Airsoft Curious - Somerset

38super

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All

Been lurking for a while and thinking of giving airsoft a go as it looks like my kind of fun. 

Lifetime shooter, mostly RS and old enough to have shot with handguns when we used to be allowed.

Just got a custom TM Hi Capa for IPSC Action Air 'Open' shooting and this got me looking at Airsoft.

Played some scenario/milsim paintball way back (still got the marker and some kit). The Mall at Reading, Copehill Down, night ops at an old industrial estate were the best games. Always played with a 20 round hopper so never a 'real' paintballer. Couldn't afford a box fed marker back then. Accuracy first, never 'spray and pray'.

Favourite tactic - flanking or better still 'get behind them and shoot them in the back'.

Comfortable with the M4 format, totally love the feel of an MP5, CQB has to be handgun and Tech stuff is half the fun.

Looking for my first gun like every other newbie but not in a hurry.

That's me.

Advice, hints, tips or info always welcome.

Cheers

Rob

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

Welcome, and prepare for an empty bank account 🤣 it's adictive !

Nick

Hi @38super! 👋

Welcome to the forum, Good luck starting when it’s safe, hopefully soon! 🤞

Got plenty of time to get additional gear, for your loadout! 🔫😎👍

💷GAMBLE💷

Hello and hello again.

You have made a good choice of forums @38super.

All forms of humanity reside here ready and able to answer your every question.Not me though I just pull the trigger lol.

Oops nearly forgot. Check out @GAMBLE. He has a super smashing tube thingy full of fun and facts.👍🙂

Enjoy 

Regards 

Welcome Rob.

There's plenty of choice for the M4 and MP5 platforms with a wide price range so have a look around and read as much as you can.

First choice to look at will be Electric (AEG) or Gas (GBB) operated.

GBB is fun and closer to real but much more expensive to buy/use and limited ammo is a disadvantage in a game.

Hello and welcome. 
I started off as a reformed paint baller & lurker ( much like yourself)

fikle bunch in here, a couple of things I learned whilst here

1. Search before you ask

2. You don’t need a UKARA to own,  but do to buy (from a shop or diligent seller)

3. Don’t admit you like speedsoft or cnut pews 😬

4. Try not to end up on Maks Dreamers thread 😉

Enjoy the banter and hopefully you will get out when COVID lowers👍

Thanks all for the welcome.

I have loads of questions, mostly about accuracy but I'll drop those into the appropriate sections of the forum.

Rob

• 2 months later...

A little update.

Had my first game today at Skirmish Exeter and thoroughly enjoyed myself. 

The sunshine helped but the heat got to people and by the end we'd lost half the players.

Lessons learned

My helmet setup worked well. The Bolle X800's didn't fog even with sweat dripping down the inside.

I'm really glad I got back into running a few months ago. If I hadn't I think today would have killed me.

I need a sight riser.

Watch out for people lurking in shadows

Eyes in the sides and back of my head would be helpful.

I wish I'd had the chance to zero my sight after the spring change

Need a better dump pouch

The Double Eagle performed well. Got enough kills to make me happy. Just a strange battery problem which lost me the last hour of the day.

Great bunch of players. The day felt friendly, well organised and run.

All in a great day.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.