Keymod Vertical Grip

DRay

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Team,

Ideas on someone who stocks more then 3 KeyMod accessories? I want to fit a vertical grip (proper sized one, not some ‘compact’ useless bit of tat) and KeyMod does not seem to have taken off in popularity (someone did warn me that I should change to RIS because no one loves KeyMod and MLOK)

For all other attachments I have RIS rails fitted to then hand guard for the sake of wider compatibility. But I would rather a grip be attached to the hand guard rather than an intermediary. 

Have you used that setup of attachment on attachment in anger? 

My current thinking is to get a 9 notch rail and fit it to the lower side of the handguard and get a RIS handguard. More notches equalling more torsional strength and therefore less likely for bits to fall off in the middle of a fire fight. 

No not yet,lockdown poncing around.Feels pretty solid though.Bits rarely fall off,they just get broken off normaly.P.S I ordered mine from Hong of Kong via Ebay..we're in no rush and a lot cheaper..☺️

• Supporters
On 06/02/2021 at 15:15, DRay said:

Team,

Ideas on someone who stocks more then 3 KeyMod accessories? I want to fit a vertical grip (proper sized one, not some ‘compact’ useless bit of tat) and KeyMod does not seem to have taken off in popularity (someone did warn me that I should change to RIS because no one loves KeyMod and MLOK)

For all other attachments I have RIS rails fitted to then hand guard for the sake of wider compatibility. But I would rather a grip be attached to the hand guard rather than an intermediary. 

What sort of vert grip do you want, there's loads of keymod and MLok out there.

As for whoever told you they haven't taken off - they're talking out of their arse. All those fancy rails from Geissele? MLOK. You can't go to an airsoft event without tripping over MLOK and Keymod stuff!

Anyway - https://www.weapon762.com/grips/968-fma-keymod-standard-vertical-grip.html

• Supporters

I'd say the main reason there aren't many full size vert grips about is that that particular style of grip is less popular. With the growth in popularity of C-Clamp stances etc the old school vert grip has given way to stubby grips like the Tango Down and the short BCM ones.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.