Site Closure Confirmed: Reaper Ops Fort Borstal.

Asomodai

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

2 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

https://i.imgur.com/lDKyIrd.jpg

This one is a real shame. It was pretty unique. I never managed to get down to it when Reaper Ops took over, but played it once in the Red 1 days. 

Never went but its always a jolt when another site closes.

Commiserations to all who played there ☹

I am going to say that that whilst covid is a driving factor on these closures, landlord fees/rent, business rates and insurance fees are going to be what is killing these sites. 

The pub company I work for have had zero relief in rent from a number of landlords, it is not hard to imagine this is the trend. Like CS i'm sure LW will be looking into gaining another site, I hope soon.

As to reaper ops did they have this site long? I only came aware of it over lock down and added it toto my post lockdown 'must visit list'. 

Still, the coffee is good.

47 minutes ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

I am going to say that that whilst covid is a driving factor on these closures, landlord fees/rent, business rates and insurance fees are going to be what is killing these sites. 

The pub company I work for have had zero relief in rent from a number of landlords, it is not hard to imagine this is the trend. Like CS i'm sure LW will be looking into gaining another site, I hope soon.

As to reaper ops did they have this site long? I only came aware of it over lock down and added it toto my post lockdown 'must visit list'. 

Still, the coffee is good.

They had it a couple of years. Red 1 gave it up because the rent was too expensive and there was a limit on the number of people on site, due to the small footprint. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.