So Will This Mean You Need UKARA for Two Tones (A Little Tongue in Cheek)

Piman

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Its a lovely looking shottie though.

Look out for the airsoft version.

• Supporters

i wonder what specific feature makes it "high tech", or is it just a totally normal pump shotgun in a fancy dress

edit: shoulda actually read the article before saying that lol.

10 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i wonder what specific feature makes it "high tech", or is it just a totally normal pump shotgun in a fancy dress

edit: shoulda actually read the article before saying that lol.

Yep very high tech.

You can search for it and see it in action. 

Its a semi auto shottie.

46 minutes ago, hitmanNo2 said:

It's a black shotgun, looks a bit funky for sure but still a RIF.  Changes nothing. 

Look at the picture. They have a version that is bright blue and white.

The one on display is white/light grey and black.  The lighting is making it look blue.  All the videos I saw last year of it, it was fully black.  Whether this two tone colourway is for promotion/sale, I don't know.

I still don't see why you think this is relevant.  It's a firearm for the Russian market, won't be sold in the US, let alone here.

• Supporters

Are they going to bring out guns in football team colours or something

trying to drum up support for team games after such a dry few months

Then two teams can face off each other and chant...

YOOOOOUUUUUURRRRRR SSSSSSHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

then row with the ref/marshals...

FFS referee are you fucking blind...

(or much much worse)

as airsoft has young players in it at times and the importance of playing fair & respectfully

here is a bit of a funny about kids football...

At one point during a game, the coach called one of his 7-year-old football players aside and asked,

“Do you understand what cooperation is? What a team is?
The little boy nodded in the affirmative.

“Do you understand that what matters is not whether we win or lose, but how we play together as a team?”

The little boy nodded yes.

“So,” the coach continued, “I’m sure you know, when a penalty is called, you shouldn’t argue,

curse, attack the referee, or call him a dick head.”

Do you understand all that?”

Again the little boy nodded.

He continued, “And when I call you off the field so that another boy gets a chance to play,

it’s not good sportsmanship to call your coach ‘a dumb arse–hole’ is it?”

Again the little boy nodded.

“Good,” said the coach. “Now go over there and explain all that to your mother.”

1 hour ago, hitmanNo2 said:

The one on display is white/light grey and black.  The lighting is making it look blue.  All the videos I saw last year of it, it was fully black.  Whether this two tone colourway is for promotion/sale, I don't know.

I still don't see why you think this is relevant.  It's a firearm for the Russian market, won't be sold in the US, let alone here.

Ah, now you point that out I can see the lighting is the causing the blue colour and perhaps they chose that picture specifically to make it more catching to the eye given the headline about influencing 'young people'. However it was more about a discussion about the potential, in general, that other real firearms could be coloured to look like nurf guns and what could that do? This one example may not be sold outside of Russia but what if it is the start of a trend?

US criminals have painted their RS guns to make them look like toys for years.  Any country where firearms are prevalent will be treated as if they are real.  I can't see this particular gun setting a trend tbh.  I'd imagine there is a limited market for a firearm that looks like that.

• Supporters
45 minutes ago, hitmanNo2 said:

US criminals have painted their RS guns to make them look like toys for years.  Any country where firearms are prevalent will be treated as if they are real.  I can't see this particular gun setting a trend tbh.  I'd imagine there is a limited market for a firearm that looks like that.

in fairness, it's not just criminals, 3-gun has a fair amount of crazy colour schemes going on.

it's a strange one, the whole vrca is based on joe public sees a gun and goes "that's a gun, imma call the police" but of course a totally bright yellow m4 had never been seen in popular culture portrayed as a real firearm.....

Pure evil" Die Antwoord made filming on CHAPPIE a nightmare

• Supporters
Just now, MiK said:

@Adolf Hamster but that’s Ninja from Die Antwoord so you’ll probably find that baby is actually a real steel pew pew :D

that was my point, it's from chappie which has a bunch of guns painted up bright colours yet portrayed as real guns (wether they're airsoft, blankfire or real for filming purposes i've not bothered to check)

41 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

it's a strange one, the whole vrca is based on joe public sees a gun and goes "that's a gun, imma call the police" but of course a totally bright yellow m4 had never been seen in popular culture portrayed as a real firearm.....

And then there's also how just plain weird some of the improvised firearms used by criminals may look:

https://imgur.com/gallery/EbcCJPd
https://imgur.com/gallery/uTMwfEa
https://imgur.com/gallery/E1FgS2N
https://imgur.com/gallery/JTNIU7o

(mix of real guns & some obviously jokes or airsoft/other fake)

• Supporters
Just now, Ad_ said:

And then there's also how just plain weird some of the improvised firearms used by criminals may look:

https://imgur.com/gallery/EbcCJPd
https://imgur.com/gallery/uTMwfEa
https://imgur.com/gallery/E1FgS2N
https://imgur.com/gallery/JTNIU7o

(mix of real guns & some obviously jokes or airsoft/other fake)

a very valid point. although a few of those are definately questionable lol.

The bbc just posted about it to make sure we are still afraid of big bad guns. The guns sitting in a gun safe just waiting to break out and shoot bare people when nobody is watching. That blue silly shotgun is gonna mug you next time you go tescos to buy yourself a luxurious meal deal. If the bbc wants us scared of any gun surely they would be scaring us poor saps and serfs with a article on this. I can imagine how much of a hard on some journalists must have when they see this, they probably sleep under the bed for a week out of sheer terror of rouge plastic gun stealing theyre coffee in the night. I currently sleep with a cross beside me to keep the demonic firearms from getting me in the night... 😆

(again im joking btw)

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/08/14/fgc-9-3d-printed-gun/

• Supporters

The VCRA is written based on a common (and all around bad) legislative assumption that real guns are black, if that changed substantially in the real world the impact on airsoft would be.. totally unknowable right now.  If I were to guess right now, it'd kill off both RIFs and IFs, probably Nerf too given that laws on such things are based in significant part on how things look vs how physically dangerous they are.

Fortunately the only thing that's likely to change in the real world is tan finishes becoming more standard for military weapons, which will bleed over to the commercial market to some extent.  The L85A3 is tan and all the NGSW options the US Army are considering are currently in flavours of tan.

• Supporters

When you come down to it unless you’ve got even the vaguest of interest in firearms then realistically you’ve zero chance of acquiring the skill or knowledge in this country to tell the difference between someone carrying an mp5 or a slightly Bent stick in there hand . 🤦‍♂️

A6CE19C8-5C55-4461-91E7-61139CCFE31A.jpeg

2 hours ago, Druid799 said:

When you come down to it unless you’ve got even the vaguest of interest in firearms then realistically you’ve zero chance of acquiring the skill or knowledge in this country to tell the difference between someone carrying an mp5 or a slightly Bent stick in there hand . 🤦‍♂️

A6CE19C8-5C55-4461-91E7-61139CCFE31A.jpeg

So the bottom left picture explains why so many people prefer the AR style platform over the less well presentable Ak series... 

Yeah if you havent ever been to a shooting range or wasted 10 years of youre life obsessing over guns you will never own, you know nutting bout them gats. The media loves talking about guns but they never go and out and actually use them or see them used to understand them in the slightest. They should at least play Escape From Tarkov so they know the basics like, A Hera Arms foregrip plus a Daniel Defense Waves Surpressor plus a Steiner Dbal on a HK416 Long barrel is the best cqb gun with M855A1. 😆😂

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.