Springer Shotty Choices. TM Spas Over Fabarms Stf12 Over Cyma M3**.

Asomodai

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all. 

I have decided that one of the gun shaped holes in my life could be filled by a spring shotty. I have a Gas TM KSG and a Gas Shell ejecting PPS XM26. I just want something that I don't have to worry about in terms of batteries or gas, sling it in the bag with a bunch of shells (That I already own) and go hog wild. 

Having said that, I need to make a choice. Of which I have narrowed down to three. Money isn't really an issue, but performance, reliability and range... is. I know I cant expect a huge amount out of a springer, but small variations can make a big difference!

Tokyo Marui Spas 12. The daddy, TM Quality, but overpriced at £170. Is the performance any better then a 50-60 quid shotty? I want this more then anything because it's a Spas 12 that looks right, and I can order in the folding stock. What BB Weight is ideal for the fixed hop in terms of range? 

Fabarms STF12 (Any length version). So I have heard these are a mixed bag, but I do love the look of them, I can also pick one up for as little as 50 quid for the compact or 60 for the long version. Experiences? What BB Weight is ideal for the fixed hop in terms of range?

CYMA M3** series (Any version). A trusty workhorse til they break. I hear these over hop unless you use .28s to tame them. Not so keen on the looks, but I have lots of variety to choose from. 

What say you wise AFUK'ers?

I've owned x2 tm spas12s.

Are they good? Yes. They're tm!

Are they worth £170? Maybe. Could get a second hand for less. 

My issue is that they're all plastic and feel a little toyish; but performance is good.

I have used it as both a se secondary (sling over my back) and also as a primary. 

I have found it used best as a primary but with a good pistol with plenty of mags as your secondary.

I wouldnt recommend it as a woodland primary though.

Edit: re range, I think I just used .2's, but then it was only used in cqb

I don't think you'd be disappointed in the TM SPAS-12. Second hand takes the price sting off it and although it's plasticky, it's not 50-60 quid plasticky. It has the right heft and sizing to it.

I found it rough to pump using gloves as it has a big ol' spring behind it, and it's pretty slippery but the real one has a bigger ol' spring so whatevs :D

I've used most, the TM has a couple of niceties over the clone like the cocking handle. However... It is over priced now days. When TM were the only game in town fair enough, but now days I wouldn't buy one. The loading nozzle on TM range are prone to break and unobtainable. The clones (spas/m3) actually have better internals at the expense of some of the externals like cocking handles. I would buy a asg M3 if it was my money. 

That said, if you have £170 to throw at a spas have a look at octagon airsoft. You can get a clone with a stock that's well made. Perfect for dinosaur hunting! 

https://www.octagonairsoft.com/product-page/copy-of-marui-spas-12-air-cocking-shotgun-w-phoenix-spas-12-folding-stock

No connection 

Always found the spas pump a little slippery compared to the M3, also a little big. But it is for just the fact the spas looks cool then go for it. Personally if I where to get a spring shottty I'd get the cyma full metal short m870 with top folding stock.

I own an STF-12 it’s cheap fun, creaky and what you would expect for the money. Reasonably accurate  range of say 20-25 meters 

I have held, cocked and tried  to bend the TM Spas, but haven’t played with one. Needless to say it feels far superior to the touch and even if it has 50% of the usual Marui fairy dust in it, that’s where I would throw my money

especially keeping resale % value in mind for when you get bored of it . 

I have the CYMA.  It's solid reliability wise, and it shoots well.  The spring is much stiffer than an actual Rem 870.  I use .25g and have not noticed any problems regarding over hopping.  A chap I play alongside reckons that you can mod the hop, but his gun seems no better than my standard version tbh.  Range is certainly less than an AEG.  Got mine from Taiwan Gun.

The best thing about it is that it is often my spare gun.  I rely on it, and an ultra cheap DE sawn off as back up in terrible weather, and since all military outfits use shotguns for breaching etc. it's good for cheating at milsims if you haven't a suitable rifle.  Well worth £60ish or whatever they cost now.  Great for CQB.  

The stud on the stock requires a decent sling attachment, I had an Uncle Mike's hanging around, but it would add to the cost if you are without one.  

i have a fab arms trishot shorty shotgun and have to say quite impressed with it single cartridge 30bb capacity 10 shots per cartridge sits about 250fps on .25's and pretty darn acurate from 30ft ill be getting myself a backscabbard for running it as a back up for clearing buildings etc

will be adding a vert grip to it as the spring is surprisingly strong and with my dodgy wrist it pops it out ofnplace cocking it haha

154288798_2828602437467448_3849615027431008431_n.jpg

Cheers for the opinions guys. It has given me much to think about. 

If I am to go for the Fabarms, I need to make the decision tonight before the offer stops! 

I’d go for the Tm one, simply because it is TM and I had a bad experience with Cyma as my battery was sparking out of the box. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.