March 29th - 'Organised Outdoor Sports Can Take Place'

LSUK

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

COVID-19: When every lockdown rule is set to lift in England 

According to Mr Boris, on March 29th "organised outdoor sports can take place for children and adults". 

Does this mean... airsoft can return?! 

I hope so, i've been going mad not being able to shoot people with plastic. ❤️

• LSUK changed the title to March 29th - 'Organised Outdoor Sports Can Take Place'
4 minutes ago, LSUK said:

According to Mr Boris, on March 29th "organised outdoor sports can take place for children and adults". 

Only if you have a vaccination card signed in blood,a letter from your local hospital saying your were clear up to an hour ago oh and also a book of words that you can lay your hand on and swear by almighty God. Yeah you're good to go.

Regards

wooooohoooo cant bloody wait hopefully have the rest of my gear by then too :D

• Supporters
46 minutes ago, Shamal said:

Only if you have a vaccination card signed in blood,a letter from your local hospital saying your were clear up to an hour ago oh and also a book of words that you can lay your hand on and swear by almighty God. Yeah you're good to go.

Regards

I think 650 MP's should lead by example and ensure they are vaccinated

with vaccine passports etc...

After all we seem to be heading towards a NO JAB = NO JOB scenario

despite all the BS of "flatten the curve", no need for masks - you must wear a face covering

hang we need to revise how we calculate covid deaths & test cycles

you can spend Christmas... ergh no you can't

we are not planning to introduce passports/vaccines for children etc...

All the MP's get jabbed first before they lecture any more

NO JAB = NO JOB

see if they resign or get the vaccine & lead by example (take their chances)

covid MP's.jpg

I'd imagine quite a few (if not all) site owners will be contacting local authorities over the next few days, so I would imagine by the end of the week or sooner we will start hearing about if sites will open by the end of March.

Fingers crossed..

I was speaking to the owner of my local site in Milton Keynes last night and he is hopeful to have games up and running that weekend... Pending confirmation that airsoft is included from dotGov "guidance"

11 hours ago, John_W said:

WTF!! 

• Supporters
11 hours ago, Monkman said:

I'd imagine quite a few (if not all) site owners will be contacting local authorities over the next few days, so I would imagine by the end of the week or sooner we will start hearing about if sites will open by the end of March.

Fingers crossed..

if all else fails - beginning of April...

Good Friday 2nd April

Easter Sunday 4th April

Organise an Easter Bunny/Egg Hunt skirmish - no it's a Egg Hunt (max 30 people)

carry around a few Creme Egg Grenades to chuck at each other

Games will vary from Team Egg Match, Capture the Shell etc...

Easter vs Isis — Steemit

THAT BUNNY HAS A M4  - YOU LOT ARE PLAYING AIRSOFT !!! (says PC Karen)

No officer you are very much mistaken - that is an Arctic Hare with a 249

Some clairty shortly would be nice, but I appreciate it takes time for things to filter down. I am still waiting to hear what all of this means for my job and its sector. 

I am itching to get back outside though and airsoft is a large part of that for me, plus like many I have new toys to break in.

• Supporters
16 hours ago, LSUK said:

but this is dependent on cases, deaths and hospital admissions continuing to fall.

So probably not because the general public can't bloody behave themselves.

18 minutes ago, Lozart said:

This is what I am worried about, I am certainly not booking a holiday for june 22nd or such. i know plenty of people who have already started looking for clubs, festivals and getting ready to go all out. I am not getting my hopes up just yet and will take it one step at a time.

• Supporters
11 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

This is what I am worried about, I am certainly not booking a holiday for june 22nd or such. i know plenty of people who have already started looking for clubs, festivals and getting ready to go all out. I am not getting my hopes up just yet and will take it one step at a time.

Unfortunately, despite saying that they are working by data and not dates but then throwing out actual dates the powers that be have shot themselves squarely in the foot. Come the end of next month, every swinging dick and his dog will be demanding to go the pub regardless.

The numbers continuing to drop is entirely dependent upon the vast majority continuing to follow guidance, not stretch the rules to suit themselves and on vaccination uptake. If insufficient people refuse the jab on some cock and bull "ethical" objection then it won't be as effective for the community at large and we'll never get back to normal.

