G3k Project Question

TomA1995

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Anyone know what front end part i would need to recreate another g3k project is it hk33 or would I have to cut it down or does anyone have one on here for reference or sale thanks 

• Supporters
On 06/03/2021 at 07:54, TomA1995 said:

Anyone know what front end part i would need to recreate another g3k project is it hk33 or would I have to cut it down or does anyone have one on here for reference or sale thanks 

Yes, you'll need the front from an HK33 (and the handguard). Pretty sure it won't be a fit and forget type deal.

I did this ages ago , I just cut down a regular g3 front end and then chop the handgaurd down neatly , worked a treat , 

I did this on a TM/CA. CA33k front end is a straight drop in (although I might have had to shorten the cocking spring). The G3 handguard is too long as it stands, but should be relatively easy to modify. I fitted wood furniture instead.

g3ka4-1.JPG

Much appreciated guys I just need to locate a hk33 front end with hand gaurd and a metal receiver body which is proving difficult to source could do with someone that has a box full of parts! 

I'm an idiot :D

Thought you were wanting to convert a G3 into a HK33!

You actually want to build the G3K!

Lol completely misread the titles!

Nearest i've seen out of the box is probably the CA 51 SAR.

http://classicarmyshop.com/proline/g3/ca-51-sar-offizier-m41-ca015m.html

CA do sell a short G3 coking tube assembly.

http://classicarmyshop.com/accessories/frontsets/mc-51-metal-cocking-tube-assembly-a015m.html

It probably takes an MP5 handguard without modification.

Edited by Iceni

• Supporters
On 13/03/2021 at 15:59, Iceni said:

I'm an idiot :D

Thought you were wanting to convert a G3 into a HK33!

You actually want to build the G3K!

Lol completely misread the titles!

Nearest i've seen out of the box is probably the CA 51 SAR.

http://classicarmyshop.com/proline/g3/ca-51-sar-offizier-m41-ca015m.html

CA do sell a short G3 coking tube assembly.

http://classicarmyshop.com/accessories/frontsets/mc-51-metal-cocking-tube-assembly-a015m.html

It probably takes an MP5 handguard without modification.

MC51 is not a G3K.

This is my G3KA4. Based on a CA but I’m not sure on the exact model as it was built by another forum user. 

So far all I’ve done is cut the inner barrel down and source a correct style flash hider from LCS Engineering. 

It doesn’t look like a whole lot has been done other than replacing the fixed stock with a sliding one so based on that I’d say pretty easy to build?

I’ve got a railed handguard on its way too, will see if I like the modern look or not. 

2C88D6BA-0D1F-4CCB-91BB-BECB1E9D0A55.jpeg

• Supporters
2 hours ago, TomA1995 said:

That is exactly what I'm after same look and same design! Just need to find one for sale 

Unfortunately, you won't.

You could start with any of the off the shelf G3A4 models available depending on your budget (JG, LCT, Begadi) but CA don't seem to actually make the G3 anymore. You'll still need to shorten the forend, outer barrel and handguard and change the lower to a Navy style SEF one if you want full on realism.

Begadi have the rebranded Classic Army stuff in stock https://www.begadi.com/airsoft-guns/above0-5j/s-aegs/sar-m41-m41-43/schwaben-arms-sar-m41-sportmatch-mf3-es-s-aeg-frei-ab-18-j-ca022m.html

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, GeorgePlaysAirsoft said:

Classic Army do a G3K though i've no idea how accurate it is to real deal or whatever. Decent enough discount too: http://classicarmyshop.com/special/ca-a4-short-barrel-cacc005.html

Had a closer look at this, the bit of the barrel at the front (forward of the sight post) is shorter, but the gas tube is still full length. The G3KA4 has the whole forend shortened such that the charging handle rests just behind the front sight post.

You can replicate this particular model by swapping the front outer barrel for an MC51 adaptor and fitting a shorter inner barrel.

You can see the difference here:

Guns - Heckler & Koch G3

The one at the bottom is the G3KA4 - you can see how much closer the charging handle is to the front.

Bunch of different versions here by the looks of things and now I questioning both my eyes and my sanity trying to compare them all.

Jacob's one doesn't look right, because the charging handle is right up on the front sight like an MC51.  I'd assume it's been made by cutting down the barrel at the front and shortening more than usual (because it looks too long to just be an MC51 front end.

The one that George has linked looks right to me - charging handle looks about right and the foregrip is shortened too, based on where the bipod notches end. Probably the easiest way to do it and based on their description (CA33 parts) the same way most people have done it.

I've attached an old pic I had that shows the difference between the CA33 front end and the standard G3 front end.

Also bear in mind that if you want to attempt to do this with an LCT it's going to cost a lot more and will probably involve welding...

DSC_0290.jpg

So, after a little bit of research I think this is what my rifle was based on; the CA SAR TAKTIK. It looks like some kind of DMR version of the G3 (MSG-90?). 

Whoever has shortened my one has done a pretty good job of it as it looks so professional. 

Can’t wait to actually get out and be able to use it!

270DDE84-BE67-4929-BE9E-58B262A5CF39.jpeg

• Supporters

@Jacob Wright I think I've worked it out!

It's a Strike Back custom!

http://airsoftbuilds.com/images/weapons/1936220140306004107.jpg

In Season 3 of Strike Back, Stonebridge used a custom shortened G3 with a South African style vented handguard. The charging handle sits right behind the front sight post which is how yours is. This was a custom made rifle done by the series armourer in South Africa (where it was filmed).

You can just about see what I mean here:

Strike Back - Season 3 - Internet Movie Firearms Database - Guns in Movies,  TV and Video Games

49880095f17828e6ece84b3d168b8352.jpg

If you bought it from a user here then chances are it's the one that was built by another user @Samurai

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.