Completely Stripping Paint Off a Plastic Slide

BigStew

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Bend offered a plastic TM slide for a project problem is its ex two tone with still green tints here and there. Other than painting it is there anything that will get it back to black?

• Supporters
1 hour ago, BigStew said:

Bend offered a plastic TM slide for a project problem is its ex two tone with still green tints here and there. Other than painting it is there anything that will get it back to black?

Totally depends what it's been painted with and how well the surface was prepped beforehand.

I've seen two tone jobs that'll come off with harsh language, chances are a bit of rubbing alcohol/surgical spirit/window cleaner (I shit you not) will probably get it off if it's just remnants of Krylon.

straight ipa 99.9% great for removing the paint and wont damage the plastic like some brakefluids will if in doubt get some fairy power spray another great one for removing paint put item in a carrier bag spray with the power spray leave for half hr an hr then come back and scrub and rinse under water jobs a gd one,use to use both ipa and power spray on plastic warhammer minis which bk in the ealry 2000's the plastic was like soft cheese and never had an issue even on resin and white metal pic was after 5-10 mins work with a cotton bud and ipa and does remove the original paint

20210217_160015.jpg

On 26/02/2021 at 15:27, miserydrift said:

straight ipa 99.9% great for removing the paint and wont damage the plastic like some brakefluids will if in doubt get some fairy power spray another great one for removing paint put item in a carrier bag spray with the power spray leave for half hr an hr then come back and scrub and rinse under water jobs a gd one,use to use both ipa and power spray on plastic warhammer minis which bk in the ealry 2000's the plastic was like soft cheese and never had an issue even on resin and white metal pic was after 5-10 mins work with a cotton bud and ipa and does remove the original paint

20210217_160015.jpg

They have changed the Power Spray formula so it's not as good for removing paint as it used to be.

18 hours ago, CrackCommandoUnit1972 said:

They have changed the Power Spray formula so it's not as good for removing paint as it used to be.

ahhh cheers for heads up been a few years since i used it!

4 hours ago, miserydrift said:

ahhh cheers for heads up been a few years since i used it!

Try Rocketdogbert's suggestion. I know nail polish (with acetone) remover works a treat but I wouldn't trust it on some plastics.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.