Does Anyone Else?

Cr0-Magnon

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Have just a few unskirmished guns because they've been acquired during lockdown? 😬

These are the four AEG's I've picked up. I also have five pistols that have yet to see any action 😂

IMG_20210225_194917.jpg

so far during lockdown ive picked up. 
4 revolvers

2 tm recoils

2 aks

a 249

and a partridge in a pear tree. to be fair though a lot of those were broken or needed work when I got them. never skirmished a tm recoil yet though so that will be fun. 

• Supporters

technically i have an unfielded makarov.

but that's more that i was trying to get a new slide for the old one after a refinishing attempt (mistakes were made....) but when a slide is £75 and the whole gun plus mag plus suppressor was £120 well airsoft financial logic kicked in.

so the new one got some of the choice components transplanted immediately but has yet to fire a shot in anger. although at least now i have both grip styles and i'm realising i don't dislike the brown grips as much as i thought i would.

I think I've actually gone through more unused variations of eye/facepro during the last year than I have RIFs. Not to say there hasn't been a decent list of unused RIFs, a decent portion of which have been sold on as I trudge through figuring out what it is I want, but yeah a whoooooole lot of protective equipment. But I've finally landed on the combinations I like, which is nice.

New unused RIFs (that aren't currently up for sale):

• TM G19
  • TM G17 w/ Guarder Kit (which @Cr0-Magnonwill be familiar with)

For anyone curious on the eye/facepro, though I imagine that'd be no one:

• Valhalla mask, Clawgear balaclava, Heroshark Speartooths and Peltor Comtac XPI's for in the woods.
  • Clawgear balaclava and Dye i5 for the CQBs. (No I'm not a speedy boy, not that I hold that against anyone. I just like my face, teeth and eyeballs intact without the inconvenience of fogging)

9 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

I think I've actually gone through more unused variations of eye/facepro during the last year than I have RIFs. Not to say there hasn't been a decent list of unused RIFs, a decent portion of which have been sold on as I trudge through figuring out what it is I want, but yeah a whoooooole lot of protective equipment. But I've finally landed on the combinations I like, which is nice.

New unused RIFs (that aren't currently up for sale):

• TM G19
  • TM G17 w/ Guarder Kit (which @Cr0-Magnonwill be familiar with)

For anyone curious on the eye/facepro, though I imagine that'd be no one:

• Valhalla mask, Clawgear balaclava, Heroshark Speartooths and Peltor Comtac XPI's for in the woods.
  • Clawgear balaclava and Dye i5 for the CQBs. (No I'm not a speedy boy, not that I hold that against anyone. I just like my face, teeth and eyeballs intact without the inconvenience of fogging)

Did you ever finish doing your leaf suit?

I think it was you. Apologies if not🙂👍

1 hour ago, GothicGhost said:

Yeah I bought a few guns and gun parts.

Best thing was my carbine kit and aap-01 pistol  :D

IMG_20210124_090946629.thumb.jpg.77ccc3228162e65f4664bbb75982d040.jpg2063253602_IMG_20210223_2006384642.thumb.jpg.303dbc3c63079e92560be6dda3ead95a.jpg

I've tried but i really can't find any love for the app 01 ☹

Carbine kit looks good though 🙂

Regards 

30 minutes ago, Shamal said:

Did you ever finish doing your leaf suit?

I think it was you. Apologies if not🙂👍

Haha, it was. I finished a few actually. Then we all got shut in so it all got taken off ready to be re-crafted once I knew what season we were going to be in when we could play again, so I had a better gauge of the base colouration before adding natural vegetation on site. I've since put the vast majority of the suits up for sale, largely because there is only one woodland site local to me (within an hours drive) and that's only open for half the year, so felt a bit over invested into something I couldn't actually use all that much! It was a very fun thing to learn about and try out though, definitely got me through some of the more boring lockdown days.

4 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

Haha, it was. I finished a few actually. Then we all got shut in so it all got taken off ready to be re-crafted once I knew what season we were going to be in when we could play again, so I had a better gauge of the base colouration before adding nature vegetation on site. I've since put the vast majority of the suits up for sale, largely because there is only one woodland site local to me (within an hours drive) and that's only open for half the year, so felt a bit over invested into something I couldn't actually use all that much! It was a very fun thing to learn about and try out though, definitely got me through some of the more boring lockdown days.

