Cyma Products

emilianoksa

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Was watching Negative Airsoft's review of airsoft gun manufacturers recently.

Cyma seems to be going from strength to strength, and he has positive things to say about some of the other Chinese brands: Double Bell, Double Eagle etc.

Are the Cyma M4s better made now than they used to be? How does their pot metal and finish compare to that of the more premium brands?

• Supporters

Like everything I guess...

TV's £300 no longer buys you a big ye olde box TV

it no longer buys you a chunky flat screen

but now a wafer thin 50" mofo HD with 4k option a little bit more

Sure they aren't Sony, LG's etc... but fuck me they are not that far behind 

£60 ~ £70 guns are ergh £60 ~ £70 guns still

but point being the guns now at whatever price tag have improved loads

and like TV's and shit you are getting a lot more better value for money

Cheap or cost effective TV's or Cyma's or whatever have made others up their game

Some of the slightly better Cyma's like Hi-Speed versions with 13:1's and say a 22tpa

with a basic mosfet for say £35 more than a basic model

represents good value for money as it would cost you that anyway

(so some thought went into these gun model options)

Can't comment on the more higher end metal M4's, but expect same applies

I rated D-Boys which are Double Bell 416's a few years ago

though at the time the hop was shit clear plastic and they have also made some improvements

and unless you are trademark fan boy, then the D-Boys/Double Bell 416 is a nice cost effective gun

(quite heavy as I own mostly cheapo light plastic guns - it is solid weighty 416 without trades)

Double Eagle 904G's they are flogging that at fuck all mark up to make in roads

and shift stuff in bulk to make money - £100 Honey Badger with basic bells & whistles

fuck me, how many of those are gonna show up on game days after lockdown

but most stuff & makes have upped their game from a few years ago

you are getting more bang for your buck

(or more higher res pixels for ya dosh)

Cyma have just continually upped their game and most importantly

sensibly upped their game making steady improvements bit by bit

to result in a lot of decent sturdy cost effective guns for various budgets

But be careful trying to contact Cyma's customer service department

as this is how the conversation might go...

Kidding btw - but still fucking funny

Can't comment on their M4's, but their AK's have been amazing.

Out of the box, they've been faultless - had to change the spring in one as it was a bit too warm.

Plug in battery, mag up and thats it.

Every Cyma I've owned has performed fantastically. I've had two of their M14s, one full size and one SOCOM, and they both performed stupidly well out of the box. Unfortunately I've never had one of their M4s, but I'm interested to see if they're good too. I really like Cyma.

EDIT: HOW could I forget my cheapo Cyma spring shotgun which is also amazing for its price. It cost me about £60 with 9 shells and a small molle thing to carry them and it does exactly what a shotgun needs to do. Great fun, metal construction and feels great.

• Supporters

interesting to hear how the externals are for the newer models

they've always seemed all right external wise, but by no means on a par with the premium brands in their respective categories.

probably more evident on ak's than m4's admittedly.

14 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

interesting to hear how the externals are for the newer models.

My CYMA Platinum...apart from a wobbly bolt release the receiver and stock is solid enough. The handguard is just held on by two grub screws though, could definitely be a better design. Also on this model the the integrated suppressor is a little skew-whiff. I paid about the same for this and my Specna, I would definitely chose the Specna everytime.

IMG_20210306_123855.jpg

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

Steel receivers on Cyma AKs?

That's a new one on me.

supposedly that's that the likes of the 045 come with according to tg:

https://www.taiwangun.com/assault-rifle-aeg/cm-045-cyma

although there's steel and there's steel ofc.

23 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

fair enough, although i must confess to being curious about their newer ak's now they're steel recievers.

Having just sold a CYMA AK (CM.045) to switch to an E&L - CYMA are good for the money, but are some way off being as good as the higher-end manufacturer's offerings.

The biggest issue with CYMA metal AKs (IMO) is the fact they are still using pot metal for front sights, receiver sight block/trunnion, and crucially - the rear receiver hinge points for the folding stock.

