bottom facing up and press gas can into the fill nozzle facing down.

Keep pressing together for about 5 seconds.

What gas have you got?

I know how to fill it properly,It’s high powered guarder gas.I have spoke to Mike on the phone and he was quite impatient because he didn’t understand what was up with it.That was just the slide problem though the blowback not working is new,It’s an ex demonstration gun so I can imagine it’s had a fair amount of use already.

I have a DOR from him which has never cycled back enough to draw the next bb.  I have sent it back twice (at my expense) and even though I have sent a video of it still not working he will only have a look if I sent it back at my expense again. 

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

I have a DOR from him which has never cycled back enough to draw the next bb.  I have sent it back twice (at my expense) and even though I have sent a video of it still not working he will only have a look if I sent it back at my expense again. 

this is curious to hear, as an outsider to the world of modded up hicapa's i thought mike was one of the go-to guys?

although perhaps that impression was misplaced

So did I, Only ever heard good things. Wasnt too impressed with my experience tbh.

Mike is fine if you just want to order and buy something. My exchanges with him are mostly very brief and usually he delivers what I want/need. The times I have had a problem he's eventually resolved it but not without a bit of assertiveness from my side.

Appreciate you currently have a new gun from Mike and to be honest it should go back to him to test and confirm working (although I'd be shocked if he'd sent it without this step first) then there is a brilliant alternative now in the shape of Hi Capa Hub

I've met Kyle face to face and he's a proper chill guy, was as excited about his own hi capa and projects as you would be piecing them together and where I consider Mike one of the "old school" type sellers, Kyle is the "up to date" version and has a real drive to go forward and do more as well. He's also a proper skirmisher as well which makes you a lot more comfortable. Sometimes I feel my "skirmish" requirements were a bit of a burden to Mike taking his time from "real" IPSC types.

7 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

Mike is fine if you just want to order and buy something. My exchanges with him are mostly very brief and usually he delivers what I want/need. The times I have had a problem he's eventually resolved it but not without a bit of assertiveness from my side.

Appreciate you currently have a new gun from Mike and to be honest it should go back to him to test and confirm working (although I'd be shocked if he'd sent it without this step first) then there is a brilliant alternative now in the shape of Hi Capa Hub

I've met Kyle face to face and he's a proper chill guy, was as excited about his own hi capa and projects as you would be piecing them together and where I consider Mike one of the "old school" type sellers, Kyle is the "up to date" version and has a real drive to go forward and do more as well. He's also a proper skirmisher as well which makes you a lot more comfortable. Sometimes I feel my "skirmish" requirements were a bit of a burden to Mike taking his time from "real" IPSC types.

Yeah sending it back would be a good idea but after my own experience and him not being very helpful I don’t want too honestly.

8 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

I will definitely check them out then,Do u reckon they would be able to help me out?

From my limited experience

Mike at Elite - Fixed my assorted box of parts Speedcat build free of charge when I was learning the ropes. Was happy to chat over the phone about normal hi-capa issues. He’s sent me spare O-rings when nozzles he didn’t sell me destroyed the and even took back some parts that weren’t appropriate and earned every star of the Google review I left him. 

Kyle at HCH - Has won me over as a customer as he’s a total legend. Shame he doesn’t have much stock at the moment but that will be a different story in the next few weeks. Very knowledgable and couldn’t be more helpful. He offers a service option on the website and I’d be amazed if he couldn’t help!

As you may have seen, my experiences with both retailers have been excellent, probably because I spend money like it’s going out of fashion when I’m bored. ;)

If you don’t want to get back in touch with Mike, you can’t go wrong with Kyle. 

12 hours ago, Mental_kendo said:

Hi, @Mental_kendo

It’s Kyle from Hi-Capa Hub, drop me a message and we can run though some things to try and figure out the issues you’re having. 

If need be I can take it off your hands and sort it for you no problems. 

Thanks, 

Kyle 

11 minutes ago, KJB said:

Hi, @Mental_kendo

It’s Kyle from Hi-Capa Hub, drop me a message and we can run though some things to try and figure out the issues you’re having. 

Thanks, 

Kyle 

Hello Kyle,Where would be the best for me too contact you?

24 minutes ago, KJB said:

Hi, @Mental_kendo

Thanks, 

Kyle 

image.jpeg.f93abfff4fc2f886769c236339534ad1.jpeg

I get your frustration, after being told my (not working) gun is not faulty as it left his shop working despite me sending a video of it shooting 20 times with 5 bbs in the mag and it still having 3 in the mag after 20 shots means I have lost confidence with ESC. 

Looks like Kyle may end up with my custom too now :) 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.