Another One Bites the Dust

Cannonfodder

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Unfortunately it's just been announced that tech brigade in Hertfordshire won't reopen. Rather than write a long post I'll paste what was on Facebook 

END OF THE ROAD 😪

It is with an extremely heavy heart and with great sadness that I have to announce that Tech Brigade Airsoft will no longer be operating with immediate effect.

There will be no more games at Warren Wood organised by Tech Brigade.

This is mostly due to a massive shake up of the woodland and the game areas at the moment effectively reducing the playing areas by 60 percent.
Also given the recent situation and uncertainty going forward i feel it is time to get out of the organising side of Airsoft.

I would like to say a massive thank you to all players, suppliers , friends and family for your continued support throughout the last 27 years i will never forget the many experiences,  good, not so good,  funny and completely outrageous,  that i have had while running TB.

As far as "Team Tech Brigade" goes i will continue to skirmish and hopefully get to shoot with and at all of the wonderful players that have made this experience so fun. I look forward to lots more banter and stories while skirmishing elsewhere.

I will return any and all deposits previously paid as soon as possible and would ask you to send either your PayPal or bank details for me to do this.

Once again this decision has been extremely difficult to make and not taken lightly.

All the best

Just saw this and my heart sank! TB was the first site that I played at in 2002/2003. It's provided intro's to people that I call friends for life.

Rob is a fantastic bloke and has always looked after his regulars, and made new people welcome alike.

24 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

Unfortunately it's just been announced that tech brigade in Hertfordshire won't reopen. Rather than write a long post I'll paste what was on Facebook 

END OF THE ROAD 😪

It is with an extremely heavy heart and with great sadness that I have to announce that Tech Brigade Airsoft will no longer be operating with immediate effect.

There will be no more games at Warren Wood organised by Tech Brigade.

This is mostly due to a massive shake up of the woodland and the game areas at the moment effectively reducing the playing areas by 60 percent.
Also given the recent situation and uncertainty going forward i feel it is time to get out of the organising side of Airsoft.

I would like to say a massive thank you to all players, suppliers , friends and family for your continued support throughout the last 27 years i will never forget the many experiences,  good, not so good,  funny and completely outrageous,  that i have had while running TB.

As far as "Team Tech Brigade" goes i will continue to skirmish and hopefully get to shoot with and at all of the wonderful players that have made this experience so fun. I look forward to lots more banter and stories while skirmishing elsewhere.

I will return any and all deposits previously paid as soon as possible and would ask you to send either your PayPal or bank details for me to do this.

Once again this decision has been extremely difficult to make and not taken lightly.

All the best

Bloody hell its getting bad ☹

Hope greenops at liphook is gonna be able to hold out🤔

Got a game booked for 3rd April.

Commiserations to all who played Warren Woods ☹ 

Jeezus. Tech Brigade was one of the real old guard. Glad I got to play there one more time last year. The ferns will be missed!

8 minutes ago, Shamal said:

@Albiscuitand I are booked in at GreenOps for the 4th. First time visit.

Was a good day at Tech Brigade. Plenty of ninja kills from the 4ft ferns. 

Not one of the most organised places but a great atmosphere and wanted to go back.

1 hour ago, Shamal said:

i don’t think (I certainly really really hope) that GreenOps is in danger. They have got dates for sale online as far as July which is a good sign. April has already mostly sold out. UCAP are also a pretty big organisation by Airsoft standards so you would imagine they have a better ability to absorb the last year of utter utter shite. 

56 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Jeezus. Tech Brigade was one of the real old guard. Glad I got to play there one more time last year. The ferns will be missed!

@Albiscuitand I are booked in at GreenOps for the 4th. First time visit.

Yeah that's a shame could have put faces to names.

I think I panic clicked the first date I saw in case I missed it. Didn't realise there was a Sunday game as well.

Although I think doing the sat bash will at least give me Sunday to recover lol.

Hope you both have a good game and welcome to Liphook greenops👍

Its not a huge site but its very playable with a good mixture of foliage and forest. Plenty of props scattered around which makes for some good interesting gameplay.

I shall look forward to hearing your thoughts after your game.

I'm sure @Asomodai will give a fair evaluation(i hope lol)

Regards 

6 minutes ago, DRay said:

i don’t think (I certainly really really hope) that GreenOps is in danger. They have got dates for sale online as far as July which is a good sign. April has already mostly sold out. UCAP are also a pretty big organisation by Airsoft standards so you would imagine they have a better ability to absorb the last year of utter utter shite. 

Yeah they have a few irons in the fire. We have lost the prison site in Portsmouth(redemption) but we always new we only had it for a short time. Great while it lasted though🙂

Regards 

13 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

Was a good day at Tech Brigade. Plenty of ninja kills from the 4ft ferns. 