51 minutes ago, Lozart said:

sorry but i think this is very unfair. I think the general public have for the most part gone above and beyond. Where there have been issues is due largely in part to low levels of sick pay, which is 100% the fault of the government. Stephen Reicher has discussed this in more detail. Also note the massive spike in cases come September which to my amateur eyes seems attributable to a degree of seasonality, but in any case its hard to attribute that to the public's behaviour. It may not always be appropriate to apportion blame but if you do come on the side of blaming the public, not those with power who are making decisions, it is worth considering why.

edit: Shamal I think it is probably a good idea for you to take the vaccine, as if there is a sufficient "critical mass" of vaccine refuseniks then this could impact on the overall effectiveness. But you are quite right to point out the discrepancy between holding the opinions of "vaccines don't do anything for transmission" and "we should have vaccine passports". But I would also like to add that if you say you are not a vaccine sceptic, but would decline to take the vaccine.. that does seem like vaccine scepticism, even if you say it isn't. Taking a vaccine for the sake of public health is not the same as not drinking at all so as to reduce your individual "burden" on the health care system, but is more similar to just not drinking when you have to drive, I think. 

2 hours ago, Brophy said:

Let's just hope it doesnt need to be put up your nose after its been up your arse like they do with the throat / nose ones here 😮 😂

• Supporters
23 minutes ago, GeorgePlaysAirsoft said:

sorry but i think this is very unfair. I think the general public have for the most part gone above and beyond. Where there have been issues is due largely in part to low levels of sick pay, which is 100% the fault of the government. Stephen Reicher has discussed this in more detail. Also note the massive spike in cases come September which to my amateur eyes seems attributable to a degree of seasonality, but in any case its hard to attribute that to the public's behaviour. It may not always be appropriate to apportion blame but if you do come on the side of blaming the public, not those with power who are making decisions, it is worth considering why.

While I agree that the current (and the first) lockdown have been successful due to people generally playing along, you only have to look at what happened in Liverpool when it was announced they would be coming under tighter restrictions - they all fucked off out to the pub in a show of defiance. That's what I mean by the public not behaving themselves. If you give an inch, some will take a mile and in this instance THAT is a problem. While I agree with your point that low sick pay etc means people are more willing to take risks and still go to work when they've been asked not to, the overwhelming attitude of "I'm alright, Jack" means that it's not just the low paid that take the piss. In fact, in my experience it's more likely to be the well off, entitled people that flout the rules. If shops, pubs, sporting events et al are open people WILL go even if they're asked not to if they don't HAVE to. If vaccination levels aren't sufficient then we'll see another spike because so many of the great unwashed seem to think that all of a sudden there's no virus because the high street is open.

The spike in cases in September went hand in hand with a relaxation of restrictions, particularly among younger demographics and also with the new variants becoming apparent. In terms of seasonality it's too early to categorically say that it has an effect as we've not had enough repeat years with a similar pattern. That said, the restrictions, mask wearing and increased hand washing/sanitisation has brought down the incidence of flu and adenovirus so it IS working.

Make no mistake, this virus isn't going away soon if ever. It has already become endemic in areas of the UK so at best it'll be a need for regular vaccination programmes like with the flu jab to try and control the overall case rates to a number deemed acceptable ie not so many that the NHS can't cope. People will still catch it, they will still get sick from it and they will still die from it. That's NO reason however to think that the vaccine is therefore pointless in any way.

21 minutes ago, Lozart said:

While I agree that the current (and the first) lockdown have been successful due to people generally playing along, you only have to look at what happened in Liverpool when it was announced they would be coming under tighter restrictions - they all fucked off out to the pub in a show of defiance. That's what I mean by the public not behaving themselves. If you give an inch, some will take a mile and in this instance THAT is a problem.

