Quiet Airsoft Pistol for Homeshooting

SouthAS

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello everyone, Im SouthAS and I’m from Germany, my English isn’t as good as yours and it will be broken from time to time but I try my best to write as good as I can. I’m completely new to airsoft but I know a little bit already. Alrighty, let’s start the Topic. 

In my Area aren’t any Airsofthalls or fields nor are there any teams I could join, but Airsoft Pistols have always fascinated me and I find them really interesting and cool. That’s why I plan to do some target shooting at home. The problem is, that I don’t have my own house but live in a rent house with the a neighbor and the house owner, they live below me (I live on the highest, in the middle is the House owner and below is the neighbor) and I’m looking for a gun that is quiet enough to not make them alarmed like „omg, I hear gun shots, it’s a real one! I better call the police.“ and ideally outside the house and on the street there shouldn’t be any shot hearable. 

I already tried an AEP but it was very loud, no one has complained about this one shot nor has anyone called the cops on me but I’m sure if I would have kept it instead of returning it soon, they’d do that. Now I’m looking for a really quiet gun. do you have some recommendations? 

Note: 

I know that this is an UK-Forum, but I want to let the Readers now that some Guns aren’t available here and we aren’t allowed to import Airsoft Guns as they have to have the „F“-Sign. 

• Supporters

the classic response to this would be the tm mk23, although there are other non-blowback pistols available which presumably could also be made very quiet.

not sure on if the mk23 has the f mark on it, but it should be ok for german fps limits, you probably know better than i do but if i recall it's 1j for single shot and 0.5j for auto?

it's a pretty common gun, so i reckon you shouldn't have much issue finding one.

the blowback type pistols are pretty much universally loud, especially if you consider an aep to be loud. only one i can think off the top of my head is the WE Ct25 which isn't so much quiet as it sounds like a champagne cork being popped.

12 minutes ago, SouthAS said:

Hello everyone, Im SouthAS and I’m from Germany, my English isn’t as good as yours and it will be broken from time to time but I try my best to write as good as I can. I’m completely new to airsoft but I know a little bit already. Alrighty, let’s start the Topic. 

In my Area aren’t any Airsofthalls or fields nor are there any teams I could join, but Airsoft Pistols have always fascinated me and I find them really interesting and cool. That’s why I plan to do some target shooting at home. The problem is, that I don’t have my own house but live in a rent house with the a neighbor and the house owner, they live below me (I live on the highest, in the middle is the House owner and below is the neighbor) and I’m looking for a gun that is quiet enough to not make them alarmed like „omg, I hear gun shots, it’s a real one! I better call the police.“ and ideally outside the house and on the street there shouldn’t be any shot hearable. 

I already tried an AEP but it was very loud, no one has complained about this one shot nor has anyone called the cops on me but I’m sure if I would have kept it instead of returning it soon, they’d do that. Now I’m looking for a really quiet gun. do you have some recommendations? 

Note: 

I know that this is an UK-Forum, but I want to let the Readers now that some Guns aren’t available here and we aren’t allowed to import Airsoft Guns as they have to have the „F“-Sign. 

The TM Mk23 Non-blowback is one of the quietest airsoft guns you can own. ASG distribute a clone that should be available in Germany.

*edit: @Adolf Hamsterbeat me to it by 30 seconds.*

This is almost certainly from the same factory as the ASG version:

https://www.begadi.com/airsoft-guns/above0-5j/gas-co2/kurzwaffen/hk-series/y-p-m23-gas-nbb-version-frei-ab-18-j.html

27 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

the classic response to this would be the tm mk23, although there are other non-blowback pistols available which presumably could also be made very quiet.

not sure on if the mk23 has the f mark on it, but it should be ok for german fps limits, you probably know better than i do but if i recall it's 1j for single shot and 0.5j for auto?

it's a pretty common gun, so i reckon you shouldn't have much issue finding one.

the blowback type pistols are pretty much universally loud, especially if you consider an aep to be loud. only one i can think off the top of my head is the WE Ct25 which isn't so much quiet as it sounds like a champagne cork being popped.

Yes, I think you’re right with the Law Part. I had a Cyma 132 and this one sounded very loud to me, but no popping sound but rather like „Boom“.  The Tokyo Marui MK23 isn’t available in Germany and no longer will unfortunately, but we would have some clones like Novritsch SSX23, ASG MK23 Special Operations. 