I don't have any criticism of the internals though.

But now I've gone E&L, I don't think I would go back to CYMA AKs.

6 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

Steel receivers on Cyma AKs?

That's a new one on me.

Yeh, the CM.04x and .07x series have steel receivers.

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Having just sold a CYMA AK (CM.045) to switch to an E&L - CYMA are good for the money, but are some way off being as good as the higher-end manufacturer's offerings.

The biggest issue with CYMA metal AKs (IMO) is the fact they are still using pot metal for front sights, receiver sight block/trunnion, and crucially - the rear receiver hinge points for the folding stock.

I don't have any criticism of the internals though.

But now I've gone E&L, I don't think I would go back to CYMA AKs.

funny that was the summation i've been working with for a while.

good shooters but the external strength and finish aren't up to a par with the likes of e&l.

although in fairness they're not exactly priced to compete.

Just now, Adolf Hamster said:

although in fairness they're not exactly priced to compete.

Prior to Brexit, when ordering from TG was less fraught with issues, £118 for a CYMA CM.045 was an absolute steal. You can't even get a Combat Machine from a UK vendor for that money.

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Prior to Brexit, when ordering from TG was less fraught with issues, £118 for a CYMA CM.045 was an absolute steal. You can't even get a Combat Machine from a UK vendor for that money.

and when e&l aksu's were super cheap on gunfire, really shoulda jumped on that bandwagon as i need another krink in my life, as good as the jg shoots i can't hang my 3-tonne pbs4 off the end....

Ive got a cm.002 which is a pot metal m4 and with a maple leaf nub and bucking it shoots incredibly with good and consistent range and accuracy, better than the G&Gs and ICS I've used.

The gear boxes are pretty decent with a great trigger response and the tightbore barrels are decent.

ROF is decent enough if not incredibly high.

have to say love my 2 cyma's the cm516 as plsaticy as it is shoots well ive put the slightly better motor from my 621 in it and a reshim and she performs pretty decent will be fitting a spare perun mosfet to it as why not its not costing anything bar time

the cm621 i havent had much of a chance to fire it in stock config but when i did again shot really nice was a little noisy but just needed reshimmed would of loved to have had this from new so i could see how it performs compared to when i got it 2nd hand,just waiitng on a next gen v2 perun mosfet to arrive to install with the 13-1 gears  high torque motor and upgraded compression kit from ak2m4

516 on left 621 on right before i painted it and now

140060018_1554172538112670_1077600189660517158_o.jpg

155284514_1582091615320762_5701228639687313600_o.jpg

6 minutes ago, miserydrift said:

have to say love my 2 cyma's the cm516 as plsaticy as it is shoots well ive put the slightly better motor from my 621 in it and a reshim and she performs pretty decent will be fitting a spare perun mosfet to it as why not its not costing anything bar time

the cm621 i havent had much of a chance to fire it in stock config but when i did again shot really nice was a little noisy but just needed reshimmed would of loved to have had this from new so i could see how it performs compared to when i got it 2nd hand,just waiitng on a next gen v2 perun mosfet to arrive to install with the 13-1 gears  high torque motor and upgraded compression kit from ak2m4

516 on left 621 on right before i painted it and now

Doesn't sound like there's much CYMA left in the 621 😜

haha nah tbh i only payed about £20 and knew was gonna break quick from the outset well that was in my head anyway,so set myself of upgrade/replacement parts to the price of what the gun is new and have pretty much stuck to that :)

there isnt anti reversal latch and spring trigger and spring,main spring and guide but depending on how much the compression being sorted effects fps will see wether i change out the main spring lol

Rather than me create a new topic; does anyone have any experience of CYMA vs JG when it comes to their MP5s? I bought a JG MP5K PDW last year (haven't had a chance to field it due to Covid), and now see that CYMA have introduced the PDW to their Blue Edition range. I'm toying with the idea of selling the JG and grabbing the CYMA.

Anyone tried both and can comment on externals and performance of the two MP5 ranges?

