Site Closure / Edinburgh Airsoft (Land Warrior Store's Site)

Enid_Puceflange

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Announced earlier today that Edinburgh Airsoft , the site run & operated by retailer Land Warrior will not be re opening

another victim of the financials of COVID-19 

Announcement from their Facebook page earlier today after our first minister confirmed a longer ease to lockdown

38C8C2F6-1F4F-49D8-93C2-4BABF4C1B3D0.thumb.png.aafb07e961918010aa82240e4d9524f2.png

3 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Announced earlier today that Edinburgh Airsoft , the site run & operated by retailer Land Warrior will not be re opening

another victim of the financials of COVID-19 

Announcement from their Facebook page earlier today after our first minister confirmed a longer ease to lockdown

38C8C2F6-1F4F-49D8-93C2-4BABF4C1B3D0.thumb.png.aafb07e961918010aa82240e4d9524f2.png

Thats second site on here this evening thats closed. Sad days indeed. Hope our local site manages to keep its head above water🤔

On 25/02/2021 at 00:46, AK47frizzle said:

rip my local site, gonna have to search for another that doesn't require a car

There are two which are relatively easy to get to......

Enemy Down (a bus will drop you right at its gate on the a71 - just past Herriot Watt uni)

Battle Zone which is near south queensferry, closer to kirkliston ( well served for buses)

10 hours ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

There are two which are relatively easy to get to......

Enemy Down (a bus will drop you right at its gate on the a71 - just past Herriot Watt uni)

Battle Zone which is near south queensferry, closer to kirkliston ( well served for buses)

ye been looking at enemy down, looks like nice terrain

• Supporters

From the small amount I’ve seen on the effect Covid’s having on airsoft it’s seems to be the bigger better sites that are suffering the most and closing down , the crappy ‘half a dozen sandbags and a couple of rotten fence panel in a wood’ ones don't appear to be suffering half as much . Think it’s safe to say it all comes down to revenue(or more precisely LACK of any real revenue being generated over the past yr)that’s really killing them .
Good sites have larger numbers of staff , needs greater upkeep , must have good usable facilities , needs advertising to regularly keep numbers up to make the business Viable to work = bigger outgoings . 
Crappy sites on the whole don’t have many staff , have zero facilities , minimal upkeep due to nothing really needing to be maintained to any great standard and gets by on word of mouth and can still run game days with half a dozen players turning up so negligible outgoings ?

just my two pennies worth on it .👍

• Supporters
27 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

From the small amount I’ve seen on the effect Covid’s having on airsoft it’s seems to be the bigger better sites that are suffering the most and closing down , the crappy ‘half a dozen sandbags and a couple of rotten fence panel in a wood’ ones don't appear to be suffering half as much . Think it’s safe to say it all comes down to revenue(or more precisely LACK of any real revenue being generated over the past yr)that’s really killing them .
Good sites have larger numbers of staff , needs greater upkeep , must have good usable facilities , needs advertising to regularly keep numbers up to make the business Viable to work = bigger outgoings . 
Crappy sites on the whole don’t have many staff , have zero facilities , minimal upkeep due to nothing really needing to be maintained to any great standard and gets by on word of mouth and can still run game days with half a dozen players turning up so negligible outgoings ?

just my two pennies worth on it .👍

i do agree, farmer joe's "you mean people will actually pay to run around my farm one day a week?" business is going to be much more tenable than an organised business renting an old industrial warehouse etc.

it's a shame, because whilst the former can hide many hidden gems, i feel the latter is what airsoft very much needs more of.

2 hours ago, AK47frizzle said:

ye been looking at enemy down, looks like nice terrain

I have been playing the woods here , either paintball back in the day or Airsoft now since I was 17, so that’s just over 30 yrs 😂👍

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.