26 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

The TM Mk23 Non-blowback is one of the quietest airsoft guns you can own. ASG distribute a clone that should be available in Germany.

*edit: @Adolf Hamsterbeat me to it by 30 seconds.*

This is almost certainly from the same factory as the ASG version:

https://www.begadi.com/airsoft-guns/above0-5j/gas-co2/kurzwaffen/hk-series/y-p-m23-gas-nbb-version-frei-ab-18-j.html

Yes, we have this one and two other clones. But would I as a women have issues to fire it, as it is rather big? 

Hi @SouthAS

Yes the SSX23 is a good choice and quiet. When you practice be sure to have a box filled with old t-shirt or foam and cut a square of cardboard from front and cover hole with thin paper upon which you have drawn a target. This helps to keep noise of bb impact down. 

alternatively you could get a baretta m9 and turn radio up loud.😉

Your written English is excellent and yes you would have no problem firing one.🙂

Regards 

hello @Shamal, that’s a good advice. Thank you very much, well it isn’t as good with some words, like I don’t know what a Loadout is. The SSX23 sounds very good to me, but what keeps me considering is the price. It’s 135€ and most likely I’d also need the Silencer which adds another 35€, oh and Gas. 

Just now, SouthAS said:

hello @Shamal, that’s a good advice. Thank you very much, well it isn’t as good with some words, like I don’t know what a Loadout is. The SSX23 sounds very good to me, but what keeps me considering is the price. It’s 135€ and most likely I’d also need the Silencer which adds another 35€, oh and Gas. 

Welcome the never ending money pit that is airsoft haha. You might be able to pick up a cheaper 2nd hand model if you look about 

1 minute ago, SouthAS said:

A load out is the gear you wear to hold mags and radios and other stuff. Like a vest really.

The ssx23 should have suppressor with it?

Gas isn't too expensive and will last for some time with just a pistol.👍

Regards 

@GenuineGerman that would be absolutely fine, as long as I could return it, when it shouldn’t be quiet enough. 

@Shamal Oh, that makes a lot of Sense. I definitely don’t have it yet. Well, if I can get the chance to play in a hall or on a field I’ll get some of course. No, you’ll just get the pistol, mag and a coffin, the suppressor on the Novritsch must be bought separately. 

2 minutes ago, SouthAS said:

@GenuineGerman that would be absolutely fine, as long as I could return it, when it shouldn’t be quiet enough. 

@Shamal Oh, that makes a lot of Sense. I definitely don’t have it yet. Well, if I can get the chance to play in a hall or on a field I’ll get some of course. 

You don't have to. You can wear what you like so long as you have eye protection and your arms and legs are covered to protect skin. Good strong boots are best if playing outside. Face protection is up to you but eye protection is compulsory.

Just wear what you are comfortable in until the gear gremlins get ya then look out! Lol

Regards 

Ps check out @GAMBLEon the tube. He has some great advice.👍

37 minutes ago, heroshark said:

Could get a spring gun. Quiet, cheap and good for plinking in the house.

Definitely try this out too. 

I'm a big lover of spring guns. I have ordered a good few off the German shop kotte Zeller  as they have a great selection. If you have any questions I can point you towards a good one.

8 minutes ago, heroshark said:

I'm a big lover of spring guns. I have ordered a good few off the German shop kotte Zeller  as they have a great selection. If you have any questions I can point you towards a good one.

I wouldn’t have expected that someone likes them. I know Kotte-Zeller, I have ordered some Targets, BBs (ASG Standard 0,20) and some Protection Glasses from them yet. Sure, as it is always good to have a plan b, let’s do that. I highly appreciate your help (and of course the help of all forumers, I feel so welcome here!) 

Guten Tag,

The big big advantage of the Marui Mk23 pistol is that it’s practically very quiet compared to blowback pistols. It comes with a silencer and when that is screwed on the sound it makes is like a ‘thud’. There is also a hammer sound but it’s not loud. The ‘thud’ sound is very bass like so it actually sounds like you are dropping a book onto a carpeted floor. It really is that muffled. 

AA1EEA7B-EEB6-4AB1-8EFA-8633561BD744.jpeg

• Supporters

There are other nbb pistols out there, for example the ics makarov. Anything nbb with a big foam-filled suppressor on the end should be pretty subtle.

