Need Advice / Help on Building a Metal Sig P226

Tabitha

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys and girls.

I'll try an keep this brief.

This coming Saturday (13th Feb) is going to be my birthday. It's not a standard age though. It's a very big, significant one and it's not joyous for me. (Born in 1981) Because of this, I want to put together a sidearm that means something very personal to me. A Sig Sauer P226.

I own a real steel SIG SP2022 chambered in 9mm. I wasn't able to receive a P226 at the time but I was able to request and purchase my 2022. 

What I'm looking to do is take one of Guarders' P226 metal frame and slide pairs and then use a TM P226 as a donor. 

My question is, given I will need a full P226 for a donor, would you suggest I simply purchase a TM P226 outright or is there a 'bin' of boneyard/parts that someone knows of or even a TM P226, working or broken that a member possesses that they would be willing/happy to purchase from them?

Thank you for patience reading my request.

(I've added a couple pictures of my SP2022 for anyone that's interested in SIGs first polymer framed pistol.)

20191019_031533.jpg

20191019_032159.jpg

OK. Donor ordered.

😺

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.