Upgraded My Mk23 With Maple Leaf Crazy Jet 250mm

Bunny87

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, I have an TM mk23 and have installed the maple leaf crazy jet 250mm with the 50° autobot, the H arm and tdc from hadron also. Any gueses as to what fps I should be getting with all this fitted at all? 

Suppose I will have to use heavier bb's than the recommended 0.25g TM recommended to stay within the 350 fps 

• Supporters
49 minutes ago, Bunny87 said:

Suppose I will have to use heavier bb's than the recommended 0.25g TM recommended to stay within the 350 fps 

that's not how fps works.

even worse when you take into account the effects of joule creep extended over a longer barrel.

my advice- if you're gonna do stuff like this buy a chrono so you can be sure yourself, and do some reading on the difference between fps and joules.

It's not about fps its about Joules (power) . Most sites work to 350 fps measured with .2g BBs for guns capable of full auto fire , 

Adolf Hamster just beet me to it ! 🤣

21 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

that's not how fps works.

even worse when you take into account the effects of joule creep extended over a longer barrel.

my advice- if you're gonna do stuff like this buy a chrono so you can be sure yourself, and do some reading on the difference between fps and joules.

Please listen to this advice.

If you sit at 350 fps with .25g BBs, that is equivalent to firing .20g BBs at just over 390 FPS.

As the fact that using heavier bbs to bring down the fps is cheating the chrono has already been covered, I'll ignore it. 

We can't give you an estimated fps as it would depend on other variables like what gas you're using and the ambient air temperature

At a guess, going by my experience, you're likely going to be well-over the limit, especially come summer if using green gas. 

I have a TM MK23 with a similar set-up, except the barrel is a 150mm crazy jet. 

On that I could be coming in around 1.2 - 1.3J, so a 250 is almost certainly going to be over. 

You could maybe try running it on 144a or nuprol 1.0 gas to stay at a safe power, but I've no experience on these gases I'm afraid. 

• Supporters
18 minutes ago, Captain Darling said:

I’m still not understanding this current craze where people want their pistol to shoot further than their long gun?

in the op's case i think he's simply misunderstanding/underestimating exactly what he's trying to do.

however as a more widespread thing i guess it's a case of people reckoning that a long-gun being handier for snap-shooting is more practical in up-close engagements whereas a longer range engagement where you have time to aim allows passable performance with a pistol.

kind of flipping the dmr/sidearm paradigm on it's head.

2 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

in the op's case i think he's simply misunderstanding/underestimating exactly what he's trying to do.

however as a more widespread thing i guess it's a case of people reckoning that a long-gun being handier for snap-shooting is more practical in up-close engagements whereas a longer range engagement where you have time to aim allows passable performance with a pistol.

kind of flipping the dmr/sidearm paradigm on it's head.

Yes, sounds like typical airsoft logic. Personally I much prefer the speed of a pistol in one hand and an impact grenade in the other if I’m in a building sneaking about.  The mk23 is lovely and quiet and all that, but generally without a stock or scope I find it best up to 20 metres or so.  So sub 350 FPS. I know they’ll go miles if needed, and the new Novbitch 303 looks interesting, but it’s yet another ball ache for the marshalls to try and police MED with. I hear a lot of talk of DMR’s from novice players, and this is falling into that grey area of hot gun territory. 

The OP’s mk23 sounds nicely set up hop wise, and my honest advice to new players, or most players really is I’d keep it sub 350. The extra FPS doesn’t really get you loads more, but the risk of shooting under the 20/30 metre MED and annoying everybody is tiresome.  I find this perceived range advantage particularly telling with Marui guns, where you can go a long way on lowish power.

I have recently done similar to my Mk23 

Standard length CJ barrel

Flamingo 50deg hop

Hadron tdc & H key

Hitting 260 FPS with .2’s

now hop adjusted for .4’s

Hitting quite accurately at 60m, hitting a human sized target 70% of the time at 70m

But chucking them 80m 

5 hours ago, Captain Darling said:

About 400 ish FPS, so well over. You need a shorter barrel - I have a 180mm that’s over site limits on propane at anything over 10 degrees C.  

I’m still not understanding this current craze where people want their pistol to shoot further than their long gun?

I guess it's a cheap way for some to make their pistol into a sniper!. The amount of people using printed DMR kits is insane. They stick a long barrel on and wallop they have sub 400fps DMR's!!!!! 

@Bunny87your MK23 will be way over the site limit pal. Unless you intend to use it as a DMR then DMR rules will apply. 

• Supporters
9 hours ago, Captain Darling said:

Yes, sounds like typical airsoft logic. Personally I much prefer the speed of a pistol in one hand and an impact grenade in the other if I’m in a building sneaking about.  The mk23 is lovely and quiet and all that, but generally without a stock or scope I find it best up to 20 metres or so.  So sub 350 FPS. I know they’ll go miles if needed, and the new Novbitch 303 looks interesting, but it’s yet another ball ache for the marshalls to try and police MED with. I hear a lot of talk of DMR’s from novice players, and this is falling into that grey area of hot gun territory. 

The OP’s mk23 sounds nicely set up hop wise, and my honest advice to new players, or most players really is I’d keep it sub 350. The extra FPS doesn’t really get you loads more, but the risk of shooting under the 20/30 metre MED and annoying everybody is tiresome.  I find this perceived range advantage particularly telling with Marui guns, where you can go a long way on lowish power.

i must admit it is one of the few liberating elements of a flat 1j limit, doesnt matter what the gat is if it's kosher and someone pops just in front of you just blast em.

I have ran my mk as a DMP for a long time. Similar length barrel running 400fps under 2j iirc. It shoots a little further but the main benefit is hitting harder at range. I often carry in combination with pistols only but sometimes with a small aeg. It's light and manureable only disadvantages is less stability . Some places/scenario's are not ok with it but I ask before. I think it's not an issue as long as people respect the rules and know what they have. From a Marshall pov a mk23 DMP and any gun thats been bought up to dmr are just as hard to differentiate. The onus as it's always been lay heavily on the players.IMG_20201026_122945_873.jpg.606c2d046722fda8830dc02093106894.jpg

I like the idea of the carbine kits myself as suddenly you have a modular platform (well almost unless you have a spare barrel and hop unit which you can swap between standard and mental length).  The 3d printer has allowed people to become creative and suddenly everyone is a prop designer in their own bedroom. Anyway, back to the point in hand.... if the alleged RIF is shooting over 350fps then it should be classed as a DMR / DMP and should be subject to a Airsoft sites  DMR / DMP  policy/rules.. of course it can't look like a pistol and this is where the crux of the argument is. 

image.png.283820cbf083caf4d883030623628932.png

2 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Anyway, back to the point in hand.... if the alleged RIF is shooting over 350fps then it should be classed as a DMR and should be subject to a Airsoft sites  DMR policy/rules.. of course it can't look like a pistol and this is where the crux of the argument is. 

image.png.283820cbf083caf4d883030623628932.png

This is my answer to the argument 😁IMG_7380.thumb.JPG.854096c715b930f6f47739f900a4981c.JPG

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Captain Darling said:

How many Mars bars can you fit in that fake mag?  4 or 5 at a push?

think it's too narrow for a mars bar, but if you went with fudge bars it's like 20 rounds for an mg13 mag?

One of those strange intermediate multi pack size ones produced for pound land to illicit a vale of better value.

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, heroshark said:

One of those strange intermediate multi pack size ones produced for pound land to illicit a vale of better value.

didn't think of those, the intermediate caliber of the chocolate world.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.