That is an exception and also a massive generalisation for the people of Liverpool. Anything actually worth reading (not opinions, no offence) shows public adherence has been very good. I wouldn't rule it out, of course, but again I would suggest that factors like poor sick pay is much more of a factor then a pub blow out to the point the latter becomes basically insignificant.  Sorry to say but you haven't offered me anything substantial to which I would change my opinion. Edit: also, sorry to say again and of course nothing personal but doesn't the idea of blaming liverpudlians, not the (conservative) government seem a bit... classic? 

• Supporters
1 minute ago, GeorgePlaysAirsoft said:

That is an exception and also a massive generalisation for the people of Liverpool. Anything actually worth reading (not opinions, no offence) shows public adherence has been very good. I wouldn't rule it out, of course, but again I would suggest that factors like poor sick pay is much more of a factor then a pub blow out to the point the latter becomes basically insignificant.  Sorry to say but you haven't offered me anything substantial to which I would change my opinion.

Sorry but no, it's nothing against the people of Liverpool as it happened in places all over the country. Liverpool was purely the first example that came to mind.

I have no doubt that low income areas have suffered more, in large part down to population density which makes it easier for viruses to spread. Low sick pay however is only a factor if you're sick and to be quite frank, if you're sick with COVID and you choose to go to work and mix with others then you're an arse (regardless of income). You're right that in general adherence has been good - while in lockdown - but the rate of increases in cases when restrictions have been lifted demonstrate that when allowed to mix, people spread the virus. Viruses cannot spread without interaction, it's a simple biological fact. If you look at the figures in Sept/Oct in the South West for example, the hotspots were in University towns when students were told to go back. That is not a coincidence.

4 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Sorry but no, it's nothing against the people of Liverpool as it happened in places all over the country. Liverpool was purely the first example that came to mind.

I have no doubt that low income areas have suffered more, in large part down to population density which makes it easier for viruses to spread. Low sick pay however is only a factor if you're sick and to be quite frank, if you're sick with COVID and you choose to go to work and mix with others then you're an arse (regardless of income). You're right that in general adherence has been good - while in lockdown - but the rate of increases in cases when restrictions have been lifted demonstrate that when allowed to mix, people spread the virus. Viruses cannot spread without interaction, it's a simple biological fact. If you look at the figures in Sept/Oct in the South West for example, the hotspots were in University towns when students were told to go back. That is not a coincidence.

I'm not debating the effectiveness of lockdowns. I am taking issue with your claim that "the general public can't bloody behave themselves." which I still think you have failed to substanitate.

- "Low sick pay however is only a factor if you're sick and to be quite frank, if you're sick with COVID and you choose to go to work and mix with others then you're an arse (regardless of income)."

No it is a factor if you have to stop working, whether or not you are sick. I disagree that people are an arse, regardless of income - some people quite simply need to work for them and thier families to survive. Some people quite simply cannot afford to not work, and calling them an arse - and not the government who could quite easily support them better, is counterproductive, not to mention the bitter taste it leaves. 

-"but the rate of increases in cases when restrictions have been lifted demonstrate that when allowed to mix, people spread the virus"

if people are allowed to mix, then this is not a matter of them behaving themselves.

"If you look at the figures in Sept/Oct in the South West for example, the hotspots were in University towns when students were told to go back. That is not a coincidence."

- Told to go back is doing heavy lifting here. A spike in cases arising from this is not their fault 

It’s generally a disease on poverty. In the late summer Cornwall nearly sank under the weight of generally higher wage earning emmets (holiday makers), afterwards they were in the lowest tiers prior to lockdown so covid had not been imported. 
blackpool, Scarborough etc the traditional “working class” holiday destinations were like WWZ and were in tier 4 pretty much as soon as possible 

@GeorgePlaysAirsoft I have to agree with @Lozart on people’s stupidity and the fact they cannot self regulate - just look at the Xmas fair in Nottingham , the council where stupid to allow it to go ahead in the first place and then the public for absolutely ramming it hard on the Saturday only for it to be closed the following day which in all sense was stupid from start to finish considering Nottingham was in Tier 3 at the time.

I’l quote from the Nottingham Post report 

"it didn't make sense" considering the Tier 3 measures.

"There were also protests on and no social distancing.

"No one was listening to the one-way system it was just a free for all.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.