Basic Lipo Protection Mosfet

concretesnail

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

morning all, i have an ares g36c which is gettig some work thrown in to it and i would like to be able to run it on lipos without having to run a voltage meter display thing. It also has the ares electronic trigger in it so a full V3 optical might not fit so didnt want to drop a load of funds on it. So really what i need, is an inline voltage piece that beeps for dectected voltage drops so i dont cripple a lipo. Anyone have any ideads as to what is about or recommend one they have used for similar safety measures?

if it's a EFCS-piece-of-wank you can use the programmer and set the battery protection to whatever voltage you're running.

4 hours ago, concretesnail said:

morning all, i have an ares g36c which is gettig some work thrown in to it and i would like to be able to run it on lipos without having to run a voltage meter display thing. It also has the ares electronic trigger in it so a full V3 optical might not fit so didnt want to drop a load of funds on it. So really what i need, is an inline voltage piece that beeps for dectected voltage drops so i dont cripple a lipo. Anyone have any ideads as to what is about or recommend one they have used for similar safety measures?

You mean a LiPo battery alarm? They are £3 posted from eBay. Plug into the balance plug of the LiPo, stick it in the foregrip of your G36. It'll beep if the cell voltage drops below 3.7v

image.png.ed4783f9e7369f5b8183a9dc15d97e94.png

4 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

You mean a LiPo battery alarm? They are £3 posted from eBay. Plug into the balance plug of the LiPo, stick it in the foregrip of your G36. It'll beep if the cell voltage drops below 3.7v

image.png.ed4783f9e7369f5b8183a9dc15d97e94.png

I have a few if these but they are tad tight so I was hoping for something much smaller, similar in size to the likes of a perun etu++ unit but without all the functions etc.

10 minutes ago, concretesnail said:

I have a few if these but they are tad tight so I was hoping for something much smaller, similar in size to the likes of a perun etu++ unit but without all the functions etc.

How about this one? - it's a smaller, inline version that plugs between the battery and gun:

image.png.e8484102f13451f26575a763b1a9c8f7.png

https://www.componentshop.co.uk/in-line-low-voltage-alarm-deans.html

6 hours ago, Skara said:

if it's a EFCS-piece-of-wank you can use the programmer and set the battery protection to whatever voltage you're running.

It has the efc but it is the earlier version rather than the later blue version, which is the same as the one as the honey badger had/have, and can be programmed. 

The information I found online stated that it is the blue efcs units could use the card.

To be fair it's been fine over the years and never stopped running and has performed well.

7 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

How about this one? - it's a smaller, inline version that plugs between the battery and gun:

image.png.e8484102f13451f26575a763b1a9c8f7.png

https://www.componentshop.co.uk/in-line-low-voltage-alarm-deans.html

That might be good. Thanks I'll have a closer look.

11 hours ago, concretesnail said:

Silly question here but do people cripple lipos?.I tried one of those alarms when I started using lipos was a PITA and would alarm at sustained auto fire due to the draw.

7 hours ago, snuff said:

Silly question here but do people cripple lipos?.I tried one of those alarms when I started using lipos was a PITA and would alarm at sustained auto fire due to the draw.

I have smoked lipos in the past, nit with airsoft use though, I'd rather be safe than sorry.

If your using the alarm.and it keeps sounding when your firing then the battery if suffering voltage drop.

This can often a symptom of the battery not being able to supply the amp draw that is being demanded  by the system. High C batteries are less susceptible to it but it will come down the setup as to how draw is being put on the battery.

3 minutes ago, concretesnail said:

I have smoked lipos in the past, nit with airsoft use though, I'd rather be safe than sorry.

If your using the alarm.and it keeps sounding when your firing then the battery if suffering voltage drop.

This can often a symptom of the battery not being able to supply the amp draw that is being demanded  by the system. High C batteries are less susceptible to it but it will come down the setup as to how draw is being put on the battery.

TBH, I have never run an alarm with my LiPos. Generally I switch packs during the lunch break. Never had an issue with over-discharge, but I do take a cell checker with me. When I switch LiPos at lunch there’s normally around 50% capacity left (2s 1300mAh Turnigy NanoTech), but it depends on how trigger happy you are.

Then when I get home, I storage charge then keep them in a bat-safe box. 

I don't recall seeing any being added to builds and I've never bought an AEG with one included,either new or used.Someone with more knowledge can propably tell us why.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.