Glock Slide Lock

Egoslave

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, I have a VFC Glock 17 Gen4.

When manually racking with an empty mag inserted the slide will lock back.

But it will not lock back on an empty mag when firing!

I’ve used two different, fully gassed mags. It happens on both. Any ideas what is causing this issue?

54C02D15-4C88-4593-BF73-B7CE05820929.jpeg

500F37E0-D5EA-413B-A5F0-C65C097C55CB.jpeg

B0B7D12A-2872-46C7-A2A5-F5F71844BB07.jpeg

809E7933-F13E-4FBB-A6CD-F58594F12F55.jpeg

Which gas are you using? Is the gun well cleaned and lubed? What temperature are you using it at? Does it happen if you fully gas the mag and only fill with a few BB's?

18 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Which gas are you using? Is the gun well cleaned and lubed? What temperature are you using it at? Does it happen if you fully gas the mag and only fill with a few BB's?

I’m using green gas. It’s clean and oiled. I’m testing it indoors. I’ve fully gassed the mags and tried it with two types of fully and partially loaded mags.

Like I say, it works manually but not when firing.

2 hours ago, Egoslave said:

I’m using green gas. It’s clean and oiled. I’m testing it indoors. I’ve fully gassed the mags and tried it with two types of fully and partially loaded mags.

Like I say, it works manually but not when firing.

There are a few things it could be possible mag catch is worn/sticking or mag followers. Most likely it's just not cycling fully. That could be something is out of alignment and catching.  It's light striking or there is something up with the gas router. Would start with field stripping it checking on Google image and see if everything looks right

I would say your hammer bearing is hanging up on the blow back unit.

Eventually it will get so bad the gun will likely cycle but not fire any bb’s. Fairly typical of VFC and WE glocks as they wear

1 hour ago, rocketdogbert said:

I would say your hammer bearing is hanging up on the blow back unit.

Eventually it will get so bad the gun will likely cycle but not fire any bb’s. Fairly typical of VFC and WE glocks as they wear

Shame it’s basically brand new 😳

Sadly, I'm having the same issue on my VFC/Umarex HK45. Brand new, the slide doesn't lock back, regardless of an empty mag that has/hasn't fired BBs

Resolved the issue, the little follower on the mag that pushes the slide catch up had stuck down. Check that yours is fully up possibly?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.