My Inner Barrel Is a Little Loose, What Can I do to Fix it?

Not DMR

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

29 minutes ago, Not DMR said:

Hi,

Ive replaced the inner barrel on my AEG, but the new barrel is slightly loose inside the outer barrel. What can I do to fix this?

Thanks

A small rubber O-Ring or wrap some electrical tape near the end of the inner barrel so there is less space for it to manoeuvre. 

4 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

A small rubber O-Ring or wrap some electrical tape near the end of the inner barrel so there is less space for it to manoeuvre. 

The space between the inner and outer barrels is very small, its less than an electrical tape thickness

1 minute ago, Not DMR said:

The space between the inner and outer barrels is very small, its less than an electrical tape thickness

Use normal tape then. Otherwise PFTE tape would be ideal. That stuffs really thin. 

Otherwise, maybe something putty like, blu tac maybe?

Just now, Asomodai said:

Use normal tape then. Otherwise PFTE tape would be ideal. That stuffs really thin. 

Otherwise, maybe something putty like, blu tac maybe?

I could try it, but I don't think it would fit because the space is like 2 micron, a little bigger than a hair

2 minutes ago, Not DMR said:

2 minutes ago, Not DMR said:

The movement must be very slight then.

1 minute ago, Not DMR said:

I could try it, but I don't think it would fit because the space is like 2 micron, a little bigger than a hair

Then I'd say the barrel is not loose enough to matter. Most of my rifle inner barrels have a small bit of play.

Just now, Asomodai said:

Then I'd say the barrel is not loose enough to matter. Most of my rifle inner barrels have a small bit of play.

Ok, thank you very much!

My son works in microns.

I'm happy if its 5mm

😉👍

Regards 

• Supporters

does the barrel poke out beyond the muzzle? if so then an o-ring might sit between the flash hider and the barrel to hold it steady.

although by the sounds of it the gun would need to be practically perfect in every other regard for that to really be a notable difference.

21 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

does the barrel poke out beyond the muzzle? if so then an o-ring might sit between the flash hider and the barrel to hold it steady.

although by the sounds of it the gun would need to be practically perfect in every other regard for that to really be a notable difference.

It does not, it is almost not noticeable, but im a little perfectionist so since i have upgraded everything id like it to be 100% perfect

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Steveocee said:

Will be stronger than the smell of joop on a 14 year old chav.

Comment of the day, right there!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.