Marui Mac10 Help

THE CHIEF

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello chaps. I have a marui mac10 that was rescued from a shed. I had to replace some of the wiring as it had turned a lovely shade of blue... I managed to get the original parts and fit them so thats good. The only issue I have is that it is now full auto only. I can't see any reason for this as its electrically sound. The only thing I can think of is there is a little sliding bar that the gearbox sits in to work the fire selector in the gearbox. Maybe it's an assembly issue? I've had it apart a few times now so you would have thought I'd of got luck once... Is there a trick to this as you can't actually see it during assembly. 

Aren’t MAC10s always full auto...?

Yes. A slide under the body by the trigger for safe and fire, and a separate lever on the side for semi and auto. It's just in movies you only see full auto mag dumps :)

I have the JG version and I assume its a copy of the Marui.

The semi/auto selector moved the actuating arm a tiny bit to switch between the two modes.

Check the assembly carefully because it has to be just right for it to work.

10 minutes ago, EDcase said:

I have the JG version and I assume its a copy of the Marui.

The semi/auto selector moved the actuating arm a tiny bit to switch between the two modes.

Check the assembly carefully because it has to be just right for it to work.

Cheers. Is there a particular trick you have found to locating it during assembly? 

22 minutes ago, THE CHIEF said:

Cheers. Is there a particular trick you have found to locating it during assembly? 

No sorry. I was really careful not to move anything there.

I had a look but can't find anything on YT for assembly.

If you can't find anything let me know and I'll make a video on it.

Cheers, I did have a look through YouTube a while back, its all battery mods and shooting tests. I'll have a play with it again. It's been on the to-do list for a while lol. Nice little cannon though! 

Its a bit under powered for my liking but thats the same with all AEPs.

I've got a full metal Mac11 (WELL G12) which is awesome.  I wish they'd do a Mac10 version or UZI. 

The power is on the low, side yes but the TM hop floats them out there. For a night game it's pure murder in the dark with the can on. 

UZI wise I'm waiting for the North East full steel beastie due at some point. 

Well that's that mystery solved...

Tested the gearbox independently away from the gun and the little latch did bugger all. Upon opening the gearbox I found it had cracked around the screw and bent backwards. So it won't engage as it can no longer reach high enough. Should be a simple fix provided I can find the part. Good job it didn't split completely and mince the gears!

EDIT: Picked up a complete scorpion gearbox for £30 from airsoft world. Looks like I can nick the part out of that. At the least I'll have a spare set of gears and piston assembly :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.