Although sounds like herosharks springer plan might be more viable.

@Adolf Hamster I’ve ordered a spring as Plan B a week ago. It is a KWC Sig Sauer SP2022, it arrived today and yet no neighbor complained. The only issue I have with it, is that when I pull the upper part (don’t know the English word for that), it doesn’t move the hammer up and it only shoots without bbs coming out. When I just pull the upper part back and move the hammer up with my hands instead, it is the same. When I then checked the Magazine, the only thing these dry shots caused was bbs flying on the group from the magazine. 

Of course it would be great if the spring gun would work in terms of the neighbors, but if it would be quiet enough I’d totally love to try an NBB, as I wouldn’t have to move the upper part after each shot. 

• Supporters

Upper part=slide.

Cant really help on the misfeeding side of things, dont use springers so dont really know where it could be jamming.

Your using a good enough brand of bb so dont think its that.

Trying to recall but as well as the mk23 (or the asg/novritsch clones which for your purposes are fine) and the ics makarov there was another nbb style pistol, i wanna say src made it? Maybe someone can remember.

Thank you. I hope someone can help me with that issue on my springer. In all the YouTube Videos I saw, there wasnt this issue. 

4 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Upper part=slide.

Cant really help on the misfeeding side of things, dont use springers so dont really know where it could be jamming.

Your using a good enough brand of bb so dont think its that.

Trying to recall but as well as the mk23 (or the asg/novritsch clones which for your purposes are fine) and the ics makarov there was another nbb style pistol, i wanna say src made it? Maybe someone can remember.

Might be thinking of the KJW MK1/2, the ruger style job?

Being in Germany with your retarded F mark, I suggest the SSX-23.

Reason being it seems to have a thinner grip than the TM/STTI ones, so if you have "normal" sized female hands it'll be just a tiny bit less uncomfortable to grip.

Unfortunately it does NOT come with a suppressor and it might require some work right out of the box (most likely check the alignment of parts because mine was atrocious).

Regarding suppressors, either the Novritsch one or @Samurai

as it is just as effective but comes in a much shorter (and stylish) size. Even at sub 1J it still has stupid range provided you use *at least* 0.3g bbs and it's a perfectly skirmishable gun on its own (I have had a couple of games where my primaries died and I had to use the mk23, still had tons of fun literally sniping people) whenever you find a field or club to play with :)

Have a look at the Maruzen Walther P99 Non Blowback; usually comes with a suppressor. They're quiet and also have awesome range for pistols. Not sure how they do compared to the TM mk23.

At my local site, theres a guy that runs 2 of these (akimbo style) and is known as the Anzio hitman and he is very quiet, absolute nightmare to play against!

On 27/02/2021 at 10:21, THE FNG said:

Have a look at the Maruzen Walther P99 Non Blowback; usually comes with a suppressor. They're quiet and also have awesome range for pistols. Not sure how they do compared to the TM mk23.

At my local site, theres a guy that runs 2 of these (akimbo style) and is known as the Anzio hitman and he is very quiet, absolute nightmare to play against!

It’s an awesome weapon but it’s the same as with the TM MK23, it’s forever unavailable in Germany, it is available overseas but our weapon laws don’t allow us to purchase a gun with above 0,5 J that doesn’t have the „F“-Sign already when being purchased, which isn’t the case by weapons from overseas. 

On 27/02/2021 at 09:46, Skara said:

Being in Germany with your retarded F mark, I suggest the SSX-23.

Reason being it seems to have a thinner grip than the TM/STTI ones, so if you have "normal" sized female hands it'll be just a tiny bit less uncomfortable to grip.

Unfortunately it does NOT come with a suppressor and it might require some work right out of the box (most likely check the alignment of parts because mine was atrocious).

Regarding suppressors, either the Novritsch one or @Samurai

as it is just as effective but comes in a much shorter (and stylish) size. Even at sub 1J it still has stupid range provided you use *at least* 0.3g bbs and it's a perfectly skirmishable gun on its own (I have had a couple of games where my primaries died and I had to use the mk23, still had tons of fun literally sniping people) whenever you find a field or club to play with :)

Yes I think so too. I really hate that „F“-Sign - Law. I just wish there would be a used one available as the shiny new one is 135€ and then I’d need still a foamy suppressor and Gas as well as heavier bbs (yet I only have 0,20g Bbs). 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.