Gate Warfet Setup Help

Trooper1454

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I've recently bought a gate warfet and I'm trying to setup the pre-cocking and all that and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it to function as it should, I also can't seem to find a guide anywhere so if someone could give me a hand or point me in the right direction that would be fantastic.

The gun I'm trying to fit it to is an arcturus GR16 with standard internals and an m110 spring

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Trooper1454 said:

So I've recently bought a gate warfet and I'm trying to setup the pre-cocking and all that and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it to function as it should, I also can't seem to find a guide anywhere so if someone could give me a hand or point me in the right direction that would be fantastic.

The gun I'm trying to fit it to is an arcturus GR16 with standard internals and an m110 spring

so for precocking you're gonna want to do the following:

with the blue light on (the default starting setting) set active brake and smart trigger to on

skip through the rest of the settings till the red light is on

it's a bit misleading but there's actually 2 bars for precocking. the first is the one below the red line marked precocking boost- call it the fine setting, the second is the line above the red line (the same strip of lights used for active brake/smart trigger etc on the blue screen)- the coarse adjustment

when you adjust the precocking all the way up the lower bar, it'll reset back to no lights and add a light to the top bar so there's a much wider range of adjustment than first appears.

then you just need to set the precocking up to your desired level, i'd start with setting up by 1 coarse bar (an entire fine strip) from default, then test. keep doing that until it double fires, then back it off by 1 fine bar at a time until it stops double firing on semi (during this process it may occasionally lock)

note that you should fire it a bunch of times when checking as it might initially seem perfect but every tenth shot or so it'll double fire or lock up or something weird. if you have a ported cylinder it can help to view that as it'll give you a good idea where the piston is stopping each time.

Okay thanks for the info, the other bit that got me was with the pre-cocking setting itself, so the trigger setting requires one pull for the shot and one for the precock but my understanding is the auto should precock every shot but that's not how it's working currently, the auto does the same as the trigger so is that just getting the pre-cocking boost correct to sort that? 

yeah bud as i have to do the same with my perun mosfet

• Supporters
11 minutes ago, Trooper1454 said:

Okay thanks for the info, the other bit that got me was with the pre-cocking setting itself, so the trigger setting requires one pull for the shot and one for the precock but my understanding is the auto should precock every shot but that's not how it's working currently, the auto does the same as the trigger so is that just getting the pre-cocking boost correct to sort that? 

i think that's what the smart trigger setting does- it automatically precocks every shot rather than taking one triggerpull to cock and one to fire, i've always had that setting on and that's how mine run.

edit: i'm a fuckin idiot, have the programming card sat in front of me didn't think to look at it to remind me there's a setting for the precocking mode......

the warfet precocking is based on a timer. basically when the gun cycles, it'll wait for the trigger to be cut off, then run a few milliseconds longer (the adjustment via the programming card is telling it how long to wait).

in semi auto the trigger always cuts off at the same point as defined by the cutoff lever

however in auto the trigger cuts off whenever you let go, which is very likely to not be the same time as the cutoff would in semi, so whilst it over-runs on the timer rather than stopping immediately this is very unlikely to end up in the precocking position as it has no way of knowing what point of the cycle the gun is at.

this means the first shot in semi after a burst in auto is not gonna have precock guaranteed, it'll just be from wherever the sector gear happened to settle, however from the second shot onwards it will function normally.

unfortunately there's no way around this with the warfet, this is one of the things an optical mosfet like the titan can do which the warfet can't as the optical sensors can detect where the sector gear is even in auto and can run the precocking via the sensors, of course optical mosfets do come with their own sets of problems.

8 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

of course optical mosfets do come with their own sets of problems.

you dont have to tell me that twice lol

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, miserydrift said:

you dont have to tell me that twice lol

yep, it's why i've subbornly refused all these years to get a titan until very recently, only did it because i'm the kind of person who gets annoyed at not having precocking after firing auto and because frankly i've been spoiled by years of hpa trigger response.....

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Trooper1454 said:

Alright cheers for all the info it's been a big help, I'll get to fine tuning it and see how I go 

np, let us know how it goes, i can grab some shots of mine if needed to see where the settings are at rather than me stumbling through descriptions based on memory.

A nice reminder that I should actually program mine :D as of now I only use it for AB/battery protection :D

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Trooper1454 said:

Yeah some pictures would be great, I know every gearbox is gonna be abit different but it would be a nice starting point to have thanks 

really the main difference is gonna be the precocking time, at least assuming you're not doing any burst fire shenanigans.

i'll dig out the jg later on and grab some pics.

• Supporters

Here's some pics, this is for a heavily short stroked 18:1 build so you may need more/less precocking depending on your specific setup:

Page 1:

16148941191351640828262.thumb.jpg.08bf8979e183c6cdce75d059a828b5f5.jpg

Note the top box i have set to auto, its just the light is flashing and i cant seem to get the pic to have the light on

Page 2:

1614894211858657035731.thumb.jpg.cd47fef8a1d2071faf3229f84cbf377d.jpg

Got the flasher this time, note this is on 3 coarse bars and the first fine bar in this particular case.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.