Yeah I remember seeing the pics.

Lot of work involved but was looking good.

Like you say it was interesting doing it and you learnt something new.

👍

Regards 

Nope. Absolutely nothing. Last time I bought anything was around last October. I just want to get out again because I love the RIFs I currently have and am really looking forward to some bush cosplay shenanigans once lockdowns end.

i have a few unskirmished guns acquired over the past year...

northeast sten mk2.  bought from classifieds here. took it to a field once, but had issues with gas efficiency on the range so it never made it onto the field...  spoke to northeast and they sent me a weaker recoil spring and replacement nozzle and it now shoots entire mag without running away
Marushin Mateba bought two actually...   one is the collectors edition ghost in the shell edition, so will never be used on a field...  the other one though is a 6mm version and is intended as a CQB backup weapon...    now i just need to get a holster for it (will have to drop @HuttArmouries a line)  and put together a Togusa cosplay...    At the moment though i wont need a mullet wig...  being unable to get a haircut in lockdown means im not far off being able to style my hair into a mullet.
Tippmann m4v2  animal of a gun, only been test fired in my garden, and cant wait to field it. 
i suppose my nuprol pioneer defender could also count, as i have replaced the hop unit for one with a built in tracer unit and then flat hopped it, but havent been able to use it in anger since the upgrades.

and while it has been skirmished, i have an ARES WA2000 that has only had about 200 rounds through it, 90% of which were at home trying to bed the hop rubber in before i take it out to a game once lockdown is over.

E&L AKM

E&L AK74N 

JLS RX4

PPS XM26

The first three are being upgraded. The PPS will come out first chance of CQB I get. 

6 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

ukarapolice.thumb.jpg.80dc1be152d03442118c35f8a257f143.jpg

I bet they were ‘gifts’...

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

a man of taste and refinement

I'd say half and half! 

I am waiting on 17 shells in the post from HK for the XM. I might even buy an M4 just so I can mount the XM. Might replace the proprietary inner barrel with a tightbore for extra FPS, the current one has a barrel cut and bracket to push it into the body with a spring from the front. I'd need to make a similar cut on any new barrel. 

I am looking at a cheap LCT tactical AKMS as well. Havent pulled the trigger as of yet though. 

The 74n is having a full overhaul and Zenitco Pt3 stock installed to go with the VS24 handguard. 

30 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

No guns, just a BFG and a box of primers

Good man. 

From my point of view/aim the less people with guns on game day makes it better for me.

It will save me the walk back to spawn every five mins! Lol

Regards 

I've bought the following since the start of last year:

Kwa M4 (traded for my ICS L86 crow cannon)

WE Glock 23 advanced (traded for above m4 this month)

WE G18c

WE G17

We G23

WE P99 (needs some troubleshooting as it's only hitting 240 fps)

G&P LMT M4

TM HC Aug (traded for my WE ACR MSK aeg)

I've had a tm/guarder G17 fixed and made skirmishable by Rocketdogbert and had my TM 416 fixed and serviced at firesupport. 

None of them have been used other than test firing a few rounds and chrono'ing.

I've been ticking off what guns I've always wanted with the money saved up during lockdown. Also bought a multiple base for my trmr.

Still left on the list:

P90 (Cybergun version with trades)

MK18

MP7

AK74u

11 hours ago, alxndrhll said:

TM G17 w/ Guarder Kit (which @Cr0-Magnonwill be familiar with)

Gotta love something with OD or Foliage green! I'm confused and disappointed that they don't sell more RIF's in that colour and perhaps the only reason I'd pay all that money for a Krytac.

Have one Aeg that hasn't been used since lockdown (LCT RPK). After I bought it I said I would have a moratorium on new gun purchases of a year. 

That expires next month. Had hoped that King Arms would have gotten round to re-releasing their FAL by now. According to their social media that will be released in 2022.  So might look into the VFC offerings or hope that some other company feel compelled to fill the FN FAL void.

On a completely unrelated note, the forthcoming Lambda defence MK48s look tempting. 

• Supporters

I have a gas shotty that I bought during lockdown but there's other guns that have never been skirmished despite being bought or built before this all started!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.