morcam99

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

🤔

I'm not clicking that link. Feels kinda sketchy.

2 minutes ago, morcam99 said:

I saw this on reddit apparently an invoice has been leaked showing their real address, and costs this is the link that got posted https://ibb.co/LJSM3mt  what do you guys think real or not ?

Who cares? If the quality is good - and everything WAS I've owned has been - what does it matter?

I mean, Nike trainers aren't made in the USA, they are made in Chinese, Vietnamese or Indonesian sweatshops. Doesn't stop people paying top dollar for them.

Most textiles are made in China, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka. Doesn’t mean it’s bad quality actually they make some quality textiles just check the designer clothes some might wear 

People always incorrectly assume ‘made in China’ = Chinese clone crap. Why can’t they build something of quality? 

Doesn’t bother me in the slightest tbh

9 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

If I’m reading this right the cost price of a Warrior DCS plate carrier is $40!!! Retail is about £140!! Hmmmm 

Yeh, but they ain't selling tens of thousands of them. Sports Direct they are not. Gotta keep the lights on and the staff paid somehow.

I’m not knocking the modest  markup it’s only 250% ;)

Besides, we all know Warrior kit is good. Let’s face it’s the next best thing to Crye in terms of quality and durability. 

Who cares where it’s made. 

Capitalism... a markup is not all profit though, there’s a lot of other costs involved. But cmon, they have to make money and it’s still a (relatively) value for money product

Take off the usual uktactical discount of 10%, postage and vat and that DCS is really selling for just over £100.

Uktactical probably buys from WAS for around £75 and sells for a typical 30% retail markup.

WAS pays £40 but has to cover shippping from china, import tax?, r&d, design, testing, storage etc.

Both have overheads and profit to make.

I'd imagine it's those juicy contracts that pay full rrp that drive the profits tho. 

16 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

I’m not knocking the modest  markup it’s only 250% ;)

Besides, we all know Warrior kit is good. Let’s face it’s the next best thing to Crye in terms of quality and durability. 

Who cares where it’s made. 

Sorry but it is far from the next best thing to Crye! 

If it comes as a surprise that it is made in China  it's because WAS gear is a bit overhyped. Its good stuff, don't get me wrong, but its certainly not "bomb proof" as I like to bore people with, the only bit of tactical nylon i've actually managed to break was a WAS pouch. I put it on par with other chinese brands be it TMC or flyye or whatever, (but not like 8fields or w/e). Some WAS stuff is well priced - some of their stuff seems to have a massive mark up. I'd buy WAS stuff again sure but you can do cheaper, you can do better, and for some stuff you can do both... just imo. 

• Supporters
15 hours ago, Tommikka said:

The contractor supplying the MoD is Irish, but they need their sub contractors & materials 

what was the quote?

"remember the equipment you are using was designed by some of the finest minds our nation has to offer, and then outsourced to the cheapest bidder"

which applies to militaries and space programs alike :P

15 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Looks like the 'one-post-wonder' that is the OP has decided to pull his post. 

So the question is: Why did he post in the first place?.....:huh:

Could have been a competitor trying it on 😃

On 25/02/2021 at 09:33, Speedbird_666 said:

Looks like the 'one-post-wonder' that is the OP has decided to pull his post. 

So the question is: Why did he post in the first place?.....:huh:

I like to think it's an alternative account of the poster than bumped the speedsoft thread. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.