Gr15 M4

Erby19

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys I have had this gun (link below) up on the market for a while now and was hoping you could help shed some light on why it hasn't sold and letting me know what the price should be.

Thanks

• Supporters

i think the main issue is the camo, regardless of how good or not a particular paint scheme is, you're ultimately limiting your market to people who not only want a gun in that configuration, but who also like the specific paint job. unlike parts paint is a bugger to remove so people are less willing to take on a painted gun with the intention of then stripping the paint.

there's also the issue of it having work done to it, whilst the parts themselves may have some value (eg the aster is going to add value), there's always the risk with a modified gun especially when the work hasn't been done by a big name tech. some people who are tech savvy themselves might not care as they have the confidence of fixing any issues themselves, but folks that aren't so tech savvy may be wary in case they end up with a lemon.

it's also worth noting that different people will prioritise different parts and value them accordingly.

for example my personal tastes mean that the hicaps, sling, battery, foregrip and suppressor are all parts that will either end up unfielded in my parts box, or are something i'll have to sell on, so the sale really boils down to £190 for a raider, 3 midcaps and an aster as well as adding the cost of a new barrel to revert back to the stock length.

granted that will vary wildly depending on the particular person viewing the ad, for example someone who doesn't mind hicaps would see some value in a couple of extra mags, but it's still something to consider.

Ok, I'll be blunt:

- G&G blowback - reputation for gearboxes cracking due the hole G&G added to the shell to vent the air into the BB Piston. Instant turn-off for anyone who know their guns/manufacturers

- I'm assuming that this is a plastic-bodied gun (I think the metal bodied guns have embossed logos on the receiver)

- It's been painted. Expect a 20-30% drop in resale value beyond normal second hand depreciation

- for £20 more you can buy a brand new, full metal base model Specna Edge 2.0 with an Aster fitted. And a warranty.

- Extra mags and batteries do not add much value to the overall package.

- It's a bit old school. Many players prefer MLOK rail systems - not the 'A' post front sight.

I would:

- Revert the gun to a conventional wiring/trigger switch assembly (if you still have the stock setup)

- Sell the Aster separately (£30-40?)

- Sell the PTS mags separately (£7-10 each?)

- Turn the rear sight around - it's backwards in your pictures.

- Drop the main gun price considerably (~£100)

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Speedbird_666 said:

- G&G blowback - reputation for gearboxes cracking due the hole G&G added to the shell to vent the air into the BB Piston. Instant turn-off for anyone who know their guns/manufacturers

didn't even notice that, the pneumatic blowback system is godwaful, although granted easy enough fixed with a cylinder change.

Thanks guys, appreciate it, I'll probably remove the aster to put in something else and maybe change out the cylinder. Then relist for ~100

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.