Not one of the most organised places but a great atmosphere and wanted to go back.

I think that was the main thing that appealed to me, being run more as a club than a site helped to create a more relaxed atmosphere 

36 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

@Cannonfodder @VenomousMayhem South East (The Kent one, not Essex) Has now taken over the running of Tech Brigade. The whole site.

image.png.f3b0d4a305ac1061319bd2541bda393d.png

image.png.a290d85894ca8a60cafe3ea4ec92f975.png

I was going to say it sounded like TB wouldnt be run by the guys that currently do. Not that it was ceasing to exist

On 02/03/2021 at 21:20, Adolf Hamster said:

Goddamnit i said i didnt want this to become a theme.....

I’m sure things might get a little worse. I wouldn’t be surprised if we lose a couple more as landowners selling off bits of unused land to make some money sounds likely with how things are going economy wise 

On 02/03/2021 at 19:36, Venomous said:

Just saw this and my heart sank! TB was the first site that I played at in 2002/2003. It's provided intro's to people that I call friends for life.

Rob is a fantastic bloke and has always looked after his regulars, and made new people welcome alike.

That must of been about when I was there running a pair of MP5K's :) The admiral and beaker ruled the roost in those days. No three games to ukara then, it was three games until you could wear the tech brigade patch. Good Times.

Trying to remember who was there. There was a new guy went by Pish. A guy with an impossibly quiet phantom Aug went by Silent smoke, Simon the man from uncle/vietnam guy... 

Mayhem taking over, I don't know. Is that the 60% smaller area Rob was talking about or the whole thing?

One of the great things about Tech brigade though was the Marshall's in play. Made for an honest game. No point in not taking a hit when Rob might be the one pegging you with an Aps2. Good honest crowd. Been many years since I was there. 

I just came here to post about Mayhem taking over. They already run paintball on there so it's not a totally new site to them. However, from what I've heard the landowner has had to remove a massive amount of the ground level vegetation so I'll wait to see what they do with the place

On 03/03/2021 at 20:20, Asomodai said:

@Cannonfodder @VenomousMayhem South East (The Kent one, not Essex) Has now taken over the running of Tech Brigade. The whole site.

image.png.f3b0d4a305ac1061319bd2541bda393d.png

image.png.a290d85894ca8a60cafe3ea4ec92f975.png

From the chat I had yesterday I won't be giving them any business. I don't know the exact details but it turns out there's been a lot of bitching, backstabbing and bullshit flying around from the guys running mayhem to force TB out.

On 04/03/2021 at 01:15, THE CHIEF said:

That must of been about when I was there running a pair of MP5K's :) The admiral and beaker ruled the roost in those days. No three games to ukara then, it was three games until you could wear the tech brigade patch. Good Times.

Trying to remember who was there. There was a new guy went by Pish. A guy with an impossibly quiet phantom Aug went by Silent smoke, Simon the man from uncle/vietnam guy... 

Mayhem taking over, I don't know. Is that the 60% smaller area Rob was talking about or the whole thing?

One of the great things about Tech brigade though was the Marshall's in play. Made for an honest game. No point in not taking a hit when Rob might be the one pegging you with an Aps2. Good honest crowd. Been many years since I was there. 

Toby C. was my manager, when we worked at Glaxo, Dave P. was my Practical Pistol Range Captain at Little Chalfont R&PC, Matt D remains one of my close friends and looks after my WA1911's. I have some of Terminal Boys guns when he retired, Steve P and John W still connected on Facebook. Think you can say Tech Brigade is still very much part of my life.

Terminal boy, now there's a name from the past! One of my all time favourite moments from any skirmish was at TB. Our team was approaching the valley. The bit with the bad ass drop off and thick bushes below. Every time anyone came near the edge we has shot by an unseen enemy force. This resulted in a stack of people just off the lip not moving. Someone lobbed a smoke out and we all run up on full blasting into the thick vegetation. It was like that bit on predator where they drop the jungle. After a couple of seconds we heard HIT HIT HIT. The enemy force? A single man with a western arms infinity. What a defence! I'm sure that was terminal boy. 

My first game there was an absolute beat down. I don't recall a single confirmed kill. It was quite a steep learning curve. 

But my point is if it wasn't a good site with a good bunch of people I could have taken that beating and thought airsoft is not for me. But instead I was hooked and couldn't wait for the next game. 

My first site nearly 20 years ago. Shame to see it go.

Mat Dean was legendary with his Infinities and a real ninja.

There were lots of stories about Rob shooting people's teeth out. It was realy just the same story told lots of times. It wasn't deliberate,he fired his APS from the hip and got a lucky (or unlucky) hit.

Pistols in the ferns was always a favourite.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.