Polarstar Ugs

lukeB

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

The announcement of lock down dates has me excited for airsoft again.

Having had a bad experience with a Wolverine co2 stock (Aeg), I'm having another go.

I've opted for Polarstar UGS stocks/reg this time

• hpa stock for the MTW (milspec thread)
  • 33g co2 stock with an AEG fitting for an in transit DMR

My understanding is that I should be able to switch between co2 and 13ci bottle on both guns by switching the stock arms?

• Supporters
On 22/02/2021 at 17:28, lukeB said:

The announcement of lock down dates has me excited for airsoft again.

Having had a bad experience with a Wolverine co2 stock (Aeg), I'm having another go.

I've opted for Polarstar UGS stocks/reg this time

• hpa stock for the MTW (milspec thread)
  • 33g co2 stock with an AEG fitting for an in transit DMR

My understanding is that I should be able to switch between co2 and 13ci bottle on both guns by switching the stock arms?

What was the issue with the Wraith stock?

I just had so many different air leaks. 

This was on an AEG with the dual source adapter not the MTW. 

I'd get the co2 working nicely, then I'd run hpa for a couple of weeks, then going back to co2 it would be leaking.

When it was working it was great.

Part of the problem with the setup in my opinion is that the reg and co2 adapter is a combined device that sits inside the provided buffer tube, which then has to create an air seal around it.  The front of the buffer becomes a pressurized chamber.

The other thing I didn't like was that the macro line isn't really attached to anything, you just poke it through a hole in the stock adapter which creates a seal around it. A bit like a nozzle sitting on a piston head.

If your macro line is not stiff enough, it will kink into your gearbox shell and get pushed out by the pressure, resulting in an instant co2 dump.  They do provide a small section of thicker line in the package for this.

I suspect they designed it this way so that you could slide the reg/c02 out of the buffer tube without needing to open your receiver to detach the macroline or remove the buffer.

The main benefit of the wraith co2 is that it's the cleanest looking solution, you can't tell it's hpa.  The compromise seems to be the buffer tube design as that's where all my leaks were.

The UGS with co2 won't look anywhere near as good due to the receiver adapter, but hopefully I should have less issues with the separate reg - co2 chamber design.

image.png.f53a051df02d741f810b5219c0096210.png

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.