Would You Spend the Money Having it Maintained or Sell it as it Is

Marksman1933

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, 

I have a collection of guns that I really purchased to collect not use and have had them for a few years now

I purchased a first edition KWA KRISS Vector with power upgrade and suppressor in Kriss Vector Hard case, I think it got it from Redwolf Airsoft, 

My question, I'm looking to sell mine, It's never been used, it's had a few rounds plinking, but as it's been stored for so long I don't know whether to sell it as is or to spend £80-£100 getting it in near perfect condition and then selling it, is it worth it? (I hope that make sense🤔)

I look forward to hearing from anyone 

Thanks all, 

Rob

Hi there,

I would say you don't necessarily have to have it maintained/serviced to sell it as "near perfect" but just check it's cycling as it should and shoots at the sort of power one would expect. Obviously if it doesn't do that, then you can't sell it as a working gun, which would massively affect its value.

Hi Mate,

That's a difficult one.

If i were interested i would prefer to know it was working. Bit like buying a car, you'd buy one with a recent service over one that didn't have a recent service. The problem is the quality of the service ie will the tech that does it do a good job or will they half arse it. Then if you sell with it service and it doesn't work the person that buys it will be annoyed and you will have wasted £100.

Doesn't really help answer your question to be honest so to pin me down personally i would sell without and put all the risk on the buyer (make sure your state that when selling) as long as the price is fair. and if it doesn't work at all then make sure you state that as well but you will take a hit on the price. 

• Supporters

i'm with @Cr0-Magnon, check it's working first.

gas up the mags- check they all hold gas.

fire a few rounds (through a chrono if you have one) check it feeds, cycles, and is spitting out bb's with some level of expected efficiency.

that's as "working" as any gun can demonstrably be on the classifieds

given the way the market for vectors is i'd be surprised if any potential buyers weren't aware of the needs of gbbr's and would be well enough versed in changing seals etc if it's required. i reckon the chance to get their hands on a low milage vector is going to be the heaviest factor here.

If your up to it, clean it properly,internally, yourself. Don’t hand it over to your average tech to get it running.

The KWA Vector has very low tolerance to dirt and grease, and is built to high tolerances. Consequently, they are fiddly to run and fix.

Potentially, if the gun is perfect with all original parts and original box, it could be worth upwards of £800 if you have a few mags. That’s to a collector.

If you want a hand returning it to working, drop me a DM, I can walk you through it or do it for you if you’d like.

rdb

1 hour ago, rocketdogbert said:

If you want a hand returning it to working, drop me a DM, I can walk you through it or do it for you if you’d like.

rdb

If you don't take him up on his offer, I suggest a quick visit to the local shrink might be in order!
He's awesome.
Do it. Doooooooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.