Return to Airsoft

DRay

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

20 hours ago, Shamal said:

Yes but by having jabby jab I'm only protecting myself not anyone else. The jab is not a cure or am I missing something?

Latest findings from Israel's data show that the Pfizer cuts transmission by over 90%, and the Oxford/AZ one by two thirds in another study. Both of these are yet to be peer reviewed as far as i know.

In other news, Gyms are opening again soon!! Means i need to get back in shape before i go, much like people tidy up before the cleaner comes over...

20 hours ago, Shamal said:

It's still discrimination on medical/belief grounds.

Regards 

Discrimination on medical grounds is still perfectly legal in the UK, unless you can drag disability or religion into it and unless youre a Jehova's nut job, no other religion bands vaccinations. In fact the Vatican has made it mandatory for all its staff to be vaccinated (so much for trusting in God for protection)

Schools, nurseies etc are allowed to refuse pupils who haven't had MMR etc

1 hour ago, MadMole said:

Discrimination on medical grounds is still perfectly legal in the UK

Err don't think so lol

25 minutes ago, Shamal said:

Err don't think so lol

These are the legally protected characteristics under UK law. Medical isn't in there

• being married or in a civil partnership
  • being pregnant or on maternity leave
  • disability
  • race including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin
  • religion or belief
  • sex
  • sexual orientation

• Supporters
1 minute ago, MadMole said:

These are the legally protected characteristics under UK law. Medical isn't in there

• disability
  • religion or belief
  • sex
  • sexual orientation

Yep, but when your subject to any of the above & discriminated, try proving it lol

8 minutes ago, MadMole said:

• disability
  • religion or belief
  • sex
  • sexual orientation

So what is disability if its not medical.

You can't be refused service for not wearing a mask if you are exempt for medical reasons.if you are it's classed as discrimination

• Supporters
14 minutes ago, Shamal said:

if it sounds bad to discriminate against people for carrying (or in this century potentially carrying/refusing to be immunised against) infectious diseases then my advice- don't look at the history of the human race, because ostracising people who carry infectious disease is something humanity has been doing for as long as it's existed.

besides, businesses can still discriminate (within reason) based on disability if the role in question cannot be adapted to accommodate. for example nobody in a wheelchair is going to be a firefighter, nobody who is registered blind is going to be an airline pilot etc etc.

17 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

if it sounds bad to discriminate against people for carrying (or in this century potentially carrying/refusing to be immunised against) infectious diseases then my advice- don't look at the history of the human race, because ostracising people who carry infectious disease is something humanity has been doing for as long as it's existed.

besides, businesses can still discriminate (within reason) based on disability if the role in question cannot be adapted to accommodate. for example nobody in a wheelchair is going to be a firefighter, nobody who is registered blind is going to be an airline pilot etc etc.

Depression, a medical condition which is treated with medicine(drugs),does not preclude you from being afforded the same opportunities as any 'normal' person.

If you are not given same considerations then its discrimination.

Just now, Shamal said:

Depression, a medical condition which is treated with medicine(drugs),does not preclude you from being afforded the same opportunities as any 'normal' person.

But yes a person in a wheelchair is not gonna be a fire fighter but can still work in the fire service

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, Shamal said:

of course, there are different levels of disability, and many can (with adjustments/medication etc) be rendered inconsequential, hence the legal requirement for an employer to make "reasonable adjustment" (which ranges wildly depending on the specific role and disability involved).

17 minutes ago, Shamal said:

But yes a person in a wheelchair is not gonna be a fire fighter but can still work in the fire service

absolutely, the same way a blind person can work for an airline, just not as a pilot. the point was that certain roles can refuse to employ people with certain disabilities because it's impossible to adjust the role to allow them to do it.

i'm not seeing the paralell with the original conversation though.

