Grenades

jrgllgr

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All,

I've recently picked up some TI Atoms after getting a decent deal on them - not sure they are going to fit my purpose as I mostly play at 'open air/outdoor' CQB fields (I feel they may be good in an enclosed area, but not for my application most likely).

Currently looking at an alternatives, was wondering what peoples go to recomendations on the Quakes, Dynatex or the Swat VTG is, currently I'm swayed to the VTG but just wanted to see what the go too recommendation is?

And also not 100% sure what size blanks would/should be used, as it seems most grenades come with an adapter from a .209 up to a shotgun blank

Thank you

• Supporters

I'd run a search on the forum for Swat VTG and read some of the threads before you settle on that one.

You cannot buy SWAT VTG new anymore (even though the website is still up)

If you find a second hand one it should be good but age may affect its reliability.

The VTG usually comes with adapters for 209 primers, 9mm rimmed and 12g blanks.

If you do find one I would advise to only use the 209 blanks because the 9mm can be dangerous for hearing and the 12g are outright banned at all sites.

I think the best option would be a Dynatex timed grenade which uses the 209's that are cheap and plenty loud enough.

I would agree the swat vtg is a good grenade got mine just before the supplier stopped fufilling orders

49 minutes ago, EDcase said:

12g are outright banned at all sites.

Im actually allowed to use 12g at my site but after testing one i wouldnt do that to someone

Wow, I'm surprised you're allowed to use 12g blanks.  (Duno if I'd want to play there)

Glad to hear you are sensible enough not to use em.

I can imagine a lawsuit for hearing loss if they're used even in woodland.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, EDcase said:

Wow, I'm surprised you're allowed to use 12g blanks.  (Duno if I'd want to play there)

Glad to hear you are sensible enough not to use em.

I can imagine a lawsuit for hearing loss if they're used even in woodland.

I once posted one in to a pillbox containing 6 players, everybody took their "hit" 🤣

Although they look like fun, without ear protection, these things would surely rupture your eardrums (skip to the 4min mark for the fun bit).

1 hour ago, Steveocee said:

Woodland site near me allows you to use 12G & Magflash. Not the nicest things when you're in a shipping container and one comes round the corner.

31 minutes ago, Tackle said:

I once posted one in to a pillbox containing 6 players, everybody took their "hit" 🤣

Jeez, I'll bet they took their hits.  Probably shouted 'MEDIC!!!' right after ☠️

8 minutes ago, CrackCommandoUnit1972 said:

Although they look like fun, without ear protection, these things would surely rupture your eardrums (skip to the 4min mark for the fun bit).

"Its a cold flash"  🤣

185dB..... I duno if I'd keep my cool if someone threw one of those at me.

Plus there's the cost factor.  The 209s are less than 10p per throw

8 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Jeez, I'll bet they took their hits.  Probably shouted 'MEDIC!!!' right after

"Its a cold flash"   What a load of bollocks 🤣

I duno if I'd keep my cool if someone threw one of those at me.

Might be difficult to keep your underpants clean if one of them went off by your feet.

I run 2 Dynatex timed

One in 9mm and the other normally in 12g flavour

Allowed the 12g at our site (if it re opens after COVID)

Being sensible just using the 9mm through a window, the bigger one just for open spaces in the woodland 👍

again, wouldn’t like it at my feet thought 😬😂

• Supporters

1 hour ago, EDcase said:

Jeez, I'll bet they took their hits.  Probably shouted 'MEDIC!!!' right after ☠️

To be fair, it was probably 12-15 years ago, didn't have the choices in primers etc, plus it was a bit more lax regards h&s, things blew up beside you, quick count of fingers & toes, & played on, while probably laughing manically 🤪

Normally I just use disposable pea grenades, but last month I picked up a timed dynatex which takes .209 primers and I intend to use a mixture of both. 

As you say you play at a woodland site I'd recommend avoiding the impact ones as they can be unreliable on soft ground

• Supporters

If your playing predominantly outdoor woodland/CQB I'd say dynatec timed at a push but make sure it’s well marked up so it really stands out(I use photo reactive glow tape all over mine)because they can just disappear in the blink of an eye even in the shortest of grass and undergrowth 😭 a multishot impact if there is any hard standing for it to land on and a couple of disposable bangs as well for heavier plant cover . Expensive to start from scratch but as long as you think before you throw and your not just flinging them left right AND center in the game they aren’t that bad a price to keep using .👍

3 hours ago, Tackle said:

to be fair, it was probably 12-15 years ago, didn't have the choices in primers etc, plus it was a bit more lax regards h&s, things blew up beside you, quick count of fingers & toes, & played on, while probably laughing manically 🤪

Years ago UCAP used to run game days and evening session down the tunnels above P’mouth every now and again where you could only play If you had hearing protection as basically any exploding pyro(within reason obviously) was allowed wether 9mm/12G/thermobaric/multi shot/ etc any thing that went bang was in play ! 🤪 ! 

14 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

make sure it’s well marked up so it really stands out

Thats pretty much why when i got my vtg which are impossible to get now i ordered a bright orange one for that reason, same with my impact oshiboom i make sure i have bright ones so there easier to retrieve later

I run a Dynatex timed grenade with 9mm's.. (Can use 12g if allowed) I also use EG67's disposable nades (if you can find them on sale)

My local site no longer allows the use of 9mm/12g blank firing nades due to my mate blowing himself up with a magflash and ending up in hospital...who the Hospital reported him to the Police, the old Bill turned up and all they said was..throw it further next time!  (What was worrying is that it was reported to HSE and they contacted our site and now blank firing nades are banned)  **He was running to a barricade with his TRMR magflash in his hand, tripped and set it off when he crashed into the barrier...I just pissed myself laughing.  He burned through his gloves and burnt his hand...he only went to hospital as he also chinned himself on his ARP9 and cut a 2" gash into his chin which needed glued.

Oh..I can use Dynatex 9mm's @ First & Only - The Outpost...they are cool with them and pretty load in the vast tunnel complex they have there.  Throwing a timed nade down a hallway to a intersection held by a squad, does wonders..beat's trying to fight for the intersection under a hail of Tracer BB's that looks like a mad starwars battle.

209 Blanks i've been told are similar to 9mm....

• Supporters
17 hours ago, CrackCommandoUnit1972 said:

Might be difficult to keep your underpants clean if one of them went off by your feet.

and this is why we wear earpro :P

plus you get the following side advantages:

-warm ears

-radio connectivity

-bb protection

-looking operator af

tbh i've given up on 'nades for airsoft, i'll occasionally dabble in disposable pyro but tbh i rarely get the opportunity to use it and when that rare chance comes i forget i have it :P

2 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

and this is why we wear earpro :P

plus you get the following side advantages:

-warm ears

-radio connectivity

-bb protection

-looking operator af

tbh i've given up on 'nades for airsoft, i'll occasionally dabble in disposable pyro but tbh i rarely get the opportunity to use it and when that rare chance comes i forget i have it :P

I have grown a beard over the lockdow. I look so Operator, I could start my own YouTube channel.

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, CrackCommandoUnit1972 said:

I have grown a beard over the lockdow. I look so Operator, I could start my own YouTube channel.

had a beard for as long as i could grow one proper, my face might be combat operator but sadly my gut somewhat spoils the effect :P

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.