Suggest Me an Smg!

HuttArmouries

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I have a whole bunch of aep parts and a friend with a 3d printer and im looking to build myself a nice sidearm/smg. Specifically something that takes the magazine in the grip. Ive been looking around but nothing has really cought my eye apart from the sr2 vikhr and that stock looks rather difficult to do. Anyone got any suggestgeons for other guns I could realistically build? 

are you looking real weapon? or videogame/sci-fi/anime etc fictional gun?

you looking for real gun suggestions?  or videogame/sci-fi/anime etc fictional gun?

Just now, Spartan09 said:

you looking for real gun suggestions?  or videogame/sci-fi/anime etc fictional gun?

Anything cool looking raelly. I have an erring towards stamped steel cold war looking things but anything interesting

1 minute ago, rocketdogbert said:

Im looking more for dedicated smgs. 

• Supporters

Mag in the pistol grip & very cool, sounds to me like you just described the Uzi.

How about reworking the Uzi design with a modern or sci-fi twist ?

Just now, Tackle said:

Mag in the pistol grip & very cool, sounds to me like you just described the Uzi.

How about reworking the Uzi design with a modern or sci-fi twist ?

You mean a minebea? 😆
aka the anime uzi 

machsakai_mdncorp_pm9.jpg

2 minutes ago, Spartan09 said:

well, for real steel, stamped steel and mag in grip,  there dont appear to be many options.
a couple that meet your requirements;

Looking through that its beginning to like like Ill have to bite the bullet and build the versek

11 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Or how about this??

Afraid im more looking for stuff which isnt made for airsoft right now. If I wanted to build this in the future I could just buy the existing mac 10 aep. Thanks for the suggestgeon anyway. 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Spartan09 said:

Looking through them, nothing there screams "build me", I know they're all real steel but all are a bit "agricultural" ?.

I'd like to see something sci-fi ?

2 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Looking through them, nothing there screams "build me", I know they're all real steel but all are a bit "agricultural" ?.

I'd like to see something sci-fi ?

Ive vaugely been doodling some cyberpunk style pistols that would fit the gearbox. 

Thing is aeps are cheap. I can always build both. and Right now im going heavy into russian kit so the versek makes sense

Im mainly looking to have something holsterable hence the mag in the grip requirement. 

IMG_5960.JPG

IMG_5959.JPG

SR2? I mean pretty useless in it’s true form but as an airsoft SMG it could look very very cool. 

You could incorporate a sliding stock too if you are pretty well making it up as you go along. 

Think ive more or less decided what im going to do. 

Going to build a big scifi looking machine pistol. folded sheet steel upper reciever with a plastic pistolgrip and trigger guard. Then when I get my hands on another boneyard aep ill build the versek 

IMG_5962.JPG

There will be more to it than this. Probably a sliding stock of some sort and a ported barrel. I have some 800mah 7.4 lipos that will fit under the barrel. Should make for a very slim pistol. not sure if ill add picatinny rails or not. 

2 hours ago, HuttArmouries said:

I dont have a 3d printer im afraid. 

You literarily stated in your opening post you had access to a 3d printer 

"So I have a whole bunch of aep parts and a friend with a 3d printer" 

An sr2 actually exists and it's made by NPO. Was tempted to buy one in the past but it was only in full auto...

tbh, not really much point in using an aep gearbox since the pistols with them are pretty much as compact as things get, albiet with low power.

37 minutes ago, BigStew said:

You literarily stated in your opening post you had access to a 3d printer 

"So I have a whole bunch of aep parts and a friend with a 3d printer" 

I meant more for hop units and spacers and such. A full smg kit is a bit beyond what their machine can reliably do.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.