47 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

of course, there are different levels of disability, and many can (with adjustments/medication etc) be rendered inconsequential, hence the legal requirement for an employer to make "reasonable adjustment" (which ranges wildly depending on the specific role and disability involved).

absolutely, the same way a blind person can work for an airline, just not as a pilot. the point was that certain roles can refuse to employ people with certain disabilities because it's impossible to adjust the role to allow them to do it.

i'm not seeing the paralell with the original conversation though.

No quite agree. Main point has been forgotten and perhaps that's for the good of entant cordial.

I can see all the points you all are throwing at me and I do know that what you are saying makes sense. But I quess I'm an ornery old sod who never goes down without a fight even when I know I'm fighting a loosing battle! Lol.

Been a good debate but now I think I should just lay down and lick my wounds but I won't be taking up a NHS bed while I do lol

And I may very well change my views in the future but it has to be on my terms.😉

Regards 

Soon, I think, soon.

If not I shall sell up and start doing knitting!

Regards 

On 20/02/2021 at 19:21, DaktariT said:

We better be in luck as my garden has more disguarded BBs than a Airsoft field. The missus still thinks we've got snow on the ground.

and i thought MY garden wasbd...   lol

On 21/02/2021 at 12:29, Paladin said:

You think that idiot has an actual coherent plan!? 😱

he doesnt. hes a prat...    this is the same man that manages to fuck up using a zipline...   so how can anyone trust him to run a country?

On 21/02/2021 at 12:45, Speedbird_666 said:

Many errors have been made - no doubt about it - but I very much doubt the opposition would have done any better.

maybe, maybe not..  we will never know..  but personally i dont think they could have done much worse

On 21/02/2021 at 16:25, Asomodai said:

Sadly my crazy elderly battleaxe Grandmother has been very unlucky as shes currently battling the Bristol Covid Variant despite having her first Pfizer vaccine 4 weeks ago. Shes doing... ok. But it's touch and go. We'll know in a few days time. 

I have also been informed that my estranged Father has caught it. Hes an ass, but I wouldn't wish it on him. Mixed emotions. 

sorry to hear that.  hopefully they get better soon

On 21/02/2021 at 16:48, Tackle said:

options are "who do I pick from this bunch of self serving twats", I've yet to see a politician or party that had the best interests of the population at heart...........👿

truer words have never been spoken before

On 22/02/2021 at 12:03, DRay said:

That sounds like airsoft to me! 

Especially the ‘children’s sport’ because let’s be honest no one who runs round with a £200 toy can claim to be an adult. 

yes we can, dammit...    wether we can be CALLED adults is a different story though
but we can still claim to be adults XD

On 22/02/2021 at 20:48, Shamal said:

Sunny Sunday morning. People strolling slowly to church.

Man runs past the happy families.

Close on his heels 👠 is a mob of baseball ️ bat weilding angry folk."He has not been jabbed"they cry. "Stop him"

"Fuck Church" say the happy people,"this is more interesting!"

Sorry but this is what I forsee,although maybe a bit dramatic but in essence true to type.

🙂👍

Regards 

sadly, you may not be too far from the truth there

18 hours ago, Shamal said:

You can't be refused service for not wearing a mask if you are exempt for medical reasons.if you are it's classed as discrimination

A disability can be medical agreed, but a medical condition is not automatically a disability and that's where your argument fails

Perfectly legal for a shop to refuse to service anyone they want to as long as it's not on the grounds listed above and a medical condition like asthma is NOT a disability.  Its reasonable for them to not refuse service for non mask wearers if they have a legitimate excuse (and note most of those not wearing masks DO NOT have a legitimate medical excuse other than selfishness). As there is no absolute legal definition of what constitutes a medical reason to not wear a mask (just guidlines) there is lots of room for interpretation. Plenty of shops round here with signs saying no mask, no service for any reason

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, Brophy said:

I think we'll all have medical conditions after going back after lockdown. 

Just saw this that patrol base just posted.  😂😂

FB_IMG_1614173238612.jpg.c362395b791abf88aab3fcb51f1583c6.jpg

Lol, I was like that before lockdown, I might need an armoured mobility scooter for my next game

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.