We Vietnam Gun

THE CHIEF

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

For a long time now I've been after a decent Gbbr for vietnam themed loadouts. The only option really is the WE system for an M16 or carbine. As a working skirmish gun is it worth the money? I've held off as ever since marui brought out the 20 round mags. I've been hoping someone would make a classic receiver for the system. Or even one for the GHK system. So it looks like my only option is the WE for now. Yes there are AK's for a macv-sog loadout but I'm specifically talking about the colt line. 

Thanks. 

WE m4 based GBBRs work very well for skirmishing, so I wouldn’t worry about getting one at all. I had one for a while and only moved it on as I have 3 MWS,

Just a couple of thoughts:

1. You will probably need an npas to regulate power as gas guns power can vary hugely depending on the weather and what gas you use.

2. The hop rubber is a little hard for U.K. power. 

3. The semi-auto trigger sear is a bit prone to wear (but it takes several thousand rounds) it is relatively easy to fix, but might be worth getting a steel part eventually (google it there is a very good YouTube video on it.)

• Supporters

^pretty much agree with that.

the we's aren't as good as the ghk/tm line but they are still usable.

the trigger components do seem to be the weak area of their ar lineup, the metal is just not hard enough for the rigors of a gbbr, however there are aftermarket parts available.

My GBBR L119 A1 is based on the WE M4 and its a perfectly decent gun to skirmish. I've got 3 WE GBBRs and use them all. Worth fitting a maple leaf rubber (think I've got 50's in mine) and as mentioned you will need an NPAS. Get plenty of mags too ! Run all mine on red gas all year with no issues. Cant speak for the TM but quite a lot of Real steel parts work with the WE , mine has a buffer tube and charging handle on it and I've got a bolt stop on order to try too.

Cheers, looks like I will treat myself then :) Not worried about the 20 round mags as I often run a shotgun with 10 to a reload. Now it's just the choice of M16 or xm177... I'm leaning towards the M16 and fitting the real furniture. 

Now I think about it I've got a genuine Colt Canada cary handle on it and a genuine stock too. 

Good call onthe M16, will look awesome with some real furniture on it. 

I've got a WE M16a1 and very happy with it though I've only used it for plinking in the garden.

Unfortunately the mag requirements put me off using it in a game.

For practicality the XM177 would be better for its smaller size. (The JG XM177 being one of my fave AEGs for games)

IMG_20200831_134736121.thumb.jpg.24bbbec1974ee2a34bbdd1c6c10b6ef1.jpg

Edited by EDcase

18 minutes ago, Nick G said:

Now I think about it I've got a genuine Colt Canada cary handle on it and a genuine stock too. 

Good call onthe M16, will look awesome with some real furniture on it. 

That sounds cool as F. 

Not too worried about length as I use an AEG version quite regularly. Although they all have the rather unusual pitfall of being too nicely made! The handguards should be plastic fantastic. On the CA they are a rock solid nylon affair. Very well made! But strangely too nice. 

Just a note that you will need a decent number of mags to skirmish effectively. The general opinion is 6-7 mags is about right. I always run more, but I do love a bit of burst fire. A few run less and carry speed loaders, but the rattling puts me off going down that path.

13 minutes ago, Cyberlawyer said:

Just a note that you will need a decent number of mags to skirmish effectively. The general opinion is 6-7 mags is about right. I always run more, but I do love a bit of burst fire...

Thats the problem.

I use semi most of the time but when you're up against sprayers who don't take their hits it can take a whole mag to get one person.

I'd definitely consider a GBB only game but unfortunately I can't see that being a regular thing.

I use mine in regular skirmishes all the time. I actually really enjoy the challenge. Made me a much better player than I ever was with an AEG. I still do just as well in terms of kills.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.