A friend has a Cyma CM.507.  All plastic and about £60 on TG.  Hard to see why you'd spend three times as much on a G&G CM.  

Think I've six CYMAs.  The metal isn't top quality, but even the loan/spare gun that I've lent to several kids who've promptly dropped it on concrete hasn't actually broken.  Touch wood they are all mechanically fine too.  

• Supporters
20 hours ago, lukeB said:

My first cyma, almost seems a shame to immediately rip out the internals.

156528764_2847493682205836_6397869330103328943_n.jpg

Curious if you’ve not fielded it yet why gut it straight off the bat ? I’ve a fair few cyma’s and bar changing the motor in a few of them and a new hop rubber in a couple I’ve not needed to ‘up-grade’ any of my more recent purchases .

Always intended to hpa it out the box as I wanted a semi locked 7.62 dmr to go with my mk12.

Looked at used sr25k's but the prices are always jacked up with 'upgrades' that I wouldn't need.

I'm impressed with it tho, has some nice touches.

Much better than the CA and even g&g aegs I bought 3-4 years ago for similar prices.

• Supporters
29 minutes ago, lukeB said:

Always intended to hpa it out the box as I wanted a semi locked 7.62 dmr to go with my mk12.

Aaahh right ! The 5Watt bulb doth flicker , makes sense ! 😂

• Supporters
23 hours ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

Think I've six CYMAs.  The metal isn't top quality, but even the loan/spare gun that I've lent to several kids who've promptly dropped it on concrete hasn't actually broken.  Touch wood they are all mechanically fine too.  

What this fine gentleman said , does make me chortle to myself when I hear some players start on about the poor quality of materials of a lot of RIF’s , we’re playing airsoft FFS ! We’re not getting dropped In to a ‘hot LZ’ with Charlie in the wire all around us ! 😳 most sites we play at the biggest danger is snagging your uber leet Crye’s on some brambles !🤣

obviously there are going to be the risk of going arse over apex and landing on your gatt at any site but in that situation is even your top end gun going to emerge unharmed ? probably not .

bar the AK’s made in the actual AK factory(can’t remember which ones) I don’t think ANY airsoft gun will survive for long if you treat it like a real gun If anything just simply due to the fact there all inherently weak as you can’t really accommodate all the working gubbins of an airsoft gun and STILL keep it’s profile looking like a real gun ? 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Druid799 said:

What this fine gentleman said , does make me chortle to myself when I hear some players start on about the poor quality of materials of a lot of RIF’s , we’re playing airsoft FFS ! We’re not getting dropped In to a ‘hot LZ’ with Charlie in the wire all around us ! 😳 most sites we play at the biggest danger is snagging your uber leet Crye’s on some brambles !🤣

whilst i can see your point, there is still some rough and tumble which can lead to issues over time and a weaker gun isn't going to hold up the same. i mean just look at every site's rental guns for testament to that and whilst players do take better care of things that cost them personally, there's still leaning it against a tree where someone knocks it over, or dropping it, or leaning it against cover when shooting etc. i'm pretty sure you can drop a real mg42 from waist height and not break it but not the agm airsoft version.....

granted the preference/feel/look/weight thing is generally the bigger factor.

obviously there are going to be the risk of going arse over apex and landing on your gatt at any site but in that situation is even your top end gun going to emerge unharmed ? probably not .

funny story many moons ago when a younger hamster was still renting he tripped, his mind filled with "shit shit don't break the gun" and somehow (to this day i don't know where the grace came from) excecuted a perfect forward roll ics m4 tucked in his belly and emerged spreadeagled on the ground both himself and rifle completely unscathed to the merry chuckling of all who observed.

bar the AK’s made in the actual AK factory(can’t remember which ones)

real sword, although e&l's ak's are pretty tough in some regards, although granted the barrel mounting isn't remotely as solid as a real ak as you can't press-fit and pin a part that you later need to remove.

never worked on a real sword so not sure how they get around that problem, unless you have to pull the hop unit off the back and slide the inner barrel out the front.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.